shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
As close as I'll ever get to royal jewelry: I have that exact same bracelet in those three colours:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its a beautiful bracelet! Where is it from? Thanks.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
As close as I'll ever get to royal jewelry: I have that exact same bracelet in those three colours:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you have a Show & Tell thread for it somewhere on the forum? I would love to see more of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queen during her speech to the nation this evening. Possibly sleeping beauty turquoise?

0751C7A8-7795-443E-8855-81CBDCA7A591.jpeg

I just read her speech and it was uplifting and moving. What a wonderful person.

And yes just beautiful pieces that she is wearing. She should be a PSer. :halo:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen during her speech to the nation this evening. Possibly sleeping beauty turquoise?

0751C7A8-7795-443E-8855-81CBDCA7A591.jpeg

The turquoise brooch was a wedding present to Princess Mary of Teck, future Queen Mary, from her parents-in-law, King Edward VII & Queen Alexandra, then Prince & Princess of Wales.
Personally I would've chose another brooch, like one of Queen Victoria's bows, to signify my people's unity during these tough times.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Didn't know that blue sapphire is a popular choice among the Greek royals for ering

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal and Crown Prince Pavlos

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal and Crown Prince Pavlos.jpg

Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece

Princess Tatiana of Greece. Prince Nikolaos.jpg

At the time of Nikolaos and Tatiana's engagement it was said that the sapphire comes from the collection of Queen Anne Marie. I believe Marie Chantal's shares the same provenance, but I can't say for sure.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
“Eye of the Tiger” - 61.50 whiskey colored diamond mounted on the turban of Maharaja Ranjitsinhji of Nawanagar by Cartier in 1934.

1584867587424.jpeg

I saw the aigrette in Venice in 2018 where it was exhibited as part of the Al Thani Collection. It's really much larger that I thought and the workmanship is exquisite! The colour of the principal diamond was vivid, but it was too dark in the room to really appreciate the stone.

A modern photograph taken before the auction last year.
the-tiger-eye-turban-ornament.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
My favourite setting of the Queen!

Moments before the regal portrait was taken, Her Majesty was enjoying a cigarette, while her hair drersser was putting the final touches to her coiffure:

EC9ufceU0AA8tqF.jpg

Thanks for this photo. I love it and didn't know that she sat on a table? while "dressing" up as a regal queen! :lol:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
On International Women’s Day 2019

On International Women’s Day 2019.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Queen Mary’s diamond and turquoise brooch again. Too lovely!

Queen Mary’s diamond and turquoise brooch.jpg

Queen wore it on her 90th birthday celebrations in Windsor Castle

her 90th birthday celebrations in the grounds of Windsor Castle in 2016.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Queen Mathilde at the 2016 state dinner in Tokyo. I know that this might come out very impolite but do the diamonds looked a bit like CZ? The cut of the round diamonds look too modern or something...

Queen Mathilde attended the 2016 state dinner in Tokyo.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read her speech and it was uplifting and moving. What a wonderful person.

And yes just beautiful pieces that she is wearing. She should be a PSer. :halo:

Missy, she is so wonderful. I feel so trully blessed to have her as our HoS and not some of the alternitives other countries have

Ive always enjoyed following current events and the news but the last few years i have felt incredible stress even as a life long conservative (i think you can work out who has been giving me sleepless nights)
I always really respected the Queen and our constitutional monarchy system of goverment

Fashion has never interested me although Gary brought me this huge beautiful book on Princess Diana
- but i discovered that following the going ons of (not just our Queen) the royal families of the world and their jewles is a great destresser ..and also another avenue to discover new things about other countries and their people i would not know
The Queen and Prince Philip has been the only constant in my whole life, i cannot imangine a world without either of them in it
I need that constant and yet i know no one lives for ever
i dont HM is into the jewles as much as her mother and definatly not like her grandmmother Queen Mary

But i know she loves her pearls, i saw her talking about the crown jewles once and there was this really big pearl that belonged to Elizabeth 1 and she seemed sad it sat there all lonelly not being warn
I love when she wears pieces that her father gave her or pieces that have been passed down through the family, i think some must be quite sentimental
and she always remembers to wear the brooches different countries have given her and she wears them at appropriate events - she has some beautiful brooches from Commonwealth countries but also the Obama's gave her a lovelly antique brooch
I am rambling but i so need the distraction
Anyway i get great joy from her jewlery, she has really made me love pearls, she has so many beautiful strands

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Mathilde at the 2016 state dinner in Tokyo. I know that this might come out very impolite but do the diamonds looked a bit like CZ? The cut of the round diamonds look too modern or something...

I love the earings
I think the tiara is too far back on her head, i don't think her tiara box is as full as other Queens

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Mary’s diamond and turquoise brooch again. Too lovely!

Queen Mary’s diamond and turquoise brooch.jpg

Queen wore it on her 90th birthday celebrations in Windsor Castle

her 90th birthday celebrations in the grounds of Windsor Castle in 2016.jpg

I love turquoise
I love this was a wedding present from one magpie to another
Im sure the Queen must think of her granny when she wears it ( like i think of mine when i wear her ER )
That picture from her 90th is adorable
i do beleave she has done lots of smiling durring her reign, i have seen that smilie on a walk about in my hometown - but either the occasion was too somber or the gutter press just don't want us to see a smiling Queen

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is a gem, Bobby! I don't know how you do it, but you come up with the very best photos. It has been great to see you posting again. I hope that you stick around! BTW, I think that Daisy looks like the queen out of a fairy tale here.

Deb/AGBF

My favourite setting of the Queen!

Moments before the regal portrait was taken, Her Majesty was enjoying a cigarette, while her hair drersser was putting the final touches to her coiffure:

EC9ufceU0AA8tqF.jpg

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

I see what you mean re the tiara. Her earrings are gorgeous and look great on her.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway attend the 2012 Gala Dinner to celebrate Queen Margrethe II of Denmark's 40 years on the throne at Christiansborg Palace Chapel

48f34197638b0148a442be4ea96f94b9.jpg f99b1b5c6d550cad10bf2d50bf74faa3.jpg

This tiara was a HUGE surprise! This was a tiara that many thought had been quietly sold. I was thrilled to see Marie-Chantal wearing it!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
if only she would wear it !
(im don't like to critise the monarchy - its not how i was brought up)
but i wish this generation of royal ladies would wear slightly more bling,

no one is going to think they are a Kardashian

Agreed! I like this tiara but Charlene just doesn't seem to be into jewelry. Quite frankly, none of the Monegasque ladies are magpies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results