shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if Camilia is wearing her golden kiwi so much because she can wear it in the shower
I mean in these covid times we all seem to be simplifying our jewlery

Attachments

• camilla-z.jpg
    camilla-z.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22
  • camilla-green-z.jpg
    camilla-green-z.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 24

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bro bought me the special edition of the Canadian Aqua tiara coin.

I have not seen it in person as I shall collect it in person when I go over to visit him and my mum next year. However, I am wondering if it would be too naff to set and wear it as a pendant!

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My bro bought me the special edition of the Canadian Aqua tiara coin.

I have not seen it in person as I shall collect it in person when I go over to visit him and my mum next year. However, I am wondering if it would be too naff to set and wear it as a pendant!

Do it ! :appl:
That would be so cool
I read somewhere coin pendants are back in vogue - not that that should be a factor IMHO

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it ! :appl:
That would be so cool
I read somewhere coin pendants are back in vogue - not that that should be a factor IMHO

It would also mean I would not have to look at that dodgy portrait of HM! :lol-2:

The coin should be a good size as a pendant - I like them big, at least 15mm in diameter due to my chunky neck.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
When i was a little girl i used to ask mum about Princess Marina - i just loved her name - she sounded so glamorous

I remember when I fist read about Marina I wasn't a fan. She seemed aloof and яшсоо, but with time I really warmed up to her. (We also share a birth date.) She could be difficult at times, but really embodied the royal image and seems to have been rather popular with her extended family.

I wonder what your mother told you about her.

1599819180157.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember when I fist read about Marina I wasn't a fan. She seemed aloof and яшсоо, but with time I really warmed up to her. (We also share a birth date.) She could be difficult at times, but really embodied the royal image and seems to have been rather popular with her extended family.

1599819180157.png

I can't remember, ive always been fascinated by the Queen's cousins and Princess Marina was their mother.

Also being of the Greek royal family she would have been quite exotic
172693656_Hulton-Royals-Collection_Princess-Marina_trans++OCXN0e_0o0Rwgm05-yb019EqhAsfGhtN1rGI...jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1599819180157.png

I don't know much about her to be honest.

In photos that I have seen, she did not rather aloof and sneering even, probably due to her crocked smile.

Her SIL Princess Alice appeared to be warmer and more approachable in photos in comparison.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

In photos that I have seen, she did not rather aloof and sneering even, probably due to her crocked smile.

Her SIL Princess Alice appeared to be warmer and more approachable in photos in comparison.

Marina was a young war widow with a new baby, i think then she was always short of money
She seemed to have had such an amazing glamouress life when her husband was alive

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Marina was a young war widow with a new baby, i think then she was always short of money
She seemed to have had such an amazing glamouress life when her husband was alive

She kept a lot of that glamorousness even after Prince George passed away. Indeed, her situation as a royal war widow was not ideal. She had to sell paintings and furniture, some say even jewels (some of her wedding gifts simply disappeared), but she must've been a lot more comfortable than 98% of her fellow widows.
As she was not entitled to a pension and the family estate was in trust for the kids, Princess Marina was often short of cash. Her situation didn't improve until after Queen Mary passed away and left them some money. I've read that after that she even had footmen in the KP apartment. None of tne above ever stop her from keeping up appearances and being every inch the stylish princess she had always been.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

She was indeed :) Interestingly, all three sisters-in-law (excluding Wallis) are among my favourite royal ladies (at least from their generation) and the Birgitte is a firm favourite from the current royal flow.

1599823723397.png

1599824480638.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was indeed :) Interestingly, all three sisters-in-law (excluding Wallis) are among my favourite royal ladies (at least from their generation) and the Birgitte is a firm favourite from the current royal flow.

1599823723397.png

1599824480638.png

That is a very young King Constantine II of Greece!!!

I like Birgette too, as well as Alexandra and Sophie; however, Anne will always be my favourite.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And now for something slightly different - Royal Jewels on film! In particular Queen Mary's diamonds in the Downton Abbey film. Here's a look at the costume director's take on the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, the Coronation necklace (and earrings) and the odd collet necklaces and rows of pearls.

Now, while I appreciate that the film depicts Queen Mary (and the future Princess Royal) in jewels she (they) actually owned and wore, I can't help but note that she was not a fan of pendant earrings and that the scale of the Girls is slightly off. Indeed, this tiara is one of more difficult to reproduce and most replicas online do no justice to the delicate tiara. As for the earrings, this isn't the first time Queen Mary is shown in pendant earrings. At least these are not as dangly as the ones from The King's Speach...
King_George_V_and_Queen_Mary._Downton_Abbey.jpg

For another scene "Queen Mary" wears the Vladimir tiara with the Cambridge Emeralds, including necklace, scroll brooch, bracelet and earrings. I must say this a great replica of the parure. Much better than the one in The Crown!

I saw the Downton Abbey movie five times in theaters. I wore a tiara twice, and the necklace from my avatar three times. Yes, I have an addiction.

I agree that the replicas were better than The Crown overall!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rad_Fan I believe the stones in the Gloucester's parure are Turquoise and not Paraiba Tourmaline.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday, Grand Duchess Adelaide's tiara was worn by another bride!
Archduchesse Gabriella of Austria wore it for her wedding to Prince Henri de Bourbon-Parma, who is also her second cousin. Both are descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix de Bourbon-Parma.
(pic rtl.lu)

1540238966cab950a6662ddf4807b4af.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Archduchesse Gabriella of Austria wore it for her wedding to Prince Henri de Bourbon-Parma, who is also her second cousin. Both are descendants of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix de Bourbon-Parma.
(pic rtl.lu)

:kiss2:, more pls!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
(pic rtl.lu)

More pictures from the wedding courtesy of royalsofluxembourg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results