shape
carat
color
clarity

Rubellite - help me find a 10x8, please.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I believe I would like to create a men's everyday wear ring with about a 10x8 rubellite tourmaline. If you see one, or come across a pretty one for sale, please let me know.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the sweetspot for a man's ring, set E/W, imo.

There are tons but most are pinkish and that may or may not be what you're after. They are generally imperceptibly treated and, again, that may or may not be what you are after. They are softer but 10X more affordable than spinel or corundum -- if it's a dominant-hand ring and you use your hands for anything more than keyboarding, it will get banged up.

EKA Gems in HK has many. I got an inexpensive one and ended up not setting it -- not saturated/vivid enough. This is one of the many IG vendors whose every cell-phone video is to die for. Local jeweler has a hundred-year-old one that is crazy-vivid with a price to match. It has been in his case unsold for close to a decade. I visit it every year or two.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
So those pretty stones we see on Instagram aren't really that pretty in person?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the offerings from this eBay seller:

20200926_040144.jpg

There are a number of Rubellites on sale, as well as pink Tourmalines.

They also stock CSs cut by the likes of Dan Stairs from time to time.

I have purchased from this seller myself, a green Tourmaline cut by Dan. Apart from shipping being on the high side, it was fine, and the photos were good representations of the gem IRL.

DK :))

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
EKA Gems in HK has many. I got an inexpensive one and ended up not setting it -- not saturated/vivid enough. This is one of the many IG vendors whose every cell-phone video is to die for. Local jeweler has a hundred-year-old one that is crazy-vivid with a price to match. It has been in his case unsold for close to a decade. I visit it every year or two.

I am surprised that you would "fall" for the EKA images,.. :devil:

Borrowing this from @Garry H (Cut Nut) :lol-2:

LINK

1601096185929.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am surprised that you would "fall" for the EKA images,..

Me, too! I learn my lessons the hard way. It was my first IG purchase.

It was a low-cost "test purchase." I was not really looking for a rubellite (and it's a modest-sized one) but it was an image-integrity check. Attractive enough stone in the hand and my spouse may yet use it for something -- but it's nothing like the images.

I know there are some high-integrity IG vendors out there.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure of your budget, but this Gemfix Rubellite may be worth checking out .. though at 11x9mm it is larger than your preference:

https://gemfix.com/gems/tourmaline-rp-1099-modified-oval-brilliant-cut-3-50cts

1601131666136.png

I also wonder about this Rubellite cabochon (which could be easily removed from the ring prong setting) on Rubylane. From the photos it looks like there may be either a surface scratch or internal feather but nothing noted in description. To me it is a beautiful Rubellite though at 8.5 x 7mm it is smaller than your preference ... it might be worth contacting the vendor to ask about blemishes/inclusions.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/13377...e-Pink-Tourmaline-Diamond?search=1&t=8dcba2b1

1601134086530.png

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

or you might want something more fun

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Not Rubellite, but a raspberry Rhodolite from Jeff White in the gem drop today. Perfect size and I love the color (&the price!).
20200929_190140.jpg

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Not Rubellite, but a raspberry Rhodolite from Jeff White in the gem drop today. Perfect size and I love the color (&the price!).
20200929_190140.jpg

I saw that and it is indeed beautiful. I prefer rectangular or square shaped gems, though. I asked him if he had any more of that rough, but haven't heard back yet.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Check out the offerings from this eBay seller:

20200926_040144.jpg

There are a number of Rubellites on sale, as well as pink Tourmalines.

They also stock CSs cut by the likes of Dan Stairs from time to time.

I have purchased from this seller myself, a green Tourmaline cut by Dan. Apart from shipping being on the high side, it was fine, and the photos were good representations of the gem IRL.

DK :))

I cannot find that seller. Can you maybe provide me a direct link to an item they have for sale, please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results