shape
carat
color
clarity

Rubellite in LOGR - yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Charmypoo... I am so sorry about your misfortune to lose your stones. Sending you some good Karma that it never happens again!!

I can't wait to see pics of that gorgeous stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 1:05:19 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Here is the one I won. I didn''t have a chance to take my own photos yet.
Please post photos because I think that''s a very beautiful stone. I''m so sorry for your stone losses. Use a flashlight to try to find the other stone. I hear that helps because the flashlight picks up sparkle.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 11:45:28 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 12/7/2008 10:38:44 AM

Author: cushioncutnut

I have been watching his listings too. I almost bid on a beautiful unheated cushion cut aqua....but I have been so pyranoid with the mail lately. (seeing that your stone may have been lost!)
14.gif
I sent some earrings to a buyer in Canada....and the earrings were stolen out of the package. So upsetting to say the least. On top of that, the Canadian Post is on strike........so it may take a long time to get my claim!
8.gif

I also bid on a rainbow moonstone and a blue moonstone from thaigemhouse over a month ago. I have not received them either. The seller said they had been shipped although I had to go to them and ask if they had been shipped and for the tracking number. They have been responsive to my emails.......they said I will receive a full refund if I don''t receive them within a few days...........
5.gif

You mean the cushion cut aqua that was around 2.7 carats. It''s the one in the above pic. It''s too light for my taste, but I love the cutting (reminds me of a snowflake) so I decided to keep it. I was drooling so much at everyone''s recent aqua purchases, I decided to get a couple. I think it will look darker in a setting if I decide to set it. It was much darker in his photo and he told me it was medium blue, but I beg to differ (more like a light blue if you ask me).

Sorry about your purchases that are taking too long to get here. I have a feeling I''ll never get my orange tourmaline because the dealer said there were issues at the Thai airport.
14.gif
I suspect that''s their way of getting out of a purchase when the price is too low.

Would you mind sharing the name of that Thai seller? I am missing a package too, with two stones from a Thai seller, and he said there were airport problems. Wonder if it''s the same guy.
38.gif
14.gif
38.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, thaigemstore. I''ve gotten duds and nice things from him, it takes patience to sift through all his merchandise.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
TL-I just wanted to say that I love that combo, it is bright-but really makes the stone POP :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I''m madly in love with the Rhapsody ring by Knoxjewelers, I was thinking of getting the 6.5 mm version of this setting for my tourmaline. I fell instantaneously in love the first time I saw a modified version of this setting for the giant snowflake white topaz. Do you think this would look great with my tourmaline or what? It''s such a gorgeous color, it reminds me of a really nice ruby. I don''t think anyone would think this stone was a tourmaline on first inspection, it really reminds me of a ruby, and I think it deserves a nice setting. I can always reuse the setting if I ever get the colored diamond of my dreams.

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?rn=1575&action=show_detail

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh, I decided to cave in and spend the money to upgrade his diamonds and get this split shank LOGR that I've been wanting for a long time. I simply do not trust his diamond quality since it can be random who gets "lemons." The diamonds came out beautiful, so I was glad although it wasn't a cheapy setting. How does the stone look in here? Better? The blackness is not extinction, it's just the dark color of the box peeping through the stone.

Roundlogrhalowithrubellite.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a closeup of the diamond mellee. I told him that I expected true VS diamonds and they should sparkle!! I didn't do yellow gold because I thought it would be a bigger contrast and give the stone more "pop" to have it in white. Opinions on that?

closeupdiamondsrubellite.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 2:12:21 PM
Since I''m madly in love with the Rhapsody ring by Knoxjewelers, I was thinking of getting the 6.5 mm version of this setting for my tourmaline. I fell instantaneously in love the first time I saw a modified version of this setting for the giant snowflake white topaz. Do you think this would look great with my tourmaline or what? It''s such a gorgeous color, it reminds me of a really nice ruby. I don''t think anyone would think this stone was a tourmaline on first inspection, it really reminds me of a ruby, and I think it deserves a nice setting. I can always reuse the setting if I ever get the colored diamond of my dreams.

TL, what a gorgeous rubellite - I love the color. I think it would look divine in this setting.

Charmy, your stone is lovely too.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring. It really came out great and the miligran looks absolutely fabulous. I do think the white gold does well to make the rubellite garnet "POP". Do you notice the difference in the settings from your other LOGR?

BTW, did you ever get your order from Thaigemstore??

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - that''s a winner! It looks lovely in the white gold too.

I love the colour of your Rubellite - don''t you just hate it when people sell Rubellite with brown tones? Yuck! Much prefer the purple/pink that stays that way!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 1:06:17 AM
Author: mochi
Nice ring. It really came out great and the miligran looks absolutely fabulous. I do think the white gold does well to make the rubellite garnet ''POP''. Do you notice the difference in the settings from your other LOGR?

BTW, did you ever get your order from Thaigemstore??
Mochi,
This setting has the nicest diamonds of all my settings. I did tell him it was for an important stone and they better sparkle. As for the workmanship of the gold itself, it''s the same as my other settings. There''s the "lumpy" factor, but that can be polished away.

Yes, I did get my orange tourmaline from Thaigemstore. I didn''t post pics because I didn''t think people would be interested enough. It''s a lovely and unusual color, but as I suspected, the window is huge.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 8:19:47 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
TL - that's a winner! It looks lovely in the white gold too.

I love the colour of your Rubellite - don't you just hate it when people sell Rubellite with brown tones? Yuck! Much prefer the purple/pink that stays that way!
LD,
Thank you so much. I asked the cutter if he had anymore of this rough, and he said it's very rare and hard to come by. No matter what kind of lighting you're in, it stays "stop light red." I'm in the process of getting a 1.3 carat Burmese spinel this color (my first spinel puchase!! - yay). I just love this neon ruby red color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 1:02:00 AM
Author: marcyc

Date: 12/10/2008 2:12:21 PM
Since I'm madly in love with the Rhapsody ring by Knoxjewelers, I was thinking of getting the 6.5 mm version of this setting for my tourmaline. I fell instantaneously in love the first time I saw a modified version of this setting for the giant snowflake white topaz. Do you think this would look great with my tourmaline or what? It's such a gorgeous color, it reminds me of a really nice ruby. I don't think anyone would think this stone was a tourmaline on first inspection, it really reminds me of a ruby, and I think it deserves a nice setting. I can always reuse the setting if I ever get the colored diamond of my dreams.

TL, what a gorgeous rubellite - I love the color. I think it would look divine in this setting.

Charmy, your stone is lovely too.
Thanks Marcyc. I would love to see Charmy's stone as well. She's been missing in action from the forum lately. I miss her.
emsad.gif

In the end, I decided not to go with the knoxjewelers setting because I rather use the $$ to buy gemstones. That's just me. Some people are more into the settings, and some people are more into the gemstones. If you're really lucky, you can be picky about both!!

I might get that setting one day if I ever get the diamond of my dreams. It's a gorgeous setting.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, I''m wearing my split shank LOGR with my OEC in it in honour of your new setting today! I think the Rube looks PERFECT in that setting, and I''m glad you''re happy with the quality of your diamonds!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
I always upgrade the diamonds. There's only one setting where I haven't, the legacy, and I can spot a few cloudy ones. I guess I don't like surprises, and I want to make sure they're always nice. Thank you for the kind words on my stone and setting. Your OEC is TDF in that setting. You must get a myriad of compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results