shape
carat
color
clarity

Rude to use my ideal-scope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m in the process of educating a very close friend of mine on ideal-cut diamonds. She is planning to purchase around a 2 ct diamond (maybe slightly smaller). She is lurking here too and has done the tutorials I told her about. We are going on a viewing expedition next week so that she can really see examples of what she has been learning. Would it be appropriate for me to bring my ideal-scope along to use on the diamonds she is comparing?

In all honesty, she will most likely be purchasing from one of the great vendors here on PS, but I think it is important for her to actually see various stones and their cuts in person before she makes a commitment like this.

Thanks for your guidance,

Diamondlil

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's rude. Retailers may, at their discretion, but I don't care. I've often piqued the interest of a salesperson by letting them look through the I.S. at my EightStar. It's a great tool.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
A jeweler who would be offended isn't something you'd want to buy from anyway.

tessa

Shiny_Rock
well, if they have nothing to hide........it shouldnt be a problem

I took mine to show my daughter when she bought a teeny diamond.
A better educated consumer is the final aim, I would think.

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
I don't think its rude at all! But then again I'm not a jeweller, so I wouldn't know. My gf bought an idealscope and when I go to pick up the ring (date/time undisclosed), I'll take it along with me and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results