carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 11:59:14 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet
nice Diamond parure...anyone know anything about it? i am looking...
Yes, it belongs to me, but I''ll let you borrow it.
3.gif
2.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Jenna, it has to be said. Keep up the good work! Taking this thread in the direction of watches was a great idea! Your great aunt''s watch is very beautiful! Thanks for everything.
36.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 3:22:59 AM
Author: Imdanny
Date: 2/20/2009 11:59:14 AM

nice Diamond parure...anyone know anything about it? i am looking...

Yes, it belongs to me, but I''ll let you borrow it.
3.gif
2.gif
cool, thanks..i''d love to wear it this weekend if you don''t mind..........;-)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
you are welcome..and thankyou. twice...lol...watches are so very interesting...it''s going to be a be tough though to find good pics of them on royals i think...:)i hope everyone can help me try though..
jenna

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a closer picture of QEII wearing her diamond watch. Here HM attends the Royal performance of "A Bunch Of Amateurs" at Odeon Leicester Square November 2008. Do you imagine going to the cinema dressed like that and wearing diamond jewellery?

212o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And another of The Queen''s watches. Thaht one has a simple leather strap. I can''t remember the designer''s name but he is famous. I''m not sure, but the metal used may be gold.

10elizabethlaughing3504503jt.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And the one that The Queen Mother wore most often. It looks like an all diamond watch. Unfortunately there isn''t a picture showing the watch''s dial but it must be impressive.

Here HM wears a pearl and diamond ring instead of her sapphire engagement ring. Does anyone have a pic of the sapphire one?

And talking about sapphires and watches I remember that I have seen Princess Diana wering the one from the Saudi parure. It''s a rare one, because the watch was later broken in order to create new jewels. Now I can not find it in my files and I''m a little bit upset. Have you seen it and would you upload it if you have it?

79214164oy.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again!

This is a vary nice picture/portrait of the late Queen mother. Here she''s wearing some nece jewels including a waterfall broach. Unfortunately the picture isn''t clear and big enough to see details of the jewels (however they can be identifiåd easy). So if you have a bigger copy of it, please upload it.

0215arta3.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are two more of Elizabeth II''s wathes. The left one has a pearl strap and was worn at the French state dinner. The second watch looks like an elegant diamond bracelet. I think that Princess Diana once borrowed a diamond watch from her mother-in-law maybe ths one?
On both pictures HM is wearing beautiful bracelets probably hairlooms from Queen Alexandra or Mary of Teck.

queen2watches.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:04:08 AM
you are welcome..and thankyou. twice...lol...watches are so very interesting...it''s going to be a be tough though to find good pics of them on royals i think...:)i hope everyone can help me try though..
jenna

I''m not sure if you saw my post a few pages back about the Luckenbooth. It looks like it was the precursor to BOTH the claddagh and the crowned/double heart rings like Lady A''s. Please check it out and let me know what you think... I posted a picture of a modern one as well.

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Can anybody help me identify this lovely beauty?
30.gif

80f7ed8bb612bc799f2fb4a5.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
I would just die if I could wear something like this. Does anyone know to whom this parure belongs?

bbc7106083e1c2d98cb10d22.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello everyone! found some more amazing watches!
this one..Known as the Mrchenknig, the King Ludwig II of Bavaria was born in Nymphenburg Castle, Munich, in 1845. Before being blessed with the pedestal of king of Bavaria at the age of 18, Ludwig II was a member of the Wittelsbach dynasty. this is a watch made up of 18K gold, enamel, diamond and ruby set presentation for King Ludwig II

watch-300x370.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The much-in-news fine, exceptional and antique 18K gold, enamel and diamond-set hunter case ‘petite souscription � tact’ watch that was owned by Empress Josephine, wife of French ruler Napoleon Bonaparte lately got sold for $1.3 mn at Christie’s auction house in Geneva. This amount is seven-fold of the anticipated price during its pre-auction.

There isn’t any information available about the anonymous buyer. The watch is a replica of the ‘montre a tact’ or ‘tactile watch’ pattern designed by Abraham Louis Breguet in 1790, when it was inappropriate to ask for time in public. The USP of the watch is its very ability to enable wearer identify time by its mere feel from outside as the watch hand resides outside.

In 1799, Josephine placed an order for this watch at 3,000 francs. Later, in 1804, diamonds were embedded when Napoleon was bestowed with the crown of Emperor of France. Later this watch was given to Hortense, wife of Napoleon’s brother Joseph Bonparte. Hortense stepped on to the pedestal of the Queen of Holland when Napoleon made his brother King in 1806, and it was then this watch the watch was then imprinted with an alphabet ‘H’.

watcfffh1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and another of the same watch

huntefcase.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and how about this most amazing piece?

Breguet Grand Complication Ref. 1160 Pocket Watch: Return Of A Legend In Spirit And Actuality

Posted on April 14, 2008
Filed Under Breguet, General, New Watches, Watch Art, Watch Buying, Watch News, Watches |

Breguet Grand Complication Ref. 1160 Pocket Watch1783 France - Louis Abraham Breguet is contacted for the commission of the world''s most elegant and complicated timepiece to be handed to Queen Marie-Antoinette. A task commissioned by Count Axel de Ferson, an officer in the Queen''s high guard, and a suitor to the queen. Price and time meant nothing, "make the most spectacular watch the world has ever seen;" the noted queen''s affection for jewelry and rate items was to be outstanded. At least that was the idea. In 1793, ten years after work had begun on the Marie Antoinette Breguet pocket watch, the French Revolution took its grasp on French royalty, and Queen Marie Antoinette was beheaded at the guillotine for treason.

Work however did not cease on the watch. It was not until 1827 that the watch was finally completed. The result of 34 years of efforts imbuing the pocket watch with every known complication at the time. The movement was an automatic (self-winding) mechanical (obviously) movement with a 48 hour power reserve. Complications included: an on demand minute repeater chiming on the hour, quarter hour, or each minute; an equation of time indicator (actual solar time versus clock time); full perpetual calendar; jumping hour display; bimetallic mechanical thermometer; and a bevy of internal stability and accuracy mechanisms. It was the crowning achievement for Breguet at the time, and embodied everything the defined technological achievement and the prowess of European mechanical ability. No one seemed to mind that it took so long to develop. After Queen Marie Antoinette was beheaded, there did not seem to be a rush. Once Breguet begins something, determination requires success be achieved. Only the most elite of watch lovers at the time could fully appreciate the Queen Marie Antoinette pocket watch. Almost intimidating to view, the single beautiful 63mm pocket watch moved from collector to collector over the years remaining a source of pride for Breguet.

Queen Marie AntoinetteEventually the pocket watch made its way into the LA Mayer Islamic Art Museum in Jerusalem Israel. The museum has a wing dedicated to historical watches, many of which are Breguets. The Queen Marie Antoinette Breguet pocket watch remained on display until 1983, when it was stolen. A remarkably smooth burglary, handled like clock work managed to remove several key items at the LA Mayer Islamic Art Museum including the Marie Antoinette watch. No amount of investigation would reveal the whereabouts of the pocket watch, and it once again entered legend.

Breguet was then, and is still owned and operated by the Swatch Group. CEO Nicolas Hayek maintained a deep connection with Breguet which has a history and technological heritage like few other brands. Wanting the safe return of the Maire Antoinette pocket watch, Hayek played with the idea of offering a huge reward for information leading to its safe recovery. However, when Hayek got news that Marie Antoinette''s favorite tree in Versailles was to be cut down, he had a different idea. Negotiating with the French for 1/10 of the cut down tree, Hayek would embark on a mission to recreate the original watch exactly, using wood from the tree for the replica pocket watch''s display box.

Original Breguet Queen Marie Antoinette Pocket Watch (click for Breguet on eBay) Work began on the replica which would be known as the Breguet Grand Complication Ref. 1160 Pocket Watch in 2005. Using only diagrams, pictures, and written descriptions of the original Marie Antoinette watch, Breguet embarked on the ambitious task of recreating a legend. Use of special metals and alloys were used to produce the same colors, along with extreme efforts to maintain the dimensions and functionality. I looked as though it was to be an exact replica, as best Breguet could guess.

Little did Breguet know that they would actually be able to compare the Grand Complication Ref. 1160 with the original Marie Antoinette watch. Recently, in November of 2007, the Queen Marie Antoinette Breguet pocket watch mysteriously reappeared. A watch maker in Tel Aviv Israel came across the watch while purchasing a lot of goods. He had no idea it would be in there, but recognized it as it was stolen in Jerusalem which was less than a 2 hour drive away back in 1983. The movements and location of the watch after it was stolen are still a mystery. I could have been that the notoriety of the pocket watch made it too hard to sell, even on the black market. No one really knows. Regardless, with the original Marine Antoinette Breguet watch recovered, Breguet could now compare the original with the replica.

The Breguet Grand Complication Ref. 1160 was unveiled to the public less than two weeks ago at Basel World 2008. It is a serious monument not only to Breguet, but also to watch making in general. The complexity of the original was outstanding, but begs a question. Was watch making so advanced 200 years ago, or have we really not come that far fundamentally? The most recent advances in watch making fall in materials, design methods, and construction techniques, but complications actually remain very similar to what they were so long ago. The Breguet Grand Complication Ref. 1160 is only a testament to a legend, but also to the greater art form and expertise that is watch making.

large-2-889.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here is marie antoinette herself, for whom that amazing watch was created..

marie_antoinette_a_la_rose_1783_oil_on_canvas.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
a few views of the watch and that amazing box created from marie''s tree

breguet_marie_antoinette_ii_1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 5:45:13 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Here are two more of Elizabeth II''s wathes. The left one has a pearl strap and was worn at the French state dinner. The second watch looks like an elegant diamond bracelet. I think that Princess Diana once borrowed a diamond watch from her mother-in-law maybe ths one?

On both pictures HM is wearing beautiful bracelets probably hairlooms from Queen Alexandra or Mary of Teck.
hey prince of preslav! this watch you posted..i have a photo of princess diana wearing it..i wonder if it was a gift to her from the queen....i''ll get it scanned and post it for you..
jenna

queen2wfghfatches.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is her majesty and watch can be viewed!:)

queenderbyMS0206_468x435.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
william and harry..wills has a watch on..a bit hard to see though

royals280707_468x366.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
qew II with a nice gold watch on...looks very similar in style to the one diana always wore..but with white face

post_image-LEADERelizabeth_b_gr_01.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
no jewels in this one, just a really great pic of harry doing what comes naturally thanks to his mom...helping others!

Harry2203PA_468x742.jpg

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:01:28 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
And the one that The Queen Mother wore most often. It looks like an all diamond watch. Unfortunately there isn''t a picture showing the watch''s dial but it must be impressive.

Here HM wears a pearl and diamond ring instead of her sapphire engagement ring. Does anyone have a pic of the sapphire one?

And talking about sapphires and watches I remember that I have seen Princess Diana wering the one from the Saudi parure. It''s a rare one, because the watch was later broken in order to create new jewels. Now I can not find it in my files and I''m a little bit upset. Have you seen it and would you upload it if you have it?
And I believe that it was an insider Royal practice to never wear pearls whiter than the wearers teeth!!!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:03:00 PM
PATEK PHILLIPE GOLD WATCH

This gold watch and gold bracelet are birthday gifts from Prince Charles. In most pictures of Diana before her divorce, this is the watch she used often.
Hi Jenna! Hi everyone! In this picture on the previous page (I don't know how to post pictures, would someone please tell me how?) Diana, Princess of Wales (I am incensed that she has in her brother's words "no royal title" and it is my hope that William will restore it, she certainly earned it, IMO, for producing the heir- how could it be that the father and the children have a royal title, but it is only the mother whose title has been taken from her to dishonor her, to make her "less"- it is absurd, with all due respect to HM, the sovereign, the font from whom all honors originate) is wearing a beautiful necklace!

I believe this is Van Cleef & Arpels. I've taken a great (and very exciting!- they've made a lot of royal jewelry as many of you have already posted) interest in this house.

I doubt if anyone is going to know much about a little piece such as this one, but it is beautiful, and it would be thrilling to know the history behind it.

Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:09:37 AM
Author: Josefine
Hi I am new here

i was wondering what do you think the carats on the engagment ring of Crown Princess Victoria

photo from svensk damtidining

http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/FileOrganizer/Svensk%20Damtidning/FÖRLOVNINGEN/B-läge/B7-Victorias%20ring/ringtopp.jpg
hi!
and welcome! her ring is very dainty..small..about 2 carats by the size of it. if you go to google and type in 1 or 2 carat diamond ring, then you can search images and see the similar size. diamonds of the same size always weight the same..or most always, due to the chemical make up of that stone.

ringtgjdfgjopp.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:11:10 AM
Author: Imdanny
Date: 2/20/2009 10:03:00 PM

PATEK PHILLIPE GOLD WATCH

This gold watch and gold bracelet are birthday gifts from Prince Charles. In most pictures of Diana before her divorce, this is the watch she used often.

Hi Jenna! Hi everyone! In this picture on the previous page (I don''t know how to post pictures, would someone please tell me how?) Diana, Princess of Wales (I am incensed that she has in her brother''s words ''no royal title'' and it is my hope that William will restore it, she certainly earned it, IMO, for producing the heir- how could it be that the father and the children have a royal title, but it is only the mother whose title has been taken from her to dishonor her, to make her ''less''- it is absurd, with all due respect to HM, the sovereign, the font from whom all honors originate) is wearing a beautiful necklace!

I believe this is Van Cleef & Arpels. I''ve taken a great (and very exciting!- they''ve made a lot of royal jewelry as many of you have already posted) interest in this house.

I doubt if anyone is going to know much about a little piece such as this one, but it is beautiful, and it would be thrilling to know the history behind it.

Thanks everyone!
1.gif
hi back to you!
first i would like to say, i fully agree with you. diana IS royal and always was.
secondly, to post a photo, first make sure it''s size is under 100kb...you may need to resize it. then when you repsond, hit attach file, browse for it on your computer..then attach..it has to laready be saved to your computer..:)
jenna

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the answer
the sixe has been debated at an other forum about royal jewellery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results