Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

same day setting, NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donroband

Rough_Rock
Just a follow up question - I'd planned on having my stone set in a fairly inexpensive setting here in Minneapolis and then flying to NY w/my fiance once I've proposed for a day of 'setting' shopping. I'm fine w/burning the $300 or so for the short term setting, but will a jeweler in NYC be able to set it while we wait? I'm not sure I'd want to leave a 10K diamond in a distant land. While it sounds like a fun way to celebrate, if it won't work, I want to be realistic about it. What do you all think?

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
A 10 carat diamond? WOW!!!! I'd like to see that baby!!

Anyway, I've heard that it's not recommended to have your diamond set by a jeweler who didn't sell you the stone. They're liable to be bitter about it and deliberately break it/switch it/ruin it, etc. Is there someone in NYC who you know and trust?

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
Oops, just realized my mistake. You meant $10,000,000...not 10 carats! Leave it to a wishful thinking woman!

wwmnb

Rough_Rock
arrrrghhhh, $10,000...not $10,000,000!!!

Ok, I'm just going to shut up now.

Jbrobinson

Rough_Rock
Hey, just FYI
If there is a Jared, Kay, JBR, Belden, Osterman, in your area go up and ask them when their next remount show is. You pick from 1 of about 300 mountings and they set it while you watch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.