clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Came across this today
Looks like a middle eastern gift
I do rather like it.
Would look wonderful on Kate or Sophie Screenshot_20210126-115212.png

This necklace reminds me of the ruby tiara that Alice Keppel (mistress of Edward VII) wore...

1611694902301.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This necklace reminds me of the ruby tiara that Alice Keppel (mistress of Edward VII) wore...

1611694902301.png

Wow !
I serously googled that 10 min ago and thought the same thing. Interesring it has synthetic ruby winch is no slight on Edward vii as everdently they were cutting edge of the day, but i wonder if that's why Camilia hasn't waen it much and because she has other tiara options - but i too would love to see it on someone's head - maybe Tom PB's wife come his step father's coronation

Attachments

• cf60dbd406724cadeff2075d1b2bfb7c.jpg
    cf60dbd406724cadeff2075d1b2bfb7c.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 20

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camilla loves the bling! I think we are going to see a lot of rarely worn pieces in the future as the Queen now seems to wear a few of her favorites.

I hope Charles busts out the vault and lets her play dress up
I also hope Charles forms a jewlery foundation and asks his sister to will their grandmother's Meander to this foundation so it isnt lost in a fire sale to pay death tax
And then he can loan out some sparklers to Sophie and dear Louise in recognition of Sophie's continuing good work over the years

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
LittLe Stuart made her debut this weekend! The High School I teach at did a fabulous production of Les Miserables this weekend (Live Streamed so iti was Covid safe) and I donned my finery!! I watched from the "Royal Box"...my couch!!:D:D

Les Miz.jpg

Attachments

• Les Miz.jpg
    Les Miz.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 10

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camilia wore this brooch of the Queen mum's for an internet thingy last week
Screenshot_20210201-213621.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210201-213630.png
    Screenshot_20210201-213630.png
    397.1 KB · Views: 17

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I hope Charles busts out the vault and lets her play dress up
I also hope Charles forms a jewlery foundation and asks his sister to will their grandmother's Meander to this foundation so it isnt lost in a fire sale to pay death tax
And then he can loan out some sparklers to Sophie and dear Louise in recognition of Sophie's continuing good work over the years

Charles can ask Anne to sell him the tiara with the stipulation that it's available to her for the duration of her lifetime. But, frankly, asking her to deprive her kids of 1) a valuable asset, 2) a personal gift and 3) an heirloom from their great-grandmother would be too rude and tacky.

We know that Charles enjoys family history as much as Queen Mary and Lord Mountbatten, but he'll have plenty of historic jewels for his wife and other female relatives. If he wants to salvage a historic jewel, we can try with the Cambridge sapphires, which have left the vault long ago.

Agreed that the Windsors need a foundation, much like their Danish cousins do.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charles can ask Anne to sell him the tiara with the stipulation that it's available to her for the duration of her lifetime. But, frankly, asking her to deprive her kids of 1) a valuable asset, 2) a personal gift and 3) an heirloom from their great-grandmother would be too rude and tacky.

We know that Charles enjoys family history as much as Queen Mary and Lord Mountbatten, but he'll have plenty of historic jewels for his wife and other female relatives. If he wants to salvage a historic jewel, we can try with the Cambridge sapphires, which have left the vault long ago.

Agreed that the Windsors need a foundation, much like their Danish cousins do.

Your right
Id be happy if he paid Ann a fair price for it, i just don't want it to end up on the suction block one day like a lot of things Princess Margaret inherited

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Your right
Id be happy if he paid Ann a fair price for it, i just don't want it to end up on the suction block one day like a lot of things Princess Margaret inherited

Good to know we're on the same page here :)
Charles can also buy in on the auction block, btw. But we'll understand the price and this topic will go on for years to come.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She read Robert Burns, a Scottish poet, hence the fitting Thistle brooch.
Burns is a favourite of both Charles and Camilla and they've both recited some of his poems in public/online.

I totally forgot
Im from a very scotish city where they take Robbie very seriously and they do the haggis thing. His nephew Thomas was a founding father in-the-octagon-an-eight.jpg
Everdently the Queen mum loved that brooch so much she didn't just wear it in Scotland

Edit. good to see they washed the piegion poo off before taking the picture

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Attachments

• Silvia 1.jpg
    Silvia 1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 11

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
She does indeed have great tiara hair !
How about best up and coming
(Ok i realize no actual tiara)
(Monaco take note) il_570xN.757582768_ng40.jpg

I'm divided between Mary and Victoria. They've both had some great moments in the past, but Mary usually has more volume at the front, vs Victoria's rather severe and sleek hairline at the front.

1612275333080.png
1612275370469.png

1612275386556.png
And my personal winner - 2010 Stockholm
1612275422991.png

PS: No disrespect to Kate Cambridge, she's learning and far behind.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo...best tiara hair? I think I'd have to give that title to Queen Silvia...;)2

We can give Silvia the Lifetime Achievement Award for Best Tiara Hair, but she has seemingly given up or retreated to an effortlessly chick 'do in recent years. The last marvelous hairdos were at Carl-Philip's wedding in 2015 and the Nobels in 2018, IMHO.

See for example here at Astrid Bernadotte's wedding in 2017.
1612277573045.png

and compare to this:
1612278247045.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I'm divided between Mary and Victoria. They've both had some great moments in the past, but Mary usually has more volume at the front, vs Victoria's rather severe and sleek hairline at the front.

[pics deleted]

[pics deleted]

Catherine is not far behind is what I meant to write!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Coin arrived!!!

The crystals are not as blue as I thought they were going to be. I'm still super geeked about it though!

Coin 2.jpg Coin 1.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

1612275333080.png
1612275370469.png

1612275386556.png
1612275422991.png

The Scandinavian countries seem to have a lot more tiara freindly events
I would think of the younger generation (if i can include her in the younger generation compaired to her older SIL) Sophie Wessex has had the most tiara outtings from being the BRF's rep at euro royal weddings

I think they actually send her out of respect to the brides on their big day because if Kate turned up she would pinch a bit of the bride's limelight
As such i do respect and admire Kate for never debuting new outfits when she goes to her freind's weddings

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can we give the award to Scandinavia? All three Queens have had some breathtaking hair moments in the past (and I hope in the future).

Here is Sonja at the Guildhall, London in 2005:
1612274791731.png

That is stunning
I wish we got more views of the back of the head

British state dinners we are lucky to get a shot through a car window of everyone except the most senior royals

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning
I wish we got more views of the back of the head

British state dinners we are lucky to get a shot through a car window of everyone except the most senior royals

British events are usually boring. Nowadays Catherine makes an effort, sometimes Sophie too. But The Queen, Camilla, Birgitta, Anne and the rest are their usual selves + tiara.

You can see the difference here at the same Guildhall banquet:
1612362468082.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results