shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for reminding us of the pictures. I love this tiara and the hairdo worked really well with it. The sapphire choker and earrings from Princess Charlotte are also very beautiful.The lingerie dress not so much...

Would love to see her ring too. No luck on finding more about it. I believe those were taken at Mary's wedding?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The wedding also provided a rare sight of Infanta Betriz's aquamarines. The earrings and brooch as well as the stones in the tiara had belonged to the Infanta's mother, Queen Ena of Spain.

At the wedding they were worn by her daughter Olimpia Weiller, herself the mother of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg:
1596012716110.png

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for reminding us of the pictures. I love this tiara and the hairdo worked really well with it. The sapphire choker and earrings from Princess Charlotte are also very beautiful.The lingerie dress not so much...

Spot on, @prince.of.preslav , as always !

ETA:

I have that exact same nightgown and robe combo!!
Blue silk, black lace, cache coeur

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I wish it was Chanel :lol:

It's Ines de la Fressange, so maybe close enough???

Just kidding... I'd do it though, if someone lent me that stunner of a tiara!!!!

I can lend a tiara! Rhinestones, but good quality. Please find a wedding to go to and post pics.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

HUGE! Perhaps it's made of tanzanites? It's too big for my taste. :mrgreen:

The wedding also provided a rare sight of Infanta Betriz's aquamarines. The earrings and brooch as well as the stones in the tiara had belonged to the Infanta's mother, Queen Ena of Spain.

1596012716110.png

:love: I am starting to understand the the allure of nice and big aquamarine.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the Princess Royal's 70th birthday soon, on 15 August 2020 I believe.

I like her, the queen we never had.

DK :))

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
That would be an interesting issue for sure, as Anne is a farmer and country girl herself.

By they way, they released a formal portrait for her 60th , wonder if they'll do the same this year.

I was surprised to see such red lipstick on her.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Gosh I didn’t even look at the dress but now that you have brought it to my attention I agree. I think it is inappropriate for the occasion.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
HUGE! Perhaps it's made of tanzanites? It's too big for my taste. :mrgreen:

:love: I am starting to understand the the allure of nice and big aquamarine.

I was thinking tanzanites as well. Not to my taste either. Just as well no one is trying to give it to me :lol:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still have a few of those style dresses in the back of my wardrobe
probably just as well i don't fit them right now but the look was quite glamouress back in the day
Like everything it will come back in
I remember my mother tutt tutting about them long before i wore them
a5d066766b5ca1cdd8e297270a6b79f3.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
On a less controversial note
5 years after the fact but i discovered this pendant only today Screenshot_20200729-115133.png gifted to Camilia from the city of Nelson
And i googled
And once all this covid bussiness is out of the way i will totally be able to afford one - and it comes with an 18 inch rolo chain
GettyImages-1227733668-920x605.jpg
My budget will probably only stretch to the 9 k.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200731-183629.png
    Screenshot_20200731-183629.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 23

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, and his wife count as royal but I just spotted this Dragonfly tiara by Chaumet. Love her necklace, everything about it.

Camilla Crociani.jpg Dragonfly tiara by Chaumet.jpg

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, and his wife count as royal but I just spotted this Dragonfly tiara by Chaumet. Love her necklace, everything about it.

I am a former history student and your description of Prince Carlo (hitherto unknown to me) sent me researching. All I can say is that whether his claim to the title is strong or not, if he ended up with that lovely jewelry he has something! His story reminds me a little of Bonnie Prince Charlie and those who wanted to have Charles III in England. It isnt exactly analagous, but you have the warring branches. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a less controversial note
5 years after the fact but i discovered this pendant only today Screenshot_20200729-115133.png gifted to Camilia from the city of Nelson
And i googled
And once all this covid bussiness is out of the way i will totally be able to afford one - and it comes with an 18 inch rolo chain
GettyImages-1227733668-920x605.jpg
My budget will probably only stretch to the 9 k.

I finally understand this post. I must have read it a few times before I did. You are planning to buy the same necklace which the city of Nelson in New Zealand gave The Duchess of Cornwall (presumably when she visited it). It is very pretty. You are getting yours in 9 carat gold. We will never know in what carat gold the necklace given to the Duchess was made unless someone writes it up. (I remember the young Princess of Wales turning over a silver dish to see if it was stamped "sterling" on the bottom. She was very innocent when she was first married.)

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have a few of those style dresses in the back of my wardrobe
probably just as well i don't fit them right now but the look was quite glamouress back in the day
Like everything it will come back in
I remember my mother tutt tutting about them long before i wore them
a5d066766b5ca1cdd8e297270a6b79f3.jpg

I may have been used to this look once, but it looks very odd to me now. It really does look like a nightgown.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally understand this post. I must have read it a few times before I did. You are planning to buy the same necklace which the city of Nelson in New Zealand gave The Duchess of Cornwall (presumably when she visited it). It is very pretty. You are getting yours in 9 carat gold. We will never know in what carat gold the necklace given to the Duchess was made unless someone writes it up. (I remember the young Princess of Wales turning over a silver dish to see if it was stamped "sterling" on the bottom. She was very innocent when she was first married.)

Deb :wavey:

:mrgreen2::lol-2::mrgreen2:
I got a little overexcitted !
Its worse in person because im a mumbler :mrgreen2:
I would hope they gave Camilia the 18 carat
If she's going down the layered jewley route I'd hate out golden kiwi gift to be responsible for scratching something royal !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may have been used to this look once, but it looks very odd to me now. It really does look like a nightgown.

I think they always looked like nighties :mrgreen2:
I remember my older cousins going to the school fornal (prom) and mum saying their dresses were like nighties and they were 7 or 8 years older than me so very early 80s,
my fornal dress had a ra ra skirt - and was made of this fabric called crushed ice
lucky because that was the time it was fashionable for it to look like the hem of your dress was tucked into your knickers, but it was a colourful time
my sister 5 years latter was all black and nobody had worn black in 1988

It must have been getting into the 90s when Diana had the nightie dress
she just always looked so glamouress
Unfortnatly i never really had the figer for them
Plus i wear PJs :mrgreen2:

Edit - i think its the lace on her neckline that makes it look even more like a nightie. I remember mum having nighties like that

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results