shape
carat
color
clarity

Rubellite on the way

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just ordered this rubellite from JTV. It was "only" $500 so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. :)

Rubellite 14.9x6.7mm Scissors Cut 4.40ct​

ETA: Do you all think it will be really dark in real life or what?

rubellite.jpg

Last edited:

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
From that picture alone it’s really anyone’s guess. Mine would be that it will look very dark. Are you able to return it if you don’t like it?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
From that picture alone it’s really anyone’s guess. Mine would be that it will look very dark. Are you able to return it if you don’t like it?

Thanks, VividRed. Yes, I can return it. From the other rubellites I've seen online, I'd expect it to cost about three times that much, so I think you may be right. But what the heck, I figured I just might get lucky. :)

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, VividRed. Yes, I can return it. From the other rubellites I've seen online, I'd expect it to cost about three times that much, so I think you may be right. But what the heck, I figured I just might get lucky. :)

Yes, agree, fingers crossed!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good price if the colour is what you like IRL when it arrives, fingers firmly crossed for you.

DK :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the photo looks heavily photoshopped

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell anything from that tiny photo. Do they only provide the two face-up-size dimensions and not depth?

Fingers crossed for you! Spouse loves her rubellite pendant!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I can't tell anything from that tiny photo. Do they only provide the two face-up-size dimensions and not depth?

Fingers crossed for you! Spouse loves her rubellite pendant!

They did list the depth, I think it was 5-6 mm. I thought maybe the shallow depth would make the stone appear less dark but who knows. I'm guessing I'll be returning it, going by its low price compared to their other rubellites. I was just greedy for a bargain lol. Will post a pic when it arrives, either way.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it turns out, but 99 times out of 100 if the price is true good to be true, then it is not true. But what I can tell from the picture which is not much, your stone will be dark and one end is smaller than the other and the center (culet) is off centered.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ordered this rubellite from JTV. It was "only" $500 so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. :)

rubellite.jpg

No matter what happens with this stone, whether you like it or not, JTV has a rock solid return policy from 30 days of purchase. Good luck!

Did JTV list the treatment as irradiated?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
No matter what happens with this stone, whether you like it or not, JTV has a rock solid return policy from 30 days of purchase. Good luck!

I don’t recall reading “irradiated.”

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t recall reading “irradiated.”

It would be under the stone details. It lists treatments. If there aren’t any, it states “none.”

It’s under gemstone details toward the bottom as enhancement. See example.

Attachments

• IMG_9667.jpeg
    IMG_9667.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 10

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It would be under the stone details. It lists treatments. If there aren’t any, it states “none.”

It’s under stone details toward the bottom. See example.

Okay, it says “no treatment.”

Also, fwiw, the depth is 5mm.

Reactions: T L

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock

Irradiation is not detectable in Tourmaline & most stones. Only way to know is to be there when and if it was irradiated.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

rubellite.jpg

has it arrived yet ?
what's it like?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It was supposed to be delivered today. I’m so mad! :evil:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It's here and it's dark. It has wine colored flashes sometimes and other times, red.

rube3.jpg rube1.jpg

Upside down
rube2.jpg

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm… Do you like it?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well. It is what it is. If it doesn’t make your heart flutter, it has no place in your life. Better free up the funds and put them towards a stone that makes you happy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was worth a look, sorry it didn’t pan out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh bummer I'm sorry it didn't work out! But rubellites are plentiful so you'll find a beautiful one!

Off topic: Your nails are amazing!!!!!!! Love that colour!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh bummer I'm sorry it didn't work out! But rubellites are plentiful so you'll find a beautiful one!

Off topic: Your nails are amazing!!!!!!! Love that colour!

Thank you. It is Sally Hansen Insta Dri, "The Future is Fuschia." I have to get out of the old habit of shaking bottles of nail polish before using. They usually don't need it these days and I think that's why I get tiny bubbles of polish on my nails.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results