shape
carat
color
clarity

same day setting, NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donroband

Rough_Rock
Just a follow up question - I'd planned on having my stone set in a fairly inexpensive setting here in Minneapolis and then flying to NY w/my fiance once I've proposed for a day of 'setting' shopping. I'm fine w/burning the $300 or so for the short term setting, but will a jeweler in NYC be able to set it while we wait? I'm not sure I'd want to leave a 10K diamond in a distant land. While it sounds like a fun way to celebrate, if it won't work, I want to be realistic about it. What do you all think?

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
A 10 carat diamond? WOW!!!! I'd like to see that baby!!

Anyway, I've heard that it's not recommended to have your diamond set by a jeweler who didn't sell you the stone. They're liable to be bitter about it and deliberately break it/switch it/ruin it, etc. Is there someone in NYC who you know and trust?

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
Oops, just realized my mistake. You meant $10,000,000...not 10 carats! Leave it to a wishful thinking woman!

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
arrrrghhhh, $10,000...not $10,000,000!!!

Ok, I'm just going to shut up now.

Jbrobinson

Rough_Rock
Hey, just FYI
If there is a Jared, Kay, JBR, Belden, Osterman, in your area go up and ask them when their next remount show is. You pick from 1 of about 300 mountings and they set it while you watch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results