Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
From Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Princess Victoria.jpg

Princess Sofia

Princess Sofia.jpg

I believe they were taken on Sweden's National Day and wanted to show their wedding sets.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love this thread. it makes me happy
and its so nice to see our Queen smiling so much. for such a long time we never seemed to see her smiling in the press
and Camila always looks happy - she's become so stylish and every bit the princess that she is
but the balcony belonged to the kiddies
prince-louis-trooping-the-colour-z.jpg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree @Daisys and Diamonds , it was a wonderful balcony scene. They all looked so happy, especially William and Kate, it was lovely to see them interacting with each other.
I thought Kate looked stunning too.

Going back a few posts....That Semi -Parure diamond necklace and earrings of Camilla's that AGBF posted...are simply divine! Breathtaking!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Letizia of Spain's rings. It appears she wears a Cartier ring as a RHR (or LHR since she wears her wedding ring on the right) :love:
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 7.54.09 PM.png
nice ro see some royal rings
its often quite hard to see
thanks for posting:kiss2:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope I get this right....
I started a thread in ‘Show me the Bling’ about the fabulous Suite of Ruby jewellery that HM The Queen wore for the State Banquet in honour of President Trump the other week and had some lovely comments and posts on it, including some fab photos.
I did not know at that time that this Royal Jewel thread existed (sorry! I’ve since found out, had a good read and it’s fabulous).
I’ve been asked to add some of the images and comments etc on that thread to this Royal Jewel thread by AGBF, so here goes starting with some fabulous content that Daisy and Diamonds added.

by Daisys and Diamonds » Jun 5, 2019

Here’s a few others of the Royal Family and associates I found. The last one of Kate I think is from a previous State Banquet.[/QUOTE]
the blue dress is from the state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands
and the necklace is Queen Alexandra's wedding necklase from 1863 apresent from her new husband the future Edward v11
Queen Alexandra"s ( the sea king's daughter) father was Christian 1V of Denmark - the grandfather of Europe to Queen Victoria being grandmotherof Europe

our Queen is Elizabeth Mary Alexandra named for her great grandmotherand her grand mother Queen Mary

Alix's sister Dagma was Empress Maria. Feodorovna of Russia married toAlexander 111
this is one of at least 3 ways Prince Philip is related to the Romanovs(please my appoligies for bad spelling) as George 1 of the Hellenes who was Philip's Grandfather was Dagma and Alex's brother
oh deary me excuse me going off on a tangent
anyway Queen Alexandra piled on the jewles
she had a scare on her neck she hid with all those jewles and people copied her style - she also had a limp from childbirth and people copied that too
she was also deaf (childbirth must have been a terribly risky bussiness) but her husband spoke slowly so she could lip read
Unlike her MIL Victoria, she kept her beaitiful figer and she was a dotting devoted if somewhat smoothering mother to George V and they indulgedtheir grandchildren (our Queen's father and his sibblings) from their rather strict up bringing
Edward and Alexandra's reign was short as they came to the throne latter in life but the King was popular and the Queen very beautiful
i just feel.they get overshadowed by Victoria and George V
there is a rather dated but still excellent tv series (its feels like a play) on u tube called Edward v11 in about 10 parts that is fasinating
the Alexandra rose charity is from the 50th anniversary of Alix's arrival in England and today Princess Alexandra - the Queen's cousin, is president of the charity and they tackle food povety in London

anyway this is from Alix's corrination
9a5f80ef869c1294cb0d3a8c4eb15d2c-jpg.695154

Queen Alexandra's corination crown was only ever worn by her (Queen Mary and Queen Elizebth the future Queen mum had their own corrination crowns )

nowdays this crown belongs in the fashion jewlery thread as all the major stones have been repurposed and replaced by paste for appearances sake
1dc80e100b68b2e8a7dbae02b09988a9-jpg.695156
thr koh.noor diamond

i think the only one of Queen Alexandra's tieras still in the Queens possession is
her Kokoshnik tiara which was a gift to the then Princess of Wales for her25th wedding snniversary from the ladies of society, a group of aristocratic womam including the Prime minister's wife

a54a7d163d3112ba6a23b0723254756b-jpg.695160

Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara made by Garrad. it passed onto our Queen in her corination year
imspired by Alix's sister.Dagma'sra
2017-0506-kokoshnik13-png.695161

Daisys and Diamonds, Jun 5, 2019Report Concern
#16Unlike+ QuoteReply

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s another wonderful post by Daisy’s and Diamonds-Thank you.

Daisys and Diamonds » Jun 5, 2019
0ca4362f3b0a12ca9c76274cdbe99e3a-jpg.695171
rematch_alex-jpg.695172

so many jewles
hard to tell the sister's apart
can you really trust the internet ?
that necklase looks like the one Kate was wearing ?
im on my phone, eyes tired
297c31c34e9a43303c1c9bbf20a1a2bd-jpg.695178

Alix and Dagma
Alix and her granddaughter in law im her wedding mecklase
_alixnecklace-jpg.695179

_weddingparure-jpg.695180

Daisys and Diamonds, Jun 5, 2019

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that’s it, as the images I posted elsewhere I believe are already on this thread and the comments I made on that thread wouldn’t make sense out of sync without the photos.
Hope that’s all OK.
Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds your knowledge and photos are fascinating. Thanks also @Rad_Fan and @AGBF such wonderful images and details, thank you both also for alerting me to this thread.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have really outdone yourself, Hounddog. Thank you for taking so much of your time to put into this project. I am going to have to reread it to get more of the details! I love it when a poster tells me a story about a piece of jewelry that includes not only the stones and where they originated, but who it first belonged to; how it got passed along; and any political or social stories that accompanied the piece (the more salacious the better)! That is exactly what you have done, but you have done it for more than one piece of jewelry. Thank you again!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Kate looked stunning too.

She did, indeed. She looked happy, and I love her hat! Unfortunately, not much jewelry is visible in that photo!!! I bet some is being worn. ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...​
but the balcony belonged to the kiddies

prince-louis-trooping-the-colour-z.jpg

This lovely balcony scene is from the 2019 Trooping of The Color, which was celebrated on June 8 in 2019.* Here are some other photos to complement that of the balcony scene. (I believe other photos were also posted earlier in this thread of the Horse Guards from that day.) I chose carriage photos of Her Majesty and some of the country's best known ladies although they do not show jewelry,

TheTroopingofTheColour2019.jpg
Her Majesty The Queen

TheTroopingofTheColour2019A.jpg
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge
TheTroopingofTheColour2019B.jpg
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall with HRH The Duchess of Cambridge and HRH The Duchess of Sussex

"The Balcony Appearance
A key part of the Trooping the Colour tradition is the royal family's balcony appearance. While the royal family does from time to time assemble on the balcony of Buckingham Palace for reasons other than the birthday parade, Trooping the Color is the only guaranteed annual appearance, and the one with the largest group."

*The Trooping of The Color is explained here...https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a10016954/trooping-the-colour-facts/

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for making me aware of The Polar Music Prize Ceremony, Rad_Fan. I looked at the photos of the 2019 celebration and enjoyed the interesting couture, although the jewelry was not extremely glamorous. (It took place on June 11, 2019.) I did like Princess Sofia of Sweden's extra long dangling gold earrings as she channeled Frida Kahlo with a red wreath that evening.

PrincessSofiaPolarMusicfest2019.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I love Crown Princess Victoria's custom pink tulle dress. Great idea to add a waist band to it! Such fun!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Crown Princess Victoria's custom pink tulle dress. Great idea to add a waist band to it! Such fun!

I, also, loved it although some people panned it terribly. She got credit for supporting local designer by wearing it, but was criticized for wearing a dress that was "a mess". Some people would have preferred a sleeker, more sophisticated look. I am with you. I absolutely love it that she was willing to dress like a fairy tale princess!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Countess Wessex's first ever official royal visit to Lebanon

429883983.jpg Countess-Sophie-Wessex.jpg first ever official royal visit to Lebanon.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the annual gala dinner in recognition of Addiction Awareness Week

1560372041344.jpg annual gala dinner in recognition of Addiction Awareness Week.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Hosting the Animal Ball at Clarence House

0449987443.jpg the Animal Ball at Clarence House.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
The Hanover floral tiara worn by (Top to bottom) Alessandra de Osma, wife of Prince Christian of Hanover. Ekaterina Malysheva, wife of Prince Ernst August of Hanover & the grooms' stepmother Princess Caroline of Monaco.
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.49.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.49.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.49.22 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results