shape
carat
color
clarity

ruby eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen them in sapphire so ruby should be okay too - right? what setting is the best way to protect them from getting banged up on the part under your hand? channel? gypsy?

TIA!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 6:22:58 PM
Author: Pricescope
Something like this?
oh wow that is gorgeous!!!!!

So, do you think bezel setting rubies is adequte protection for them when they''re eternity set?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...I love that design!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn''t it pretty Tacori?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 10:02:28 PM
I don't think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn't it pretty Tacori?

So pretty!. I wouldn't mind one in WG and sapphires and maybe a little milgrain on the bezels
27.gif
Oh, well. No fine jewelry until my 30th I am told.
8.gif

ETA: I think the rubies would be VERY safe in a setting like that.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 12:21:01 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 11/20/2006 10:02:28 PM
I don''t think it can get any safer than a good bezel, but i was just looking for one for you and liked that one.

Isn''t it pretty Tacori?

So pretty!. I wouldn''t mind one in WG and sapphires and maybe a little milgrain on the bezels
27.gif
Oh, well. No fine jewelry until my 30th I am told.
8.gif

ETA: I think the rubies would be VERY safe in a setting like that.
the girdles would be very safe in bezels - but I''m thinkng of the tables.. if they''re gonna be banged on things etc. What do you think?

BTW a ring like that would look so nice on the *other* side of your wedding set... :D in sapphire of course! I''ve not seen a ruby ring though so it''s nice to see one!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cehra don't you worry about tables of sapphire's, you would need to work very hard and use a diamond or another ruby to hurt it.
That's why good watches have a sapphire face.

I also have been using a sapphire chip to cut very hard Si pieces and the only damage i managed to make to it was breaking it if pressing too hard and this happened just because a chip was very thin (approximation to a "girdle situation").

I have seen very old rings set with ruby, setting looking bitten up, ruby - like new.

In both examples i was talking about very clean (tech sapphire-IF) sapphires, it's hard to tell which inclusions and how much will affect durability theoretically.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:49:32 AM
Cehra don''t you worry about tables of sapphire''s, you would need to work very hard and use a diamond or another ruby to hurt it.
That''s why good watches have a sapphire face.

I also have been using a sapphire chip to cut very hard Si pieces and the only damage i managed to make to it was breaking it if pressing too hard and this happened just because a chip was very thin (approximation to a ''girdle situation'').

I have seen very old rings set with ruby, setting looking bitten up, ruby - like new.

In both examples i was talking about very clean (tech sapphire-IF) sapphires, it''s hard to tell which inclusions and how much will affect durability theoretically.
okay this is reassuring... thank you! I did worry about the tables of sapphires too I just wondered if there was a preferred setting if it''s going to be under the finger :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 12:42:03 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 11/21/2006 12:21:01 AM

BTW a ring like that would look so nice on the *other* side of your wedding set... :D in sapphire of course! I''ve not seen a ruby ring though so it''s nice to see one!!

Ohh....you are probably right
27.gif
Too bad I promised DH a break from any fine jewelry!
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results