Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

ruby eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen them in sapphire so ruby should be okay too - right? what setting is the best way to protect them from getting banged up on the part under your hand? channel? gypsy?

TIA!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 6:22:58 PM
Author: Pricescope
Something like this?
oh wow that is gorgeous!!!!!

So, do you think bezel setting rubies is adequte protection for them when they''re eternity set?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...I love that design!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn''t it pretty Tacori?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 10:02:28 PM
I don't think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn't it pretty Tacori?
So pretty!. I wouldn't mind one in WG and sapphires and maybe a little milgrain on the bezels
Oh, well. No fine jewelry until my 30th I am told.

ETA: I think the rubies would be VERY safe in a setting like that.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 12:21:01 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 11/20/2006 10:02:28 PM
I don''t think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn''t it pretty Tacori?
So pretty!. I wouldn''t mind one in WG and sapphires and maybe a little milgrain on the bezels
Oh, well. No fine jewelry until my 30th I am told.

ETA: I think the rubies would be VERY safe in a setting like that.
the girdles would be very safe in bezels - but I''m thinkng of the tables.. if they''re gonna be banged on things etc. What do you think?

BTW a ring like that would look so nice on the *other* side of your wedding set... :D in sapphire of course! I''ve not seen a ruby ring though so it''s nice to see one!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cehra don't you worry about tables of sapphire's, you would need to work very hard and use a diamond or another ruby to hurt it.
That's why good watches have a sapphire face.

I also have been using a sapphire chip to cut very hard Si pieces and the only damage i managed to make to it was breaking it if pressing too hard and this happened just because a chip was very thin (approximation to a "girdle situation").

I have seen very old rings set with ruby, setting looking bitten up, ruby - like new.

In both examples i was talking about very clean (tech sapphire-IF) sapphires, it's hard to tell which inclusions and how much will affect durability theoretically.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:49:32 AM
Cehra don''t you worry about tables of sapphire''s, you would need to work very hard and use a diamond or another ruby to hurt it.
That''s why good watches have a sapphire face.

I also have been using a sapphire chip to cut very hard Si pieces and the only damage i managed to make to it was breaking it if pressing too hard and this happened just because a chip was very thin (approximation to a ''girdle situation'').

I have seen very old rings set with ruby, setting looking bitten up, ruby - like new.

In both examples i was talking about very clean (tech sapphire-IF) sapphires, it''s hard to tell which inclusions and how much will affect durability theoretically.
okay this is reassuring... thank you! I did worry about the tables of sapphires too I just wondered if there was a preferred setting if it''s going to be under the finger :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 12:42:03 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 11/21/2006 12:21:01 AM

BTW a ring like that would look so nice on the *other* side of your wedding set... :D in sapphire of course! I''ve not seen a ruby ring though so it''s nice to see one!!

Ohh....you are probably right
Too bad I promised DH a break from any fine jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.