shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Wedding

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was the first royal wedding I've seen where the sun was shining and it was beautiful. Her dress surprised me; I didn't expect frill and ruffles but I did expect more embellishment. Interesting idea to have the veil long and the train short - I'm sure it is much less weight that way - but I felt my own head being jerked back every time they adjusted it. I'm sure that's just me - dresses and veils have a way of being difficult. My train was not super long and my veil was short but I was glad to be able to get the train bustled after the ceremony.

I thought they looked very much in love and I wish them all things bright and beautiful. I think things have come a long way since Diana was wed and I hope it allows these young women to live a life that they can be somewhat comfortable in. I think Diana would be oh so proud of her two boys and yet her absence was just so hurtful for me. I know those guys miss their mother too but they both seem to have chosen partners that they love and cherish so I hope they have their brides for the whole of their lives.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not hear it, but a newspaper account said that when he said "I will" the crowd outside cheered. That made people inside the church laugh.

Deb :wavey:
Ahhh, that makes much sense now. Thankies Deb!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the second dress, and it's exactly what I would expect. I had to look up the Aquamarine. I had never heard of it before. And seeing how I lurve them.... My oh my, just beautiful. :love: The ring AND Diana!

b5005459e03486e8f986377d7bef6414--princes-diana-princess-of-wales.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the menu.

4C6EA1CF00000578-5748403-Menu_revealed_Guests_will_dine_on_Scottish_Langoustines_grilled_-a-150_1526750361715.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the menu.

4C6EA1CF00000578-5748403-Menu_revealed_Guests_will_dine_on_Scottish_Langoustines_grilled_-a-150_1526750361715.jpg
:lickout: I could eat almost any of that, surprisingly. I thought it would be a lot of things I had not heard of or wouldn't like.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: I could eat almost any of that, surprisingly. I thought it would be a lot of things I had not heard of or wouldn't like.

I would too, it's a lovely menu.:love:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you get that, are you secretly a guest at the wedding?:mrgreen2:

Lol, no, it's published in a UK online news site.

I had another engagement to attend today.....hehe!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I taped it on three channels and got up about 6 am pacific to watch. I loved every single moment of it! I will watch all the shows relating to it. I didn’t notice her dress didn’t fit quite right until you all mentioned it, but you are right! I was a little surprised that there was not a single bit of adornment on it. It was very plain but seems to fit her style.

I do think she truly is head over heels in love with him, and he with her. I loved the clip that was taken of him telling her she looks amazing. It seemed to be everything that anyone could want for a wedding day.

I hope they stay madly in love for the rest of their days.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a die-hard romantic at heart and love nearly all weddings.

I was not able to watch it live, and have since watched and enjoyed the highlights.

Wishing the happy couple much happiness for years to come.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Meghan looked lovely. Have to agree that the dress could have been a slight more tailored to fit and would have loved to see something
around her waist. Loved the tiara she wore. I didnt think you could see Kate's unless maybe you were up close. Too small in my opinion.
All and all, they looked lovely and it was a beautiful wedding. :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 Fergie was married to Andrew. Edward is married to Sophie, and they were there with their 2 children, Louise and James.=)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 Fergie was married to Andrew. Edward is married to Sophie, and they were there with their 2 children, Louise and James.=)2

Oh my, I didn't realize I typed Edward instead of Andrew! :lol:Of course I meant Andrew! I do know who they all are and to whom they are married!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any further pictures of Kate Middleton’s right hand ring? It looked like a large yellow diamond or sapphire. I could get glimpses of it when she was tending to her daughter outside the chapel.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any further pictures of Kate Middleton’s right hand ring?

Couldn't find any but got this shot of her arriving to the wedding. Looks as though the earrings and ring were a set?

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 5.03.04 PM.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone else wonder why the congregation laughed when Harry said "I do", and then again, though not quite as much when she did? Is it an inside joke or what?
I assumed it was because he rushed and said "I do" before the Minister had finished speaking whereas if you listen for her vows she actually waits for him to finish.

The media is reporting Harry gave his new bride the Aquamarine ring that belong to his mother as his wedding gift to her - if so what a lovely gesture.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so wonderful to see Meghan in Diana's aquamarine ring! Diana got it made as a present to herself after her divorce. It's big, bright, and modern - perfect choice for a modern bride like Meghan. I love its clean, simple lines - very much Meghan's style, unlike the more traditional-style pieces that Kate seems to prefer. And the bright sea-blue looks amazing against Meghan's dark hair and eyes. I hope she wears it often!

It's nice that there are two women and Charlotte coming up the ranks to wear Diana's jewelry. After all, there's not much point in having it sitting tucked away in darkness!

There's a bracelet that matches the ring. It has a huge aqua like the ring, and many strings of pearls attached, like a choker for the wrist. Surely Harry has to give Meghan the bracelet, too! Although they weren't bought as a pair - Diana had the bracelet long before she had the ring - she did buy the ring to match it, so they're a set, really.

Can't wait to see what other royal jewels Meghan will wear!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did anyone else wonder why the congregation laughed when Harry said "I do", and then again, though not quite as much when she did? Is it an inside joke or what?

They were reacting to the huge cheers and applause they could hear from outside!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb1 and Kristin, thank you for answering my question. As Deb pointed out earlier in the thread, it was indeed due to the crowd reacting to the vows! :))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will we get to see any photos from last night? Lorelei, do you know?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ellen, Here’s a photo of the happy couple leaving for their evening reception. Sorry it’s a bit blurry.
They look so beautiful- both of them. :love:

6134B08C-3ECD-4BB0-B7A5-B86E805690BF.jpeg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dying to know where the Duchess of Cambridge got her new citrine cocktail ring...It's so unusual for her to wear a right-hand ring. I get very excited every time she gets a new piece of jewelry - tragic, I know! Her earrings were Kiki, but the ring doesn't look like Kiki...

Meghan with an enormous sky-blue cocktail ring, Kate with an enormous citrine cocktail ring...The good times are coming, folks! I look forward to seeing the royal ladies decked out together in many more amazing jewels!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results