shape
carat
color
clarity

Rubellite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help required from you lovely people please!

How much, per carat, would you say is fair for a 10ct Rubellite (pear cut) from Brazil that is a rich raspberry colour, has good clarity and doesn''t go brown?

Is $82 per carat about right?????

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Sounds too cheap to me. Check it out on gemval.com. It can give you an idea. I have a one carat rubellite that was appraised for around $240 on there. It has all the attributes you describe. Cutting and shape are also other factors to consider.

Brazil is also selling a lot of irradiated tourmaline and passing them off as natural color as well, so buyer beware.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheers TL. I''ve had my eye on this stone for 2 years and it hasn''t sold because it was priced at a lot higher and I was in the right place at the right time this weekend and noticed it suddenly went on sale! It''s not irradiated and is from the old mine that''s not deplete so I think I''m ok. I trust the seller - have bought tons from him so ............ fingers crossed! By the way I got my pear Rubellite ring from them also and it was £450 for 5ct (another steal)!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$82/ct for a 10ct rubellite sounds too inexpensive. Especially for one that is eye clean, with a rich colour and doesn''t get muddy. I''d be suspicious.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 8:50:58 PM
Author: Chrono
$82/ct for a 10ct rubellite sounds too inexpensive. Especially for one that is eye clean, with a rich colour and doesn''t get muddy. I''d be suspicious.
+1.

mz

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Suspicious. I agree that 200-300$/ct would be a minimum in those sizes and qualities, and for such a large size I wouldn''t be surprised by an even larger price tag.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I''ll have to post up piccies tomorrow then - apparently it''s being delivered to work!!! Woohoo! Please keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it''s a goodie!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Slight hijack, but did you like your tsavorite from AJS?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2009 12:00:07 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
LD,
Yes and no!

I was expecting neon (screaming neon) and what arrived was a much more "normal" colour Tsav. It''s got lovely green and blues and is a great size but there''s a window that I''m not thrilled about and it certainly didn''t have in the photo.

Having said that it''s 2.15ct for $325 and a true Tsav colour (and not too dark) but it just lacks the neon that I was looking for. However what I''ve got is worth the money and more and I''m hoping that once set I can do a Houdini with the window again
2.gif

Thanks for asking TL x

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2009 2:21:52 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

LD,
Yes and no!

I was expecting neon (screaming neon) and what arrived was a much more ''normal'' colour Tsav. It''s got lovely green and blues and is a great size but there''s a window that I''m not thrilled about and it certainly didn''t have in the photo.

Having said that it''s 2.15ct for $325 and a true Tsav colour (and not too dark) but it just lacks the neon that I was looking for. However what I''ve got is worth the money and more and I''m hoping that once set I can do a Houdini with the window again
2.gif

Thanks for asking TL x
Well, for that price, that''s a great buy on a 2.15 carat tsavorite. Congratulations on your great find!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

Date: 4/28/2009 2:45:17 PM

Date: 4/28/2009 2:21:52 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

LD,
Yes and no!

I was expecting neon (screaming neon) and what arrived was a much more ''normal'' colour Tsav. It''s got lovely green and blues and is a great size but there''s a window that I''m not thrilled about and it certainly didn''t have in the photo.

2.gif

Thanks for asking TL x
Well, for that price, that''s a great buy on a 2.15 carat tsavorite. Congratulations on your great find!
9.gif
Thanks TL. Like you, I do like to find a bargain!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics???
12.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re not going to believe this but I''ve lost my camera! My daughter and I have just been looking for it! I did take piccies when it arrived but didn''t want to post at the same time as Chrono''s gorgeous new Tsav so have put my camera somewhere and now ............. whoops! Will have a hunt later and see if I can find it!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to post pictures. I would not have minded at all if you posted yours at the same time as I did. I'm curious as to what it looks like. I hope you'll find it soon. $325 for a tsavorite over 2 ct is a bargain, especially with a blue undertone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found it - my husband and daughter share the same affliction i.e. looking straight at something and not seeing it! Anyway, here are the photos. I've got to say that these photos don't do it justice at all. The Tsav is much more sparkly than it looks here. I'm not great at taking photos of green gemstones but I hope this gives you an idea. The window (very apparent when not on the hand) does disappear a little on the hand so I think might be ok once set but I'm not sure ........ over to you!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another - can you see the blue?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty LD. What are you going to do with it? Are you going to set it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not TL - only if I get really bored! It''s not great quality, just ok!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Houdini trick will work. The window isn''t noticeable at all on the hand unless you stare hard at it. Thanks for the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results