shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Questions, Help me choose one

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must have mistyped them because the Pearlman's Jewelers site is still up. They are also a brick and mortar store. The ruby's I had suggested for you were:
1)1.26 ct round, heated , origin Mozambique, $5,954.00, c dunaigre cert.(european certificate)
2)1.31 ct. round, heated, origin Burma, $5,064.00, pink tinge, no cert but purchase could be contingent on cert results
3)1.04 ct oval, unheated, origin Mozambique, $4,752.00 c. dunaigre cert,
4) 1.24 ct oval, unheated, origin Mozambique, $6,487.00, gia cert.
Africa Gems also sources their gemstones from the same supplier as Pearlman's jewelers.Also look into DiamondsbyLauren. They have a gorgeous 1.37 ct cushion cut ruby for $4,495.00 with a gia cert.(it's also on their eBay site)

llviolet

Rough_Rock
I must have mistyped them because the Pearlman's Jewelers site is still up. They are also a brick and mortar store. The ruby's I had suggested for you were:
1)1.26 ct round, heated , origin Mozambique, $5,954.00, c dunaigre cert.(european certificate)
2)1.31 ct. round, heated, origin Burma, $5,064.00, pink tinge, no cert but purchase could be contingent on cert results
3)1.04 ct oval, unheated, origin Mozambique, $4,752.00 c. dunaigre cert,
4) 1.24 ct oval, unheated, origin Mozambique, $6,487.00, gia cert.
Africa Gems also sources their gemstones from the same supplier as Pearlman's jewelers.Also look into DiamondsbyLauren. They have a gorgeous 1.37 ct cushion cut ruby for $4,495.00 with a gia cert.(it's also on their eBay site)

Thank you! I was able to find their site by googling, many good reviews.

llviolet

Rough_Rock
One irrelevant questions, I'm thinking of setting the ruby to a halo ring (probably with Micro Pavé), do you think rose gold would clash with the ruby (supposing I will get a true red or with a slightly pink hue)? Thanks to you all ;)2;)2

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In my experience rubies do look very nice in rose gold. It does somewhat depend on the various hues in them. Many consider only true reds as rubies in the trade. Pinkish ones are in many cases actually pink sapphires. True red rubies would look gorgeous in rose gold, if they have a slight orangey or brownish undertones that will be reduced. A pink hue, however, may be further enhanced. If you are ok with pink, pink sapphires may be a more affordable option for you. If you are looking for a ruby, a red stone is what you should be looking for. That said personal taste does come into play. It is true that some called pigeon blood are actually purplish and/or too dark, many are not. And you really have to see them IRL. I absolutely agree that buying an unheated stone is a great idea when you have the budget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results