shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight, The Queen and Crown Prince hosted a return event at the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin.
The Queen wore another jewel with German origins - the Baden Palmette tiara. She also wore the Oranje riviere and antique diamond drop earrings and bow brooch.
Not a great pic, but please take a look at the giant solitaire on her right hand!
gettyimages-1236502572-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1236501846-2048x2048~2.jpg

The side view is very queenly

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Tonight, The Queen and Crown Prince hosted a return event at the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin.
The Queen wore another jewel with German origins - the Baden Palmette tiara. She also wore the Oranje riviere and antique diamond drop earrings and bow brooch.
Not a great pic, but please take a look at the giant solitaire on her right hand!
gettyimages-1236502572-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1236501846-2048x2048~2.jpg

Pfft, what solitaire? I'm still down here looking for that dropped pearl from earlier :lol:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
We have a new member to count in the jewellery loving (royal) family (of the Netherlands)! Princess Catharina-Amalia, who turns 18 next month, has shared a fun story and picture of trying on the family jewels in a new book celebrating the milestone. The pic was likely taken as Maxima was deciding on her outfit for the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg in Nov. 2012.

"Yea! I love tiaras. Show me a tiara, and I’ll know where it came from. I can recognize all the tiaras in Europe. I used to put them on from my mother. Then there would be one on her make-up table and I would have it directly on my head. I loved my mother’s jewelry anyway. Ever since I was very little. She would be preparing for an important dinner and she would call around the house, ‘Amalia, where’s that ring?"

1637073067153.png

In the book the Princess also reveals that she has received two rings from Queen Beatrix - the first one was a 10th birthday present set with blue and white stones from Queen Wilhelmina (sapphires and diamonds?), which she doesn't wear for fear of losing it. The second, a 15th b'day present, is much simpler- an eternity band in aquamarines and diamonds.

1637073130522.png

I think we can definitely add the young princess to the PS family. After all, I was about the same age when I joined!

*Pics and quote: lilibetshandbag.blog and ModeKoninginMaxima

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
We have a new member to count in the jewellery loving (royal) family (of the Netherlands)! Princess Catharina-Amalia, who turns 18 next month, has shared a fun story and picture of trying on the family jewels in a new book celebrating the milestone. The pic was likely taken as Maxima was deciding on her outfit for the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg in Nov. 2012.

"Yea! I love tiaras. Show me a tiara, and I’ll know where it came from. I can recognize all the tiaras in Europe. I used to put them on from my mother. Then there would be one on her make-up table and I would have it directly on my head. I loved my mother’s jewelry anyway. Ever since I was very little. She would be preparing for an important dinner and she would call around the house, ‘Amalia, where’s that ring?"

1637073067153.png

In the book the Princess also reveals that she has received two rings from Queen Beatrix - the first one was a 10th birthday present set with blue and white stones from Queen Wilhelmina (sapphires and diamonds?), which she doesn't wear for fear of losing it. The second, a 15th b'day present, is much simpler- an eternity band in aquamarines and diamonds.

1637073130522.png

I think we can definitely add the young princess to the PS family. After all, I was about the same age when I joined!

The picture with the Mellario Ruby tiara is adorable!!! Reminds me a little of the Cartier Indian Tiara picture where the Duchess is holding it over her daughter's head (except Amalia already seems quite adept at wearing tiaras on her own!).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

1637073067153.png

1637073130522.png

Fantastic news for the future here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In other happy royal jewle news Camilia is accompanying Prince Charles on a visit to Jordan so hope to see something soon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgive me if im mistaken because sometimes its hard to get the actual facts from royal stories from sources that seem to have an agenda
but this is in Jordon possibly the place Jesus was baptised

I think i see a golden kiwi hiding in HRH's neckline 50569437-10209293-The_Prince_of_Wales_and_the_Duchess_of_Cornwall_today_dipped_the-a-1_1637087...jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are welcomed by King Abdullah II, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah and Crown Prince Hussein at the Al Husseiniya Palace in Amman, Jordan, on the first day of their tour of the Middle East 50571739-10209293-image-a-30_1637090501726.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first oversees tour by the BRF since the pandemic began (feels like about 100 years ago)

Bu**er it - one of those files that wont post so i had to do screen shots
Screenshot_20211117-120632.png Screenshot_20211117-120614.png dinner with Queen Rania and Camilla

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me if im mistaken because sometimes its hard to get the actual facts from royal stories from sources that seem to have an agenda
but this is in Jordon possibly the place Jesus was baptised

I think i see a golden kiwi hiding in HRH's neckline 50569437-10209293-The_Prince_of_Wales_and_the_Duchess_of_Cornwall_today_dipped_the-a-1_1637087...jpg

Yes, that's supposed to be the site where Jesus was baptised 2000 years ago - Al-Maghtas. Water from River Jordan is traditionally used in British royal christenings, so the visit had a personal meaning as well (I guess).

1637140171802.png
1637140252175.png

To keep it on topic - Yes, HRH wore the Kiwi necklace and blue agate Alhambra bracelet.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camilla likes her VCA!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On Wednesday evening The King and Queen of Spain hosted a State Banquet for the outgoing Italian President. This is the fist state dinner of this calibre in Madrid since early 2019.

Queen Letizia's long black dress was the best backdrop for the heirloom diamonds and pearls she wore that evening.
The Queen wore the pearl and diamond loop tiara from Queen Maria Cristina and a necklace of large collets. It's assumed that the necklace is the one from the Joyas de Pasar and and a back section is used as bracelet.
1637328339990.png

The brooch used to secure the sash of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic is another jewel from the Joyas de Pasar and was also made for Queen Ena. Enjoy the size of those grey pearls!
1637328476746.png
1637328224962.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Queen Sofia wearing the necklace in its original length. She's only worn it a couple of times - the Crown Princely wedding in Denmark 2004 and a royal gathering in London in the late 19990's.

1637329079850.png

I wish we could see her bracelets better, I wonder if they're a pair? I'm so excited to see everyone wearing important pieces!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Wednesday evening The King and Queen of Spain hosted a State Banquet for the outgoing Italian President. This is the fist state dinner of this calibre in Madrid since early 2019.

Queen Letizia's long black dress was the best backdrop for the heirloom diamonds and pearls she wore that evening.
The Queen wore the pearl and diamond loop tiara from Queen Maria Cristina and a necklace of large collets. It's assumed that the necklace is the one from the Joyas de Pasar and and a back section is used as bracelet.
1637328339990.png

The brooch used to secure the sash of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic is another jewel from the Joyas de Pasar and was also made for Queen Ena. Enjoy the size of those grey pearls!
1637328476746.png
1637328224962.png

Boy, those diamond studs are small!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, the Queen of Spain got it right to par down her earrings, otherwise it would be too much when she has some much bling on her head, around her neck and on her shoulder.

Each to their own and all that.

DK :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I wish we could see her bracelets better, I wonder if they're a pair? I'm so excited to see everyone wearing important pieces!

You nailed it!
They come from the estate of Queen Ena and form part of the Joyas de Pasar - a collection of jewels passed from one Head of the Royal Family to another. The diamonds were taken from her small crown - a wedding present from Alfonso XIII after the family went - and repurposed by BVLGARI in the 1930's.
1637594595186.png
1637594417261.png
1637594683781.png

Personally, I'd love to see them joined together as a choker!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Do I win one? They're amazing. Truly unique in design, I'd be pulling these out all the time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any body see the Queen heading out to the double christening at Windsor ?
Hard to see the Queen in the back of her car but that brooch was flashing all the colours of the rainbow
And of course very nice to see HM out and about for a special family outing
i hope this plays for you

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You nailed it!
They come from the estate of Queen Ena and form part of the Joyas de Pasar - a collection of jewels passed from one Head of the Royal Family to another. The diamonds were taken from her small crown - a wedding present from Alfonso XIII after the family went - and repurposed by BVLGARI in the 1930's.
1637594595186.png
1637594417261.png
1637594683781.png

Now that’s what I call a diamond bracelet For those who don’t play tennis!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
You nailed it!

1637594417261.png

The pearls are pretty spectacular as well. She's definitely blinged up in all that regalia!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's State Visit time for the Spanish royal couple again! This time they headed to Sweden where they're being hosted by King Carl XIV Gustav and Queen Silvia.

The royal couple was welcomed by their hosts in the Royal Mews before heading on a short carriage trip to the Royal Palace where they were joined by the rest of the Bernadottes.
1637767126856.jpeg

Queen Silvia wore one of her favourite brooches for daytime events - a gem-set butterfly and a pair of pearl button earrings with ruby bead drops.
1637767249647.jpeg

Once at the palace and without the coat, we found out that theQueen was wearing another of her treadmark jewels - a two row necklace of large antique pearls with a large clasp. rumour has it that it belonged to the King's mother, who wore it as a sautoir (I've never seen images to prove it). HM also had another jewel hidden under the coat - Queen Josefina's pearl and ruby floral brooch.
1637767702962.png

Queen Letizia wore a modern pair of earrings with an orange/champagne-coloured drop:
1637767798896.png

Tonight the Royal Couple is hosting a State Banquet for their guests and we're bound to see a ton of sparkling tiaras and other goodies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results