shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
William and Catherine are in Scotland this week and William addressed the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland today.

The week was packed with events for both of them and we got a couple of jewellery surprises.

Starting with yesterday (Wednesday) - TRH hosted a drive-in cinema for NHS staff on the grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The Duchess debuted a pair of sapphire and diamond loop earrings given to the Queen by the ruller of Dubai in 1979:
FB_IMG_1622149920779.jpg

Today, at the Assembly, Catherine wore a mid-century set and pendant with a light blue stone:
gettyimages-1320346640-2048x2048~2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
William and Catherine are in Scotland this week and William addressed the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland today.

The week was packed with events for both of them and we got a couple of jewellery surprises.

Starting with yesterday (Wednesday) - TRH hosted a drive-in cinema for NHS staff on the grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The Duchess debuted a pair of sapphire and diamond loop earrings given to the Queen by the ruller of Dubai in 1979:
FB_IMG_1622149920779.jpg

Today, at the Assembly, Catherine wore a mid-century set and pendant with a light blue stone:
gettyimages-1320346640-2048x2048~2.jpg

Now that's the kind of minimalist look i can actually approve of !

Love to see her with a brooch/ pin as I'd hate all the present Queen's beautiful brooches to sit unworn in the future

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the Catherine’s (aqua?)Pendant is a gift from William as it looks very modern and understated. The other jewels look like they are from the royal vault. Not a fan of the pendant but the brooch is darling and a good size for her as she is so petit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the Catherine’s (aqua?)Pendant is a gift from William as it looks very modern and understated. The other jewels look like they are from the royal vault. Not a fan of the pendant but the brooch is darling and a good size for her as she is so petit.

I agree. I like the brooch and she is petite. I cannot see it on the Duchess of Cornwall! But Bobby is right about the pearls. She needs to fill in some of the gaps if she wears skimpy jewelry. Pearls are always stylish.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I

I think its a kiki topaz
I read it on the court jewler last night but i was tired
Wills does seem to buy her lots of Kiki Mcdonough
The earings are from the Queen's ' loopy ' Duabi Saphire suite from 1979
im hoping she has also been lent the necklace

Kate is now 39, its time to move up a gear and wear some bigger bling

Attachments

• 59899613bdbcfa30affa66d5db00fd5b.jpg
    59899613bdbcfa30affa66d5db00fd5b.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I would have liked to see the tanzanite earrings instead of the sapphires. I adore her tanzanites. Nevertheless, it is always exciting to see a new load from HM

I also think the pearls would have been nice, but I suspect the DoC won't do that look for a while. It is so iconic to HM that I don't think Catherine would copy it yet.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not certain if pearls would suit the Duchess of Cambridge personally, not yet.

DK :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I am not certain if pearls would suit the Duchess of Cambridge personally, not yet.

DK :))

The only woman I've seen who was not complemented by a string of pearls is Charlene of Monaco.
Pearls seem to be becoming of Catherine. She has worn some nice earrings over the years.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only woman I've seen who was not complemented by a string of pearls is Charlene of Monaco.
Pearls seem to be becoming of Catherine. She has worn some nice earrings over the years.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, in that I do not believe strand(s) of pearl necklaces would suit her.

Tin cups or pearl pendants are more youthful and may suit her better for the time being.

DK =)2

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've never agreed with the age argument. She's almost 40 and has worn big diamond/gemstone necklaces with great aplomb in the last 10 years, also a rather imposing 4-row pearl choker.
How old should one be for a strand (or two) of pearls, anyway?

PS: I'm not arguing, simply stating an opinion.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I've never agreed with the age argument. She's almost 40 and has worn big diamond/gemstone necklaces with great aplomb in the last 10 years, also a rather imposing 4-row pearl choker.
How old should one be for a strand (or two) of pearls, anyway?

PS: I'm not arguing, simply stating an opinion.

For me, it's not an age issue. I just associate the three strand pearl necklace and earrings as the Queen's "uniform." Catherine isn't the Queen...yet....but she will make a fabulous Queen (technically Queen Consort) one day. I try to avoid the thought of a day when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is no longer the monarch through...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, it's not an age issue. I just associate the three strand pearl necklace and earrings as the Queen's "uniform." Catherine isn't the Queen...yet....but she will make a fabulous Queen (technically Queen Consort) one day. I try to avoid the thought of a day when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is no longer the monarch through...

Me too
i want her to be Queen for ever
But i wanted Prince Philip to always be by her side also

in the late '80's i wore my fake pearl choker all the time - i didnt yet have my eara pierced
Then it just got put away in a drawer (to only come out in private to be worn fleetingly as a tiara ;)2 )
Diana loved the pearl looks but pearls were everywhere in the '80's and on the young and old and all the ladies in between

In the early 2000's i wore a couple of dyed wired FP station necklases for a few years
Then they went into the drawer with the choker
not until i inherited my half of mum's jewlery did i even think about pearls again

Maybe dear Kate (ill start calling her Catherine when she is PoW =)2) just needs time to grow into them too (does her mum wear pearls?)
she certainly looked regal at Prince Philip's funeral in that pearl choker

Perhaps kiki McDonough could design a pearl line :lol: (im only half joking)

I know pearls are trying to make a hip and happening come back but i never see anyone younger than me wearing them with the exception of simple studs

@prince.of.preslav what were the pearls that the Princess of Monaco had that didn't suit her ?
She does her jewlery so minimalisticly i try very hard to love all her pieces just by way of encouragement :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just been googerling Princess Charlene
This is from the red cross Christmas thingy they do
...well it is christmas !
princess-charlene-39-s-bold-golden-necklace-at-christmas-event.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I possibly owe Princess Charlene an apology - she does indeed wear some lovelly jewlery
I guess Im just not a fan of the modern minimalistic princesss style of accsesrizing

A picture of her MIL

gettyimages-138415615.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we know someone else who may have benefited from Princess Grace's wisdom ..... Screenshot_20210602-121235.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's not a great photo
i was wondering what Grace was wearing (jewelry) Screenshot_20210602-121325.png Screenshot_20210602-121353.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't mean to be morbid
What do you think Di is wearing at Grace's funneral ?
Its quite sparkly portrait.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grace with her son Prince Albert with Princess Georgina and Prince Franz-Josef of Liechtenstein at Charles and Diana's wedding 1981
its kind of hard to see jewlery

Attachments

• 67dfbf708efeb2c9f83cddad46ddb7c7.jpg
    67dfbf708efeb2c9f83cddad46ddb7c7.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

You'll note I said ''a string or two of pearls''. The 3-rows are queenly, indeed!
LOL

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
[...]

@prince.of.preslav what were the pearls that the Princess of Monaco had that didn't suit her ?
She does her jewlery so minimalisticly i try very hard to love all her pieces just by way of encouragement :lol:

It was years ago! The pearls were very white, she was wearing a black blazer or something similar. I thought the poor pearls looked forced around her neck! Probably she didn't have the confidence and poise to wear them at the time. Charlene looks better with the pearls in the pics you've shared :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's this one - seed pearls with a diamond heart. Probably a present from Charles when Wills was born.

1622632799913.png

My goodness if she can wear that with the lovers knot as Princess of Wales then there is still time for Kate to wear it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results