shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Lane Red Tag Sale?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my eye on something on Ruby Lane and added it to my wish list a few days ago when they announced their Red Tag sale. Who am I kidding, I added a few things in case they were on sale! I logged in this morning and one thing has gone from $368 to $400 but is also in the Red Tag sale. I'm sure it's still a good deal at $200 like it will be in the sale, but I'm a bit upset that the seller increased the price ahead of the sale. Is this the norm? I do think that half off is completely unrealistic, not many of us who sell on DB or LT could afford to take half off our things, but I don't like the idea of increasing the price ahead of the sale just so that the seller can put it on sale. Normal practice? Thoughts?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the things I had tagged in my saved list on Rubylane just went up before the red tag sale as well. I think that the sellers are under pressure to participate in the sale and so to attempt not to either lose money or to get closer to what they really want for their items they put them up so they can then participate in the advertised 15% off or 10% off or whatever the advertised sale event is.

Most things go down without the prices going up first when they do have sales and I agree it is cheating but, if the price is less than what it was originally then that is a bonus if you love the item then go for it. I always haggle when I buy anything from there anyway sale or no sale. More than half of the vendors will negotiate with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results