shape
carat
color
clarity

Same Ring, Different Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I are going to look at settings this weekend and we have called ahead to make sure the stores are carrying the setting we are eyeing... Basically, the one I look at every day ...sometimes more than once :) You can find it at www.jackkelege.com - it it is the upright ring in the center.

Anyway, this is my dilemna. Of the two stores that carry the ring, they have quoted me two different prices- with about $1000 difference. The more expensive store had Kelege overnight the ring so we can see it on Saturday and we have been in there before and had contact with the salesperson. We might make some modifications and she seems the most helpful and willing to work with us. However, their ring is more expensive.

Basically, I am wondering if people have had the chance to negotiate with B&M stores and how to approach this delicately. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d tell them that another store is offering the same setting for $1000 less. Just be honest. I''d bet they will match the other stores price. Good luck, it''s a beautiful setting. I think Dee*Jay has the same one.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kaleigh. I would be honest and tell the folks you''ve been dealing with that you really appreciate what they have done and would like to buy from them but you were able to find the same setting for 1k cheaper. Give them a chance to match the price or do better. if they won''t, you can always buy the cheaper one but I would think they might do it. never hurts to ask!!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I guess I figured that we should just ask, but I never figured that it would be possible for a store''s prices to be negiotiable. I will let you know what happens.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
goodluck ringplease and please let us know how it goes!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree totally with Mrs. S. about telling them you''ve found the setting elsewhere for less and ask if they''re willing to match that price.

And Kaleigh, that was my "back-up plan" but I ended up going with a similar version that has side stones. It is a gorgeous setting though!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 8:21:59 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I agree totally with Mrs. S. about telling them you''ve found the setting elsewhere for less and ask if they''re willing to match that price.

And Kaleigh, that was my ''back-up plan'' but I ended up going with a similar version that has side stones. It is a gorgeous setting though!
Whoops, my bad, I was close though!!!
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 8:29:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/15/2007 8:21:59 PM

Author: Dee*Jay

And Kaleigh, that was my ''back-up plan'' but I ended up going with a similar version that has side stones. It is a gorgeous setting though!
Whoops, my bad, I was close though!!!
3.gif

No worries! Seriously, I can hardly keep my own jewelry straight, no one else should be expected to, LOL!
2.gif

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for your pictures DeeJay of the other setting with the similar style. I wouldn't have known that was an option if you didn't tell me!!! So, I will be looking at both. We shall see what happens.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ringplease, I''m very excited to have another Kelege owner on the board! Keep us posted on which one you decide to go with--they are both truly beautiful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto what others have said, don''t be afraid to ask about it and suggest a lower price. I would be nice about it, but firm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results