shape
carat
color
clarity

RUBY red

Stonerocks

Rough_Rock
I finally get around to see a Vivid red Ruby and thought I could share although its not available anymore. These picts were from the seller. I wonder if it belongs to a Pricescope member here? Big price tag attached to big color. Was inform that its not even heated, AGS (or AGL, slipped my mind, I remember its the popular lab recommended here) proof attached. Any recommendations for where to look for a Ruby or Spinel of a color like this and the range of price I would probably be looking at?

Photo1692.jpg

Photo1689.jpg

Photo1710.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Richard Wise has fine rubies, Palagems is another (trade only but nice pics).

Fine rubies are $$$$. You can easily be looking at $10k + per carat even in small sizes like 1-2 carats for really fine colour, clarity and untreated.

Just to be really, really picky, I would say that the first two photos show a little too much orangy brown to be premium colour. That said, photos don't always show the true colour and the final photo looks amazing - and face up pics?

If you do a search on here for a guy called Timmy!, he bought one of the finest rubies I have ever seen. Link to thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choosing-a-ruby.50718/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choosing-a-ruby.50718/[/URL]

Stone was 1.13ct and IIRC $9,600 and took him around 15 months to find.

amazingprongs.jpg

Stonerocks

Rough_Rock
I am willing to pay up to $10 k for a completed ring with a bright red ruby. This is my most costly project so far. I will keep looking, thanks :tongue:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Good rubies are very hard to find.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is an orangy-brown--I actually wonder if its BE heated, since a lot of BE stones have a similar look. Have you gone through AGBF's ruby thread? That was pretty recent, has a great discussions a lot of rec's and links as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stonerocks|1309746016|2961359 said:
I am willing to pay up to $10 k for a completed ring with a bright red ruby. This is my most costly project so far. I will keep looking, thanks :tongue:

Actually, you may not get very far with $10K if you want a true bright red ruby, unless it's treated or very small (less than a carat). Fine untreated rubies of strong red saturation are very hard to find, and almost always fracture filled or be-treated. Think $15K at least for a one carat stone, and that's just for the stone, if you can find one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results