carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D56ED67F-A1CD-425F-9E83-1FC065100124.jpeg

Here’s the requested photo of Kate and her gorgeous earrings.

I'm not sure who requested it, but I did post it along with the information that the sapphire and diamond fringe earrings she wore that night had once belonged to The Queen Mother in the first batch of photos I posted.

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi AGBF, that’s great information, I didn’t know anything about them...just that they are beautiful.
Re the requested aspect, I added them to a thread I started about the Queens fabulous Ruby suite she wore for the recent State Banquet, and it was mentioned there that I should add them here..unless I mis-interpreted the wording.
As I was kindly given this link and asked to a add them here, I did so. Apologies if I wasn’t supposed to and have ‘stepped on someone toes’!
Having read and loved several pages here I must say it’s a wonderful thread. Thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AGBF, that’s great information, I didn’t know anything about them...just that they are beautiful.
Re the requested aspect, I added them to a thread I started about the Queens fabulous Ruby suite she wore for the recent State Banquet, and it was mentioned there that I should add them here..unless I mis-interpreted the wording.
As I was kindly given this link and asked to a add them here, I did so. Apologies if I wasn’t supposed to and have ‘stepped on someone toes’!
Having read and loved several pages here I must say it’s a wonderful thread. Thank you.

I was unaware that there was a thread about the Queen's ruby suite. (Where is it?)

I was touchy (more like petty). I used to be very much a regular in this thread and I am afraid I felt proprietary about it. I haven't been active here lately and I was not being at all polite in mentioning that I had already posted the photo. I apologize, Hounddog. All that matters is that people feel welcome here and want to post to this thread. We need as many people posting to it and enjoying it as possible!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the remake of Sophie's tiara. The gap between the center cluster and the side clusters looked cat ear like. The lack of space now is much prettier.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Debs/AGBF, Thank you for replying so kindly, to be honest I did sense a little vibe and feel a little ‘oh..ouch’ at your initial response but please don’t worry about it, your reply is so honest and kind...peace and calm is restored..ready for more Royal jewel ogling.

I started that Ruby suite thread on Community-Show me the Bling...’Queen Elizabeth’. Sorry I don’t know how to do the link to it, but at the moment it’s still on the first page of that section.

This thread is amazing, I started working backwards from this end and loved it, then thought I should start at the beginning really...having read the first few pages now it’s wonderful...such fabulous photos and great information. Its also doubly interesting now as obviously time, Royal individuals and marriages have moved on a lot and some of the discussions in the beginning now have answers..eg..the discussion about what William would do in the future for his potential brides ring..and we now know that Kate is the lady and has Diana’s fabulous ring. Fascinating stuff! I think I’m going to spend far too long reading this wonderful thread.

Thank you and best wishes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Princess Victoria.jpg

Princess Sofia

Princess Sofia.jpg

Is there any more information available about these photographs? I always like to know the occasion on which they were taken and whatever is known about the jewelry worn in them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I absolutely love the gown the Duchess is wearing in the top (in this block the left) photo. Do you know the occasion on which that photograph was taken? I believe she is wearing her diamond demi-parure, although I cannot see it clearly in the photograph you posted.

"Among the signature pieces in the collection of The Duchess of Cornwall is this demi-parure (matched set) of a diamond necklace and earrings. Each earring has a cluster of pear shape diamonds dangling in a long row, with perhaps one round diamond at the stud (always difficult to see the details on her earrings, because of her hair), for a total of 11 large diamonds apiece."

DuchessCornwallDemiParure.jpg

Last edited:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Meghan was seen today with a new diamond band

19337B28-C2EA-47A2-B68D-485BF7C54928.jpeg !

8A741261-F0C8-4872-B500-464788FA65EA.jpeg

Attachments

• 17B99F21-F6CA-48D8-AA99-36F004F71C8C.jpeg
    17B99F21-F6CA-48D8-AA99-36F004F71C8C.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 3DAF47AA-B68E-4ACB-AA2B-47CE5FAA7204.jpeg
    3DAF47AA-B68E-4ACB-AA2B-47CE5FAA7204.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this photo, where Crown Princess Mary is also in what appears to be Buckingham Palace and is also wearing a blue gown, she might be wearing the Diamond, Ruby and Spinel Necklace Tiara that she acquired and began wearing only recently. I cannot see it very well here and will try to look up photos of what she is wearing to see when she wore it. (If anyone else would like to do so, please do!) What I can see is that it is not large enough to be the Diamond Floral Tiara.

Crown Princess Mary.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe she is wearing the Danish Diamond Floral Tiara (pictured below) which belonged to Princess Dagmar of Denmark. It is on permanent loan to Crown Princess Mary. She has many other absolutely gorgeous tiaras, however. I actually prefer some of her others to this one!

DanishDiamondFloralTiara.png
I'm a sucker for floral styles... I also like to think it's an hommage to the Queen, as anything-esque Daisy is considered a nod to Queen Margrete

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results