shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I posted about this ruby ring I am thinking of buying in the gem forum yesterday but I thought the ring would get more exposure here. I know I hardly ever went there until I started thinking about this purchase.

Ruby1.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I cropped the photos. Why is it so big? I won''t post anymore until I figure it out or someone tells me what I am doing wrong.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
You don''t just need to crop, you''ll need to resize. I usually resize to about 500 pixels wide.

I''ll be waiting for that gorgeous pic!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Here goes.

ruby45.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
10.gif

I don''t think anyone can evaluate such a thing based on pictures... but it surely looks impressive in every conceivable way. (IMO, of course)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s very pretty!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, very pretty..

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Ruby is my birth stone!! I''d love to have a stone as gorgeous as that one.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A real ruby? Not synthetic? Not spinel? I ask because that is one of the CLEANEST rubies I have seen in a long time, and so can imagine it being a pretty penny!!! Beautiful!!
30.gif

ETA: Just saw your other thread - and if it's a Harry Winston....can see why.
2.gif
Have you gotten it appraised or decided either way yet?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have not gotten it appraised as of yet. I wanted to go back and look at it again without my two kids hanging on me. (I had to take my two year old. She loves it, by the way. :)) Also, I wanted to take a look at it outside in natural light. I was able to find out that it was 2.54 carats.

I don''t know much about rubies. This is the first time I have seen one that caught my eye in a way that I would consider buying it. I had always planned to get an emerald ring someday which is my birthstone. DH had said I could someday but I have never seen anything that I wanted. I wasn''t seeking anything out but given that this is an estate piece, I am more inclined to consider it. I want a three stone ring at some point but I figure those come around anytime.

So, I haven''t seen many rubies in person and I don''t really know the criteria for buying one. I know for example that inclusions in an emerald aren''t viewed the same way that they are in a diamond. But I can''t see any flaws in this stone, at least with my naked eye. I did briefly look at it through a loup and didn''t see anything that concerned me. The color is very deep.

I thought that the price was reasonable for ring with a stone of that size and quality. Of course I would be paying a premium for the HW name and Neiman Marcus as well. I wouldn''t do that for just any diamond or any ring but since it is an estate piece and it is the prettiest ruby I have seen (I looked extensively on the net after seeing this to see if there was anything like it and there wasn''t), I would consider it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the side view:

ruby33.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow.. that is a FANTASTIC ruby
30.gif
30.gif

are you waiting to decide about keeping it until you have it appraised then?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am the furthest thing from an expert by a long shot but I associate many rubies with having lots of ''silk'' or some cloudiness to them. I''ve read that of all ruby inclusions this is the preferred kind, but yours definitely seems to lack much silk - which makes it more clear and less opaque - and STUNNING. Seriously - I thought it was synthetic or spinel.
1.gif
It''s a beauty.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know zip about rubies but my eyes know what they''s like!!! And they like that ring. WOW! It''s gorgeous in every way.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert.

but do love rubies so I always look at them when I am near a jewelry store.

That is the most gorgeous ruby I have seen in a LONG time.

The first ruby that ever really caught my eye was an estate piece, about 10 years ago and when I went back it had been sold.

I have not seen such a magical ruby since then.
What I am saying, in a roundabout way, is the really gorgeous ones are few and far between, in my experience.

If you love it- go for it!

IT IS STUNNING!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is really a beautiful, classic ring and the color of the ruby is amazing!

Carey

Shiny_Rock
That ruby is a YES! I have a 1 ct ruby with 1/3 ct diamond sidestones. I LOVE my ruby because it''s so deep and clean - like yours - no ''silk'' or anything cloudy. As someone who loves rubies and looks at every one I get a chance to I say ''go for it''!!!! Rubies like yours are few and far between! Enjoy!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
That ruby is so lovely, that''s also my moms birthstone....

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
I just adore your ruby ring
30.gif
. It is my birthstone also. I have a trilliant cut lab created ruby right now.But dream of having a natural as beautiful as yours someday soon,And did not know a natural ruby could be as gorgeous as that, I have never seen one so clear.
23.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is one heck of a ruby! Yummy!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Late here, but I think that ring is gorgeous, and from the pictures it looks like a fabulous ruby! YUM!!

Wow, I''d sure be tempted! That it''s originally from HW indicates to me that it is probably a very high quality stone.

Are you going to have it appraised? If the appraiser thinks there might be a chance that the stone is unheated, it might be worth having it sent off for certification.

Please do keep us posted on how you proceed!!

widget

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! What a color on that one.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! The colour of that ruby is just... well... gorgeous! It''s like a juicy strawberry!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
That is a BEAUTY!!!! You'll kick yourself for years if you don't buy it. (If you have the means.)
From the pics it looks like a really fine stone.
What lucious color - I can almost taste the Cherry.
Wow. wow. wow.

cherrypicked.com has some nice rubies up, but yours is captivating.
There's something special about that stone.

Scintillating...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very elegant! I LOVE the setting!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I just called the manager at NM and confirmed with him that it is a natural ruby, not heat treated and not a spinel. I also told him my idea of sending it to the appraiser before I purchased and he was very supportive of the idea. He actually said since it is an estate piece he thought it was a good idea.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good - I''d get that sucker appraised and go forth!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!! I love rubies. I love the classic style of your ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results