shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad to Glad!!! My new 2.19 AGS000!!!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I wrote in Rocky Talk that I chipped my 2.03 stone and now had to get a replacement. I was devastated. ;( It was covered by the retailer's lifetime warranty, so they either would pick a suitable replacement (suitable for who?), or I could upgrade, and they would give me credit for the full price I paid, including the tax. I decided to upgrade my stone's cut. I went from a 2.03 GIA EX/VG/VG , to a 2.19ct, AGS000. I never dreamed I would see such a performance difference! I went from a 59 table to a 55 table, this alone made a huge difference. This new stone has it all! Tons of fire, crystal clear, and sparkles galore!!! I was afraid that going from an H to I color, I would be disappointed. But I am not, AT ALL! This stone out performs my last one, so any body color is sparkled away. I cannot believe how crisp and clear this stone is, and plenty white. I don't have a lot of photos to choose from yet, so here's a couple to give a general idea. I tried to capture the fire. :D
Stats.
2.19 I VS1 AGS 000
Table 55.3
Depth 61.5
Crown 35
Pav. 41
(This stone is still advertised online here at PS, if anyone want to see the cert.)

PS post4.JPG

ps post 2 handshot3 2.19.JPG

ps post 1 2.19.JPG

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on the new stone! It is truly gorgeous :appl: Great pick!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! so glad that you are happy with your new stone. It's stunning! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gracious, how gorgeous is that!! Looks so beautiful on you, glad everything worked out well!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Seems like I've been saying that a lot lately! Gorgeous stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made a great choice! It is beautiful!!! :love:

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
that is GORGEOUS!!! I Love it!! Congrats on the new stone!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone :love: Congratulations!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful and I am so glad that this all worked out for you! However, we simply cannot let you get away with these few pictures - get busy Missy and make us some more!!

So you really feel that this stone outperforms the former one? What an added bonus to you!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I'm really glad everything worked out and you were able to get a beautiful new diamond!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is beautiful. Congrats! So glad it all worked out for you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did make a great choice! It's perfect!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1305591127|2923527 said:
It looks beautiful and I am so glad that this all worked out for you! However, we simply cannot let you get away with these few pictures - get busy Missy and make us some more!!

So you really feel that this stone outperforms the former one? What an added bonus to you!

It out performs the other one by a mile. The other one looked great in special places. This one looks great everywhere. It has 5 times the contrast and fire. Something I really missed when I upgraded from my 1.23 54 table to the 2.03 59 table. Small table beauty is for sure, not a myth!!! I am going to take more pictures this weekend. Thanks for looking at my photos!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1305592651|2923542 said:
I'm really glad everything worked out and you were able to get a beautiful new diamond!

I emailed my vendor the specs you posted for me. They were a tremendous help! Thanks again for getting me those so quickly. My stone is still listed as for sale at ID Jewelry, I just checked. (that's not where I got it from) Not only has ID Jewelry not taken it down, they raised the price $1,000 from the list price they had 4 days ago, on a stone that has been sold. Crazy!!! (Luckily, my retailer's vendor gets some of her stones from a virtual list that Pricescope vendors draw from too, so I was able to fully check out my stone before I made a decision to look at it.) My retailer said there was going to be a diamond price increase about May 12, she was right.
Thanks again for your help! :appl:

And thanks to Kimber, Mrssalvo, and Haven for you nice comments.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a beautiful stone! I love the character she's showing in that last picture.
VAVAVOOOOOOM!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmmm that third picture MUST be your avatar! It is phenomenal!

I would be curious to know the table/depth/crown/pavilion of our old stone to compare to this. Just for interest sake.

So glad it all worked out!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Stunner and huge!!! How pretty that diamond is. I love the setting and band to go with.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1305610018|2923745 said:
Ummmmm that third picture MUST be your avatar! It is phenomenal! I tried that for my avatar, but it looked too fuzzy in the avatar set up, so I changed it.
I would be curious to know the table/depth/crown/pavilion of our old stone to compare to this. Just for interest sake.
Thanks Dreamer and Sandy.
Dreamer, here's the numbers 2.03 H SI1 GIA report #15261956
(I think the lower fire and contrast was from the 59 table, and the Ideal symmetry/polish in the new stone makes it look crisper, maybe the VS1 helped too. My SI1 had additional clouds not shown) I can't really say for sure. Funny thing is, until I got the new stone, I thought the old one was wonderful.
Table 59
Depth 60.08
Crown 34.5
Pav. 41
Ex cut, VG/VG polish/symm
Fluor. Med Blue (New stone has negligible Fl)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an absolute knockout!!! I'm dying to see more pics of your beautiful new stone... and I adore your nail colour :love: :love:

I'm so happy for you that this all worked out, congrats!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's amazing! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone and looks huge! I have a very similar stone and it seems smaller to me on my size 5 finger. What size do you wear? Gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
hearts-arrows_girl|1305611625|2923755 said:
Dreamer_D|1305610018|2923745 said:
Ummmmm that third picture MUST be your avatar! It is phenomenal! I tried that for my avatar, but it looked too fuzzy in the avatar set up, so I changed it.
Thanks Dreamer and Sandy.
Dreamer, here's the numbers 2.03 H SI1 GIA report #15261956
(I think the lower fire and contrast was from the 59 table, and the Ideal symmetry/polish in the new stone makes it look crisper, maybe the VS1 helped too. My SI1 had additional clouds not shown) I can't really say for sure. Funny thing is, until I got the new stone, I thought the old one was wonderful.
Table 59
Depth 60.08
Crown 34.5
Pav. 41
Ex cut, VG/VG polish/symm
Fluor. Med Blue (New stone has negligible Fl)

Well, this is all academic since what you see matters above all!

But clarity and polish would not affect optics, not based on what you mentioned. The proportions of your old stone were not as complimentary as the current, that is true. But am I recallign correctly your old stone had 80 lgf and this one has shorter lgf? That makes a difference, subtle but observable especially in this ct weight, with your present stone probably tending to bolder chunkier flashes of light and your old stone probably tending to brilliance as the expense of bold flash (especially with the larger table in conjunction with the lfg ratio). And your old stone would have been dirty and this one clean 8) :bigsmile: On the whole, I don't think your old stone was poorly cut, but definitely of a different flavour. Sounds like you enjoy the flavour of this cut a lot more, and that is AWESOME!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!! I love the new stone, and your setting is spectacular too!

Gorgeous! Loving the new stone.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is gorgeous and looks amazing on your hand! Congratulations :appl: !

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
the new stone is gorgeous!!!! So glad that this had a happy outcome!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1305650335|2923997 said:
But clarity and polish would not affect optics, not based on what you mentioned. The proportions of your old stone were not as complimentary as the current, that is true. But am I recalling correctly your old stone had 80 lgf and this one has shorter lgf? That makes a difference, subtle but observable especially in this ct weight, with your present stone probably tending to bolder chunkier flashes of light and your old stone probably tending to brilliance at the expense of bold flash (especially with the larger table in conjunction with the lfg ratio). And your old stone would have been dirty and this one clean 8) :bigsmile: On the whole, I don't think your old stone was poorly cut, but definitely of a different flavor. Sounds like you enjoy the flavor of this cut a lot more, and that is AWESOME!
Dreamer - Yes, my old stone was 80 lgf and this one is 75 lgf. I agree, the other stone was not poorly cut, just a completely different style. 60/60 style. And I do like the style that comes with a smaller table. And I love the extra contrast.

nfowife- I wear a size 5.5. I think the stone looks bigger because I shot it at an angle.
Dandi Andi- my polish is called "Basket Case" It's by either O.P.I. or Orly. It's my favorite. Put in the name online it will come up.
Thanks to everyone who complimented my pictures. I really appreciate the kind feed back. :appl:

luckky

Shiny_Rock
OMG...so stunning your ring is TDF especially the hand shot look so amazing and hugh!! :love: I love the whole set!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results