shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire color

caseclosed

Rough_Rock
Hello, i am curious if you think this sapphire would qualify as “royal blue” or something else. The lab certificate called it royal blue. But does it seem a little light in tone? I tried to take some accurate pictures as much as possible.

Indoor fluorescent:
8BDD6F86-52F8-43F9-83F5-815BCD5B4E2D.jpeg C587B428-3489-4FB4-8DEC-678BB31807D8.jpeg
Outdoor cloudy and sunny:
ECD967F6-A959-4CDE-8777-7225010CE0AC.jpeg
7CE9B1BB-2EAF-4F6A-8317-AE02F29F2908.jpeg

I do feel that the tone is lighter than your typical royal blue, but that's a positive thing, IMO. It appears to have good saturation, which is more important. To me, the ideal combo for blue sapphire is medium to medium-dark tone with vivid saturation. I try not to get too caught up in color designations. If it looks fab to me, I'm in. Lovely stone!

caseclosed

Rough_Rock
I do feel that the tone is lighter than your typical royal blue, but that's a positive thing, IMO. It appears to have good saturation, which is more important. To me, the ideal combo for blue sapphire is medium to medium-dark tone with vivid saturation. I try not to get too caught up in color designations. If it looks fab to me, I'm in. Lovely stone!
Thanks! I do definitely like this tone and color.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous, what vivid color! I think it may darken after you set it, and that will bring it closer to the royal blue you’re thinking of?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t buy the colour label, it can be meaningless, buy instead the colour that you love.
Its a beautiful sapphire, well cut, medium hue and vivid.
And be warned, indoor fluorescent lighting makes virtually all blue sapphires look “blah”.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lab designations of royal blue are all over the map. And phone photos notoriously oversaturate blue. If those are accurate pictures (and I assume they are since they are yours and you say they are representative): the top one looks undersaturated for royal and the second one looks highly saturated but lighter in tone than royal. But I agree with others above that it is very pretty, which is more significant than an idiosyncratic "royal blue" designation. Name of the lab would help...

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I’m still trying to figure out royal and cornflower blue. When I look for sapphires, I want vivid! A light spark, flashes more than dark ones. I think you found a winner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results