shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire costs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care about it being "top quality". I want that blue at 8 o''clock in the eBay picture!
1.gif

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty,
Stuller has some pretty nice small sapphire in a wide range of prices. Their top 4mm blue has a list price of $333 and their least expensive 4mm blue sapphire is listed at $33. You might ask your jeweler to get in a couple of different sets in the price range that suits you and then send the ones not used back. I have used some of their medium and up goods and they are very nice for the price.

deny

Rough_Rock
As a few of you know, I currently had my three stone diamond sides changed to sapphires. My center is 1.52 and the sapphires are appx 5mm each. My jeweler showed me sapphires from $100 to $323 each. The difference in a lower quality sapphire and the top quality is really amazing when you see them in person. The top quality are so bright and beautiful where the lower quality look so dark and black almost.

I chose the top quality for my two sapphires. I don't mean to brag, but they are absolutely beautiful stones. I have had the sapphires about five months now and still can't get over how bright and beautiful they look in the setting.

I paid $538 for the pair.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 6:53:04 PM
Author: denyRN
As a few of you know, I currently had my three stone diamond sides changed to sapphires. My center is 1.52 and the sapphires are appx 5mm each. My jewler showed me sapphires from $100 to $323 each. The difference in a lower quality sapphire and the top quality is really amazing when you see them in person. The top quality are so bright and beautiful where the lower quality look so dark and black almost.

I chose the top quality for my two sapphires. I don''t mean to brag, but they are absolutely beautiful stones. I have had the sapphires about five months now and still can''t get over how bright and beautiful they look in the setting.

I paid $538 for the pair.
have you posted your ring deny? i don''t remember seeing it (and would really like to!)
1.gif

deny

Rough_Rock
I have tried many times but get error each time. My husband who knows a lot about computers can''t get it to work either. I have so many pictures but can''t get them on here!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i will pm my email address to you if you would like me to give it a try!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2005 7:00:27 PM
Author: denyRN
I have tried many times but get error each time. My husband who knows a lot about computers can't get it to work either. I have so many pictures but can't get them on here!
Maybe you could email them to someone and they could try? I would be willing to give it a shot.

ETA: oops! Belle beat me to it!

deny

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, I think I got it to work! Here is my ring. Not a good picture of the center stone but you get the idea of my sapphires. I am so excited I got it to work!!!

pumpkin1234.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!! i am loving the color of those sapphires!
18.gif
well done deny!!
36.gif

deny

Rough_Rock
OMG, now I can''t get it to work anymore! I was trying to post more shots of it...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i posted a reply in your thread.....hopefully that will work, if not, you have my email.
2.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Holy *&^%!!! That''s gorgeous!!!!

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 6:53:37 AM
Author: Richard W. Wise
Andrew,

Are we talking ''top quality'' Australian here? Given that the weight will vary seems to me that your price is too low for a fine heated royal blue with no green or gray.

In my view, everything pictured is a bit light in tone to be considered top quality

Richard
If you consider our Reddestone blue sapphire to be among the best Australia can offer, then we are talking "top quality". A lot of our production has little to no green cross table and a very good royal blue colour but we can not get anywhere near the kind of prices all of you are talking about. A good friend of ours who owns a mine nearby to us had a visit from a Sri Lankan miner last week - a) he was amazed at the size of the resource our friend was operating, and b) he was absolutely staggered at the low prices we were getting - ie. when we can get a buyer to make any kind of offer at all. Much of this conversation took place over a table of good quality mine run sapphire so the fellow could see for himself what kind of sapphire was being produced. Unfortunately he was not a buyer but was looking for some advice on machinery and equipment so the Australian sapphire industry must stagger on and hope that things improve one day. It cant come soon enough for us!

cheers
Andrew Lane
www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results