shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Here you go!

This is mine from 15 years ago. Today they are at least 3 times this big (usually with a cluster of 3 mums a the top). The more streamers and ribbons the better!
mum.jpg

Thanks for posting. Wonderful that you still have yours. Not to be worn around playful kitties :lol:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Opening the new Wikifin Lab

mathilde-in-natan-blue-shirt-dress-3.jpg opening of the new Wikifin Lab.jpg

Queen Mathilde has been my mask inspiration. I made a mask to go match every single one of my school dresses. Students have noticed that I haven't repeated a mask yet!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Medical Detection Dogs training center

Medical Detection Dogs training center.jpg

This is a,great idea - the covid detecting dogs plus Camilia's face sheild !

She must really love that Jens Hansen golden kiwi necklass
I hope she keeps wearing it far into the future

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
This is a,great idea - the covid detecting dogs plus Camilia's face sheild !

She must really love that Jens Hansen golden kiwi necklass
I hope she keeps wearing it far into the future

I noticed the Kiwi necklace too. It’s definitely one of her favourites. It is quite lovely and very versatile.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
And afordable for the ordinary consumer :appl:

Thankfully :razz: Have you got yours yet? Apologies if I am imagining things, but I think I recall that you wanted to get one for yourself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those shells are way too big for my taste but they are just right for Max.

I do not like them or many of the other large, plastic earrings she wears. In fact I often hate what she wears and it annoys me that I am expected to gush over ridiculous looking outfits and jewelry. I think she dresses in very bad taste and it is only tolerated because of her rank.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I do not like them or many of the other large, plastic earrings she wears. In fact I often hate what she wears and it annoys me that I am expected to gush over ridiculous looking outfits and jewelry. I think she dresses in very bad taste and it is only tolerated because of her rank.

Fair enough. I personally wouldn’t wear what she wears - although I could say the same thing about some of that ‘traditional’ gem heavy royal jewelry that is brought out for special occasions as well. I just love seeing the gems. I am personally not particularly into jewelry or clothing on me that is over the top, but it does work on some people. I have a friend who wears over the top jewelry and it really suits her, whereas if I looked at the pieces that she wears on their own I would say they were ugly and cheap. I suspect if I knew Max personally, I would most likely think those pieces were perfect for her personality. I don’t think any of us are expected to gush though if we don’t like something. I reckon we could start a side thread, ‘Which Royal are you most like?’ based on your jewelry.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Are we sure this is Sverre Magnus' confirmation? I thought that happened at age 15? He's not 15 yet?

Unless you mean that time flies faster than we'd like, yes. He'll be 15 this December.
2020 Riksdag session

2020 Riksdag session.jpg king-ad-queen-9.jpg king-ad-queen-10.jpg

The cut of the jacket really reminds me of the white flap/lapel of the old court dress, which was replaced by the current B/W dress code by Queen Silvia.
The pearls are spot on. I've missed the Scandi glitter in the last few months!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
National Music Table Day

32963058-8713949-Maxima_still_sporting_a_tan_from_her_recent_Greek_holiday_looked-a-11_1599662...jpg queen-maxima-in-natan-dress-7.jpg the national Music Table Day.jpg

Fulco Di Verdura, Suzanne Belperron and David Webb all designed beautiful shell earrings back in the day. These can't compete with them. It almost looks as if there's something wrong with Her Majesty's ears. :(

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And now for something slightly different - Royal Jewels on film! In particular Queen Mary's diamonds in the Downton Abbey film. Here's a look at the costume director's take on the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, the Coronation necklace (and earrings) and the odd collet necklaces and rows of pearls.

Now, while I appreciate that the film depicts Queen Mary (and the future Princess Royal) in jewels she (they) actually owned and wore, I can't help but note that she was not a fan of pendant earrings and that the scale of the Girls is slightly off. Indeed, this tiara is one of more difficult to reproduce and most replicas online do no justice to the delicate tiara. As for the earrings, this isn't the first time Queen Mary is shown in pendant earrings. At least these are not as dangly as the ones from The King's Speach...
King_George_V_and_Queen_Mary._Downton_Abbey.jpg

For another scene "Queen Mary" wears the Vladimir tiara with the Cambridge Emeralds, including necklace, scroll brooch, bracelet and earrings. I must say this a great replica of the parure. Much better than the one in The Crown!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Fulco Di Verdura, Suzanne Belperron and David Webb all designed beautiful shell earrings back in the day. These can't compete with them. It almost looks as if there's something wrong with Her Majesty's ears. :(

I read that they are from Prada, not sure.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

They remind me of bathroom decor items. But that’s Max. She likes to push the envelope.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fair enough. I personally wouldn’t wear what she wears - although I could say the same thing about some of that ‘traditional’ gem heavy royal jewelry that is brought out for special occasions as well. I just love seeing the gems. I am personally not particularly into jewelry or clothing on me that is over the top, but it does work on some people. I have a friend who wears over the top jewelry and it really suits her, whereas if I looked at the pieces that she wears on their own I would say they were ugly and cheap. I suspect if I knew Max personally, I would most likely think those pieces were perfect for her personality. I don’t think any of us are expected to gush though if we don’t like something. I reckon we could start a side thread, ‘Which Royal are you most like?’ based on your jewelry.

Who wants to be Sophie Wessex :lol-2:
(Sorry that was a bit mean - i think Sophie is great but she needs a better jewel box

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Who wants to be Sophie Wessex :lol-2:
(Sorry that was a bit mean - i think Sophie is great but she needs a better jewel box

Yes. I think I might be Taswegian Mary or possibly Kate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results