shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Like even the males? Can you imagine Felipe VI with La Buena or his Belgian namesake in the 9 Provinces LOL

Touche!

I amend my previous post to portraits of Kings with the Queen Consorts in Tiaras!

We have "Homecoming Week" the first week in November. Remember the mums I was telling you about? It's that time of year!

Each day that week we have a theme to dress up as. The first Monday is "Career Day" where you dress up as what you want to be when you grow up. Since I am already an adult with a career, I'm going to go with the other career I wish I could have had.

Royalty.

Time to bust out a ball gown and tiara...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CC02_Reichskrone-Aachen.jpg

That is really an incredible work of art. Thank you for posting the photo, Rad_Fan.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CC02_Reichskrone-Aachen.jpg

This photograph and its accompanying information inspired me to look up Charles V. Here is another website with a précis of his political career which I found very readable and interesting.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camilia accompanying Prince Charles to the bank of England finding out what the bank is doing to support the econony through covid
duchess-camilla-z.jpg camilla-charles-z.jpg
And a recent flash back of the same outfit worn durring their last NZ trip - a different world we were living in back then

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Edward and Sophie waiting Vauxhall city farm
Looks like a pretty bangle or two on her wrist
anyone else thinks Edward is starting to look like the other Prince Edward - his mother's cousin, the Duke of Kent ? sophie-countess-of-wessex-fashion-news-2694689.jpg

That's a lot of jewellery for Sophie. She looks great.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I vividly remember watching the wedding and when she got out of the limo I was shocked, without a doubt I thought that is the ugliest wedding dress ever, the color was wrong, she should have worn white, white.. she was very young and I suppose somebody tried to talk out of this flouncy, blah dress, but youth is for mistakes.

this would have been stunning on her and it is a 1980 wedding dress.

1601997945087.png

Yes, I agree that would have been a more stylish dress, but certainly not as memorable as the one she chose. I saw it at the Diana exhibition that toured a few years ago. The train was insanely long and all of those bows. Her dress was a young girl's fantasy wedding dress.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I think the sun also has not been her freind
Never ever any disrespect towards Princess Diana, but im happy Camilia and Charles are living happily ever after Before-Becoming-Duchess-Camilla-Had-Few-Jobs.jpg
Don't know anything about this picture except i love the pearls

I'm happy they are together too. Diana and Charles were never a good match.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
As alluded to last week, it's Career Day! That means teaching chemistry in a tiara for me!! Being a monarch was my second choice of career...

Attachments

• Career Day.jpg
    Career Day.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 26

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As alluded to last week, it's Career Day! That means teaching chemistry in a tiara for me!! Being a monarch was my second choice of career...

Elegant as always, LadyMaria. Thank you for sharing!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Just to clarify...the person taking the picture was at least six feet away, and once students are present I wear a mask. I am taking inspiration from Queen Mathilde and I have masks to match all my school dresses!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie Wesex at all souls day at Westminster abby
35157184-8906467-image-a-34_1604338410060.jpg

Attachments

• sophie-wessex-westminster-abbey-z.jpg
    sophie-wessex-westminster-abbey-z.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 26

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Max
And i am so sorry, but ive completly lost the story that goes with this picture so i have no idea of the occasion

Attachments

• 19211952-7529753-image-a-44_1570028978437.jpg
    19211952-7529753-image-a-44_1570028978437.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 20

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Queen's cousin Lady Elizabeth Shalerley (nee Anson) has passed away
Not technically a royal although her step father was a Prince of Denmark- but a cousin of the Queen's on the Queen mother's side, a very well connected lady and a freind of HM. She worked as a party planner to royalty lady-elizabeth-anson-a-cousin-to-queen-elizabeth-ii-during-an-interview-GH0W57.jpg
Check out those pearls :lickout:

2562c1bfe7db699c26bad14774f667cd.jpg 1_Lady-Elizabeth-Shakerley-Dies.jpg
00425CCB00000258-3132792-image-m-11_1434827116685.jpg mw245683.jpg

No jewles on this last one so im sneaking it in ;)2

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock

Crown1 - The avatar I chose is actually another ring with Royal connections. (Do we see a theme here?) :) It''s the ering that Princess Diana''s brother, Charles Earl Spencer, gave to his first wife Victoria Lockwood. It was an antique ring that he bought from a dealer in London. There was a trend - either Victorian or Edwardian period - can''t remember which - for "crowned rings" or rings topped with bows. Usually they featured a double heart motif like this one.

I just thought it was a gorgeous ring - a really fine example of it''s type - better even than the ones I''ve seen in the museums in London! It also fit in well with the historical feel/theme that they did for their wedding. The birdesmaids and grooms outfits were copied from a Gainsborough painting that hangs at the Spencer estate of Althorp.

Anyhow - the marriage ended in disaster - as did Earl Spencer''s second marriage as well. I think that ering was about the only thing I like about him!

spencerringsmall.jpg

Thank you for sharing this ring! I absolutely love it and I'm considering it for a reverse pair of tourmaline pears.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen's cousin Lady Elizabeth Shalerley (nee Anson) has passed away
Not technically a royal although her step father was a Prince of Denmark- but a cousin of the Queen's on the Queen mother's side, a very well connected lady and a freind of HM. She worked as a party planner to royalty
lady-elizabeth-anson-a-cousin-to-queen-elizabeth-ii-during-an-interview-GH0W57.jpg
Check out those pearls :lickout:

2562c1bfe7db699c26bad14774f667cd.jpg 1_Lady-Elizabeth-Shakerley-Dies.jpg
00425CCB00000258-3132792-image-m-11_1434827116685.jpg mw245683.jpg

No jewles on this last one so im sneaking it in ;)2

May she rest in peace!
Lady Elizabeth was a lovely lady and was close to a lot of the continental royals, including Denmark, Norway and Luxembourg.
She had inherited a large diamond tiara from her step-father, who in turn inherited it from Princess Viggo. Lady Elizabeth wore the tiara to a lot of royal events, most recently the 80th b'day celebrations for King Harald and Queen Sonja and the Dutch State Visit in the UK.

A sweet picture with Marie Chantal of Greece from 2018:
1604485891574.png

She also had some other nice jewels, like this lovely set of emerald and diamond (?) jewels, worn on the eve of William and Catherine's wedding in 2011:
1604486096590.png

...and matching ring:
1604486137407.png

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely FABULOUS! I love your gown and bling. :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camila in her new portrait as col-in-chief of the riffles regiment -an honorary position she took over from Prince Philip over the summer
Its also the regiment of her late Dad
- she has the Golden kiwi layered look going on again
image (2).jpeg
In the photograph, shot by Chris Jackson, Camilla is seen wearing a brooch that she was given during a meeting at her London residence Clarence House last month.

The jewelry matches the silver Bugle Horn emblem that adorns every member of the regiment’s cap. The Bugle Horn is central to the heritage of the regiment as the instrument was used for its lightweight and sonorous and penetrating sound since the early 1800s to pass orders along the battlefield ranks of the light infantry and Rifle regiments.

It came a day after Camilla led the Royal Family’s tribute to fallen soldiers at the Field of Remembrance in the shadow of Westminster Abbey in London.

Camilla received the honor from Philip, 99, this past summer during a rare public appearance by the now-retired royal. The two senior royals took part in the ceremony miles apart, with Philip at Windsor Castle and Camilla at her country home of Highgrove House.

During the ceremony at Windsor Castle, buglers from the Band and Bugles of the Rifles sounded the "Rifles Assembly" call upon the arrival of Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. Then Assistant Colonel Commandant Major General Tom Copinger-Symes saluted and thanked the duke for his 67 years of support and service to the organization. (The royal had been Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles since its formation in 2007, before that serving as Colonel-in-Chief of successive Regiments which now make up The Rifles since 1953.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
May she rest in peace!
Lady Elizabeth was a lovely lady and was close to a lot of the continental royals, including Denmark, Norway and Luxembourg.
She had inherited a large diamond tiara from her step-father, who in turn inherited it from Princess Viggo. Lady Elizabeth wore the tiara to a lot of royal events, most recently the 80th b'day celebrations for King Harald and Queen Sonja and the Dutch State Visit in the UK.

A sweet picture with Marie Chantal of Greece from 2018:
1604485891574.png

She also had some other nice jewels, like this lovely set of emerald and diamond (?) jewels, worn on the eve of William and Catherine's wedding in 2011:
1604486096590.png

...and matching ring:
1604486137407.png

That must have been some party before Will and Kate's wedding

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents looked like they were about 12 years old on their wedding day (they were 23 and almost 22 )
Its nice with the royals we have easy access to their photos unlike my grandparents when photography would have been too exspensive for the casual snaps that future generations got to enjoy
Im.not quite sure why i can't quote you @MJ_Mac

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HM on the way to the tomb of the unknown warrior the day before lock down

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 24
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results