shape
carat
color
clarity

RubyBeth''s new spinel ring setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
...it''s here! I ordered the setting last Thursday (March 17, St. Patrick''s day) since eBay sent me a little coupon and I thought, "I might as well use this!" plus I''d gotten the state tax return deposited the night before.
27.gif
So, here''s the spinel just resting in the jewe2004 setting. Hubby helped take a few photos.

rubybethspinelring.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hubby took this one.

rubybethspinelringwithering.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Next to my X-factor. Thanks for everyone''s help on this project! Can''t wait to get it set and wear it to my graduation in a month and a half.
9.gif

rubybethspinelringandering2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool shade of violet, and a very elegant setting. I think it''s very beautiful, enjoy!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty setting; it''s so delicate looking.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a pretty spinel, and I love how delicate that setting is! I love it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! I like it a lot. I love me some split shanks.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love how delicate it is

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks lovely - what a nice combination
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!!

What do you think of the setting from jewe2004? Can you give us a review of your assessment of it?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 9:50:23 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Lovely!!

What do you think of the setting from jewe2004? Can you give us a review of your assessment of it?

Thanks everyone!!

Re: cinnamon''s question:
I think the setting looks pretty good--no special lighting tricks used in the eBay photos. I will look at it with a loupe tomorrow; I''m hoping to get it set soon. The diamonds are tiny and sparkly and the setting is very delicate-looking; I really like it. It''s not perfect, but for $170? I honestly am not *that* picky. We''ll see what the local jeweler has to say, too. I think I''ll probably have them appraise it when they set it, too.
41.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
The setting looks great! Congrats on the upcoming graduation.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! It''s a nice size for your hand.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I can see how these kinds of projects get to be really fun. Ahhh, the endless array of choices! It''s been really fun. Will make a trip to the jeweler this weekend to get this baby set.
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
VERY nice! I can''t wait to hear what the jeweler says about the setting. It seems like more people are ordering from this vendor. The prices seem to be a lot cheaper than say LOGR.

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Very pretty...I ordered the same setting myself on 3/17 but needed them to resize the mount to accommodate my stone AND I requested an upgrade to full cut diamonds. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the setting. I'm anxiously awaiting mine which I expect sometime next week.
36.gif

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeats, yes, the prices are a bit more reasonable than LOGR, as their prices keep going up. I don''t have a comparison for the quality, though, so will need a LOGR to know for sure.
2.gif

knitwit, can''t wait to see your version of the ring!! What size stone/type of stone are you putting into it! It will be fun to have a (sort of) ring twin. Since I was inspired by Lauren''s yellow sapphire ring for this project, I''m excited to see your version, too!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Rubybeth, I came across your avatar and did a double-take! Your ring reminds me so much of one I have. They look almost identical.

Congrats! It looks great on your finger.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:28:36 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Oh my gosh, Rubybeth, I came across your avatar and did a double-take! Your ring reminds me so much of one I have. They look almost identical.

Congrats! It looks great on your finger.

Thanks, CDN! Do you have your ring on PS somewhere?

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring! i love the color and shape of the stone.
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely new ring :)

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:47:19 PM
Author: rubybeth

knitwit, can''t wait to see your version of the ring!! What size stone/type of stone are you putting into it! It will be fun to have a (sort of) ring twin. Since I was inspired by Lauren''s yellow sapphire ring for this project, I''m excited to see your version, too!!

My stone is an asscher cut amethyst, 6.5mm so mine will be a bit more square than yours. I kinda thought I might have received the shipping info by now as they had told me 5-7 days to make the ring and 5-7 to ship. I emailed them today asking if they could give me an estimate on a ship date so we''ll see.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rubybeth,

here''s mine, although I think your setting is more delicate looking. Love your violet spinel!

RHR-00888.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty Rubybeth!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very elegant looking!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty!!
36.gif
36.gif
You picked a great setting for the stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results