shape
carat
color
clarity

Russian Demantoid Ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. This is beautiful @Musia - I’m so glad you decided to go ahead and set it and wear it and enjoy it!!

I remember every single piece my grandmothers both wore regularly. I was lucky to inherit one of my grandmother’s daily bangles - they’re treasures in my jewellery box. I know your granddaughter will cherish your ring and all her memories of you wearing it when you gift it to her one day :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love demantoids and that is a beauty. And I love the setting. Call me old fashioned but I love the solid yellow gold settings especially for green stones.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful.. Classic.

cheers--Sharon

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Musia - it’s great you are sharing your love of gems with the babies! They’ll grow up loving them too!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love how bright the green is!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia - it’s great you are sharing your love of gems with the babies! They’ll grow up loving them too!

My daughter loves jewelry and has many nice and expensive pieces. She stated that her daughter is going to inherit "everything". That statement literally pushed me into getting some knowledge and buying/commissioning nice things so the older baby will have something blingy too. Her mom is absolutely indifferent when it comes to buying/discussing jewelry, has no interest whatsoever in anything that is useless in her opinion. She has her plain wedding band and a pendant made of glass that my son gave her when they started dating (my son was 20 and she was 19). That's why I am here! I was surprised my daughter didn't show any interest in joining PS too, but now we have one more area of interest to discuss and I am proud that now she listens to my advices and respects my opinions a lot. She started collecting jewelry, both fine and costume, at relatively early age, I "inherited" some of her nicer pieces that she no longer wanted to keep as well as tons of cheap blingy things I initially had kept because they have sentimental value, but now I am clearly envisioning both girls playing with them nicely and happily.

I bought Russian alexandrite for my younger grandbaby, it is small and with some inclusions but very nice in general stone. I have Russian emerald I planned to set and then give the piece to my daughter. So I am working on making both my and my daughter's collections well balanced, interesting and equally valuable. Thank you for kind words! :kiss2:

Reactions: caf

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. This is beautiful @Musia - I’m so glad you decided to go ahead and set it and wear it and enjoy it!!

I remember every single piece my grandmothers both wore regularly. I was lucky to inherit one of my grandmother’s daily bangles - they’re treasures in my jewellery box. I know your granddaughter will cherish your ring and all her memories of you wearing it when you gift it to her one day :love:

Thank you! Initially I thought of giving new pieces to my DIL so she can hide them (she doesn't wear jewelry, only her plain wedding band) and give them to the girl when she is ready to wear valuable things, but recently I decided it will be better and more nice if the girl inherits the pieces she saw me wearing.

Reactions: caf

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter loves jewelry and has many nice and expensive pieces. She stated that her daughter is going to inherit "everything". That statement literally pushed me into getting some knowledge and buying/commissioning nice things so the older baby will have something blingy too. Her mom is absolutely indifferent when it comes to buying/discussing jewelry, has no interest whatsoever in anything that is useless in her opinion. She has her plain wedding band and a pendant made of glass that my son gave her when they started dating (my son was 20 and she was 19). That's why I am here! I was surprised my daughter didn't show any interest in joining PS too, but now we have one more area of interest to discuss and I am proud that now she listens to my advices and respects my opinions a lot. She started collecting jewelry, both fine and costume, at relatively early age, I "inherited" some of her nicer pieces that she no longer wanted to keep as well as tons of cheap blingy things I initially had kept because they have sentimental value, but now I am clearly envisioning both girls playing with them nicely and happily.

I bought Russian alexandrite for my younger grandbaby, it is small and with some inclusions but very nice in general stone. I have Russian emerald I planned to set and then give the piece to my daughter. So I am working on making both my and my daughter's collections well balanced, interesting and equally valuable. Thank you for kind words! :kiss2:

Thank you! Initially I thought of giving new pieces to my DIL so she can hide them (she doesn't wear jewelry, only her plain wedding band) and give them to the girl when she is ready to wear valuable things, but recently I decided it will be better and more nice if the girl inherits the pieces she saw me wearing.

^^ This! I loved inheriting my nana’s jewelry! I love wearing it and recalling her wearing it. Plus it gave my grandfather great pleasure to see me wearing her jewelry!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Demantoid of the color in your ring @Musia , is my all-time fave green. I love it much more than emerald, even though emerald is lovely. Your shade of demantoid is gorgeous! I love the fire in it!

When I was a young adult, I visited a great little antique store and saw an estate ring with a larger, round (2ct-ish) dematoid the same color as yours. On each side was a 1ct diamond, all in yellow gold. The ring was spectacular! I sooooo loved it and it fit me perfectly. However, it was over $10K at that time (!!!) and they weren't interested in taking my car as a trade. LOL!

It's great that you've set it and are enjoying it—and will encourage your grands to enjoy jewelry as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that color is beautiful and I like that it really stands out in that setting!

Sometimes I have a hard time believing that the Earth makes such beautiful colors! Enjoy your ring!!!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Demantoid of the color in your ring @Musia , is my all-time fave green. I love it much more than emerald, even though emerald is lovely. Your shade of demantoid is gorgeous! I love the fire in it!

When I was a young adult, I visited a great little antique store and saw an estate ring with a larger, round (2ct-ish) dematoid the same color as yours. On each side was a 1ct diamond, all in yellow gold. The ring was spectacular! I sooooo loved it and it fit me perfectly. However, it was over $10K at that time (!!!) and they weren't interested in taking my car as a trade. LOL!

It's great that you've set it and are enjoying it—and will encourage your grands to enjoy jewelry as well.

Thank you very much! The indeed lovely and beautiful Russian emerald that I have is in color that is very close to a green beryl, the appraiser who examined it said she wouldn't send it to the GIA lab if it was her stone. But she asked me to send this green baby as well as my little Russian alexandrite to Carlsbad. She said that both stones are extremely rare. One because of the color and another because of its origin (it has strong enough color change, but it is not especially unique). I decided to set demantoid and then my daughter and I will bring them in person to the lab. Carlsbad and La Jolla not far from it are our 2 favorite towns for having family vacations. Hopefully next year will be good enough for going South and splashing in the warm Ocean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results