shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire, AIGS, 0.86ct, IF

voce

Ideal_Rock
If it's heat only, then that is an appropriate price. The sapphire, although clean, is not a trade ideal colour, and it is less than a carat (smaller gems are cheaper by price/ct).

I am a little concerned about AIGS not LIBS testing the gem; beryllium treatment is not ruled out if LIBS is not performed.

Here are a couple of technical readings about testing for beryllium treatments; you can search for images of beryllium treated sapphires via Google.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's heat only, then that is an appropriate price. The sapphire, although clean, is not a trade ideal colour, and it is less than a carat (smaller gems are cheaper by price/ct).

I am a little concerned about AIGS not LIBS testing the gem; beryllium treatment is not ruled out if LIBS is not performed.

Here are a couple of technical readings about testing for beryllium treatments; you can search for images of beryllium treated sapphires via Google.

Agreed. If it's BE treated, then it's worth much less than that. I also think the pics look WAY over-saturated. So it's likely a "muddy" color IRL.

tomj4

Rough_Rock
Agreed. If it's BE treated, then it's worth much less than that. I also think the pics look WAY over-saturated. So it's likely a "muddy" color IRL.

Thank you very much! :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked around more on the website, and I would run away. They call things "pad" sapphires that aren't even close.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a look at their diamonds. Hmmm. This one is supposedly a G colour and VS2 Clarity (it is also Clarity enhanced).
As with all things you get what you pay for. Do they have a return policy if you aren’t as happy once you see it in person?
It’s hard to buy gemstones from a photo so it’s always preferable if there’s a return policy.
01323C29-C534-42D6-9B04-40F6A00FA1E2.jpeg F422654E-A112-45F6-85DC-E3C15D5EA343.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a look at their diamonds. Hmmm. This one is supposedly a G colour and VS2 Clarity (it is also Clarity enhanced).
As with all things you get what you pay for. Do they have a return policy if you aren’t as happy once you see it in person?
It’s hard to buy gemstones from a photo so it’s always preferable if there’s a return policy.
01323C29-C534-42D6-9B04-40F6A00FA1E2.jpeg F422654E-A112-45F6-85DC-E3C15D5EA343.jpeg

lol. if that's a G color then I am the queen of England. What a scammy site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results