shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphire earrings info and help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
okay, so i know that i would like to have these earrings for my special wedding day.....

katie''s earrings that i like and want:

katiesapphearringpr4.jpg
katiesapphearringpr4.jpg

katiesapphearring3jz1.jpg

katiesapphearring4md9.jpg

katiesapphearring5fn1.jpg

katiesapphearring6zd1.jpg

tiffany ones i didn''t like in person:

19339327fllrgdf4.jpg

i am dying for these katie holmes earrings that i fell in love with. originally, i thought the tiffanys were similiar to hers, but i went into the tiffany store to view them, and in person i didn''t like them because i thought they were too bulky and not as delicate as katie''s. so, i have a few questions.

who would be the best person/store to contact to get these made or purchased?? could leon make something like katie''s for me??? does anyone know what type of sapphire katie is wearing? has anyone bought a blue sapphire from leon mege, if so what is the quality of sapphires does he sell? anyone in atlanta who could make something similiar? what style earring is she wearing? what type of clarity/color diamonds are in the earring? what size are these earrings could you guess?

help...thanks!

p.s. sorry for all the pics...i''m very in love and obsessed with them. i just think they are so beautiful...

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
You could try quest jewelers. They have a couple pair of sapphire halo-type earrings on their website.... and, I know they do custom work. So, I''m sure they could come up with something that you love!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those would be pretty easy to custom make. Anything Leon does is a work of art but I would also get quotes from WF and GOG.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just gorgeous! Katie has some very pretty jewelry!

I would source the sapphires myself from somewhere like the Natural Sapphire company or get someone like Wink to find them. It shouldn''t be too hard to get a small matched pair. But I would strongly consider getting the sapphires mounted as solitaires and getting a removable halo made that could also be worn with other stones. I think WF makes the little diamond halos ready made.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
For those of you familiar with sizes - about how many mm would you guess that Katie''s sapphires are? And, what size diamonds do you think are in the halo?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s hard to say. I was thinking about that exact thing. A half carat diamond is about 5.2mm, and you could look at the WF halos to see what size fits half carat diamonds. If you liked that size, then you could look for sapphires that measured about 5.2mm or whatever (their weight is different from diamonds). That was how I decided to approach it. But I wouldn''t want them to be huge, personally. Katie has pretty small earlobes.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
are these ceylon or austrailian sapphires?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost thought they had a tanzanite quality to them...a bit of purple red to them...

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
leon mege has some just like these on his website. but, would i have to provide those small stones as well??????? where can i get the sapphires?

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure Leon could source the sapphires for you if you want to go that route. I know he found Pokey''s fabulous tsavorite for him.

widget

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
would he source like really really good quality sapphires? i don''t want stones with blemishes that are distracting....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results