shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Jetsun Pema and Prince Jigme are pictured in December at Bhutan's national day

Queen Jetsun Pema and Prince Jigme are pictured in December at Bhutan's national day.jpg

They recently welcomed a second son in March!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Great to see you Prince!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
With the lock down, I am now teaching my classes online. It's been interesting. Most mornings I go on the back porch and listen to the birds while monitoring my chemistry chat room. Yesterday everything was soaked with dew, so I had to come up with an alternative inside approach....

Queen 1.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
With the lock down, I am now teaching my classes online. It's been interesting. Most mornings I go on the back porch and listen to the birds while monitoring my chemistry chat room. Yesterday everything was soaked with dew, so I had to come up with an alternative inside approach....

Queen 1.jpg

Love this, @LadyMaria :love: :love: . Thank you for all that you do for our kids

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed! I like this tiara but Charlene just doesn't seem to be into jewelry. Quite frankly, none of the Monegasque ladies are magpies.

I fear its contagious and is spreading to other (non Swedish) royal ladies from other realms

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Queen 1.jpg

Oh Princess - you have cheered me up enormously
Thank you

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Calling pupils and staff from Casterton Primary Academy in Lancashire, from Amner Hall

calling from Amner Hall, to pupils and staff from Casterton Primary Academy in Lancashire.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Happy 15th wedding anniversary!

15th wedding anniversary.jpg

At Birkhall in Aberdeenshire

at Birkhall in Aberdeenshire.jpg

Visiting Bromham in Wiltshire in 2007

visiting to Bromham in Wiltshire in 2007.jpg

Visiting Ballater in 2005

in Ballater in April 2005.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 15th wedding anniversary!

15th wedding anniversary.jpg

At Birkhall in Aberdeenshire

at Birkhall in Aberdeenshire.jpg

Visiting Bromham in Wiltshire in 2007

visiting to Bromham in Wiltshire in 2007.jpg

Visiting Ballater in 2005

in Ballater in April 2005.jpg

She really was every bit the beautuful bride
over the years ive really grown to be quite fond of her, as i have aged ive found real life is a little more complicated than a fairy tale

she has impressed me greatly on tours to NZ - sitting down low with the little kids eatting cake, visiting the woman's prison and the SPCA
And she's a great advocate for some of the less sexy but most definatly worthy causes that concern older people
If HRH is only to be known as our Princess Consort and not our Queen, she will still be worthy to be decked out in all the jewles Charles will then have access to, but will that mean she won't be crowned alongside him ?
I need to watch the present Queen's coronation and take more notice of Prince Philip

Does that mean Camila will not then get her own crown to wear on coronation day like Alexandria, Mary and Elizabeth QM did ?
What about the Kohinoor diamond ?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always felt that Camilla was unfairly villified. The situation, as it was back when Prince Charles had to marry, was untenable.But the past is the past. The photos you posted, Daisys and Diamonds, show that Camilla and Charles had a compatible relationship that endured into their senior years. They still seem very happy together and they do their duty within the Royal Family. (Entertaining Trump is beyond the call of duty for anyone.)

Camilla will legally be Queen. Whether she will be called the Queen and whether she will receive the pageantry probably has to be worked out depending on public sentiment. This is, after all, uncharted water. Anything can be changed. Even the monarchy can be dissolved if public opinion turns against it.

She really was every bit the beautuful bride
over the years ive really grown to be quite fond of her, as i have aged ive found real life is a little more complicated than a fairy tale

she has impressed me greatly on tours to NZ - sitting down low with the little kids eatting cake, visiting the woman's prison and the SPCA
And she's a great advocate for some of the less sexy but most definatly worthy causes that concern older people
If HRH is only to be known as our Princess Consort and not our Queen, she will still be worthy to be decked out in all the jewles Charles will then have access to, but will that mean she won't be crowned alongside him ?
I need to watch the present Queen's coronation and take more notice of Prince Philip

Does that mean Camila will not then get her own crown to wear on coronation day like Alexandria, Mary and Elizabeth QM did ?
What about the Kohinoor diamond ?

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I'm watching part two of the documentary about the swedish royal jewelry right now....all of those old cuts....swoon!
I highly recommend watching it:).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm watching part two of the documentary about the swedish royal jewelry right now....all of those old cuts....swoon!

Im awaiting for it turn up on utube hopefully with subtitles

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Princess Caroline of Monaco attends the Gala dinner for the wedding of Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg and Stephanie de Lannoy in 2012

Princess Caroline of Monaco attends the Gala dinner for the wedding of Prince Guillaume Of Lux...jpg

Worn the same jewels years ago.

74dd02b9ab770de70852f383521d6a44.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Where are you watching it? I'd love to get a link!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Video call in Madrid

call with the heads of children's charity Save the Children.jpg video call in Madrid.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Portraits taken by court photographer, Anthony Buckley in 1963

portraits, taken by court photographer Anthony Buckley in 1963.jpg

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Im guessing it was also in Swedish ;)2
Im hoping it will turn up on u tube translated into English
Did you enjoy it ?

Yes it is in Swedish;-).
Fingers x-ed that it will be available for you guys soon.

I did enjoy it, lots of beautiful close ups that I think you guys will love! I find the respect the royals show these fabulous pieces admirable and you can really tell how much they mean to them.
It features Queen Silvia, Crown princess Victoria and princess Birgitta.

All in all beautiful:).

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I did some digging and found this link to the Swedish Jewel Documentary.

https://www.svtplay.se/video/262558...ungliga-smycken-sasong-1-avsnitt-1?start=auto

WATCH IT!!!!

I just went down the rabbit hole while eating lunch (incidentally, it has been really nice teaching at home because I can go to the bathroom when I want and eat my lunch normally instead of skipping it all together or scarfing my food). It is sooooooo drool-worthy! Do NOT let the fact that it is in Swedish deter you. Trust me…you won’t care!

Now, a couple of Swedish words that I picked up on…

Kunglig….royal

Bröllop…wedding

Drottning…Queen

Smycken…jewelry

A few thoughts…

I am amazed at how flexible the Braganza is. I knew the Leuchtenberg Sapphire could be tiara or crown (more on that later) but the Braganza is more bendy than I thought. I did find it amusing that Queen Silvia just took it out of its case like it was no big deal, but all the assistants were handling everything with gloves!

They also showed the Leuchtenberg in its case. I knew the case was flat, but there is a huge difference seeing a still picture of it and seeing a video where someone is taking it out of the flat case showing how bendy it is! Queen Silvia literally bent it into a full crown, then back to a tiara shape. They also showed the necklace and earrings, and you can clearly see the hooks on the earrings that come back around the ear and hook on top to help with the weight of the earrings.

There was a section in English about the history of Queen Josephine of Sweden and her mother Augusta of Bavaria and their connection to the Leuchtenberg Sapphires.

Tiara hair made an appearance! Again, so what if it is in Swedish…watch the guy! There is a lot of backcombing and hair spray before the tiara goes on the head. He wraps hair around the ends of the tiara and pins the hair to hold the tiara in place. The back hair is not styled until the tiara is secure.

Nice section on the Cameo tiara. Lots of great shots of Crown Princess Victoria beaming at her wedding. She was so happy that day! They mentioned her mother’s wedding as well, both wearing the Cameo tiara.

They showed the Cameo tiara in its case…it is stored backwards in the case. There is also an odd upcurve at the ends of the Cameo tiara that I never noticed before. I’m pretty sure they were discussing the mythology that is represented in the cameos…thought I heard Eros, Aphrodite, and Dionysus.

Small part with Crown Princess Victoria and the Six Button. It is much more rigid. She was just casually handling it.

I think around 40 minutes they asked Queen Silvia what her favorite is (I heard “Drottning” and a word that sounded like favorite). They cut to the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, so I’m guessing that is at least one of her favorites.

I inferred the next topic was about sitting for portraits. They showed a portrait of Queen Silvia with the name of a photographer in the corner. Then that person was talking. Queen Silvia was gesturing with her shoulders that looked like how she was demonstrating posture for portraits.

History of the Braganza was towards the end. It was easy to pick up on Brazil on Portugal.

Queen Silvia took us on a tour of a dining room that had the place settings all laid out.

The last tiara they featured was the Cut Steel. It was really hard to get out of its case! It did not look as sparkly as when we’ve seen it worn. They showed the back of it which was cool. Then they cut to a Nobel Prize Dinner (Nobeldagan) where Crown Princess Victoria wore it. It sparkled then! Towards the end they put it back in its case, and I was nervous watching as they forced it in!

That was only Part 1…I’m going to try and watch Part 2 in the next couple of days…

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it is in Swedish;-).

I did enjoy it, lots of beautiful close ups that I think you guys will love! I find the respect the royals show these fabulous pieces admirable and you can really tell how much they mean to them.

I thought it was Princess Cristina?

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I thought it was Princess Cristina?

Yes!!!! You are correct, how embarrassing:D.

How lovely that you could watch it:). Most of the time shows on SVT are only available to watch in Sweden (occasionally in the rest of Europe).

Roligt att du tyckte om den! (How nice that you liked it)

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it is in Swedish;-).

I love the Swedish royals
They are my 2nd royal family

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results