shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 12:56:37 PM
Author: Pandora II

I also confess that I was feeling lazy and didn''t want to write big descriptions of all the major ones. Very bad of me I know!

What are you doing with your time now you''ve finished your GG?
9.gif

I''ve got my first set of exams in June - 3 weeks after baby is due. I must be crazy!

haha!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I don''t often visit the other forums, I did not know you are pregnant!
1.gif

oh, and what am I doing? Interviewing.
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 1:01:40 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 11/26/2008 12:56:37 PM
Author: Pandora II

I also confess that I was feeling lazy and didn''t want to write big descriptions of all the major ones. Very bad of me I know!

What are you doing with your time now you''ve finished your GG?
9.gif

I''ve got my first set of exams in June - 3 weeks after baby is due. I must be crazy!

haha!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I don''t often visit the other forums, I did not know you are pregnant!
1.gif

oh, and what am I doing? Interviewing.
9.gif
Oooh, good luck - keep us posted!

Thanks for the congrats - 4 months already, it''s all a cunning plan to get a year of maternity leave to finish up my FGA in.
27.gif

Is a silent and well behaved child too much to hope for?
17.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and good luck PandoraII, I didn''t know you were pregnant! How exciting.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
Have you got a black light? Even a keychain one? Rubies have red florescence and will glow bright red, both natural and synthetic ones. I''ve never seen that kind of glow in other stones. Spinel might have some, but nowhere as strong. Ok, I''ve seen strong red glow in alexandrite under black light, but I think nobody can mistake that for a ruby. :D

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 3:26:29 AM
Author: sapphirepod
Have you got a black light? Even a keychain one? Rubies have red florescence and will glow bright red, both natural and synthetic ones. I''ve never seen that kind of glow in other stones. Spinel might have some, but nowhere as strong. Ok, I''ve seen strong red glow in alexandrite under black light, but I think nobody can mistake that for a ruby. :D
That''s interesting. I do have a blacklight.......somehwere......probably hiding with the loupe that I can''t seem to find! Grrrr....I spent forever searching for it last night with no luck. And between dh and myself, we must have at least 3 or 4. What the heck? Thanks for the info!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
This is a fascinating thread! Ruby is my birth stone, but I have never been very fond of it because the ones I had seen were almost always milky. A few years ago hubby gave me a ruby and diamond ring. We found one with a small marquise stone, that looks very much like your heart shaped ruby, about the same color, and it''s very clear. It fluoresces an almost neon red color, really glows. It''s set in yellow gold though, and I can no longer wear it, so I may have it reset one day
7.gif
14.gif

I hope you can figure out what that first stone is. It''s beautiful and interesting, whether synthetic or natural
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 11:04:23 PM
Author: flowerladytoo
This is a fascinating thread! Ruby is my birth stone, but I have never been very fond of it because the ones I had seen were almost always milky. A few years ago hubby gave me a ruby and diamond ring. We found one with a small marquise stone, that looks very much like your heart shaped ruby, about the same color, and it''s very clear. It fluoresces an almost neon red color, really glows. It''s set in yellow gold though, and I can no longer wear it, so I may have it reset one day
7.gif
14.gif

I hope you can figure out what that first stone is. It''s beautiful and interesting, whether synthetic or natural
2.gif
Thanks flowerladytoo. You should post your ring! We''d love to see it.

Still haven''t found a loop......but hubby has a keychain blacklight.....I''m going to go search for it right now.

Oh, and Coati - you were talking about looking at it in the sun. The sun actually came out on Friday (be still my heart) and the stone didn''t really glow, it just brightened a bit with a touch of sparkle. Clint is absolutely positive that he can see inclusions......but I told him that diamonds are his specialty, not gemstones so don''t be too sure!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results