shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
When I said that Camilla is fond of big peaces I didn't mean that she should wear the Cullinans, or any other big royal jewels. I think that if some day Charles becomes king his Princess consort may wear jewels from the collection, but not ones as Grannie's chips and a regal circlet.

About Princess Diana all I can say is that I fell sorry for her because:
1) Charles having an affair with Camilla (and maybe not only with her),
2) Her divorce,
3) The way medias treated the princess after it(chasing her and trying to get the most compromiseing photos),
4) And finaly her tragic death;
I guess that a major part of the problems betwin The prince&princess of Wales were because of the age diferance they had. Charles and Camilla look happy and IMO after 2 divorces, 4 children and more than 30 years they sil love each other. All I can do is to wish them a lot of happiness.

I'm sorry if there was som cind of misunderstanding. In this post I wrote what I think about the "Royal love triangle".

Bobby

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:44:29 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
When I said that Camilla is fond of big peaces I didn''t mean that she should wear the Cullinans, or any other big royal jewels. I think that if some day Charles becomes king his Princess consort may wear jewels from the collection, but not ones as Grannie''s chips and a regal circlet.

About Princess Diana all I can say is that I fell sorry for her because:

1) Charles having an affair with Camilla (and maybe not only with her),

2) Her divorce,

3) The way medias treated the princess after it(chasing her and trying to get the most compromiseing photos),

4) And finaly her tragic death;

I guess that a major part of the problems betwin The prince&princess of Wales were because of the age diferance they had. Charles and Camilla look happy and IMO after 2 divorces, 4 children and more than 30 years they sil love each other. All I can do is to wish them a lot of happiness.

I''m sorry if there was som cind of misunderstanding. In this post I wrote what I think about the ''Royal love triangle''.

Bobby
hey bobby!
i can just interject here by saying age has nothing to do with anything...my hubby is 16 years older then me, we''ve been together for 11 years now and his daughter is only 9 years younger then i am..and we are very happy and get along great! age is just not the problem...his previous love interest was. and poor diana got used to the max and i think that is just scummy.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a very interesting style of snake ring in two heads!

MI001837.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and the obvious next step, the Ouroboros Ring..an Ouroboros is of course, the snake eating it''s own tail..this mythical creature or symbol is ancient and belongs to many cultures...it symbolizes eternity, forever...

BJ-SR15G.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and another..what a neat ring that is...i have an ancient style gold snake ring...not as detailed as this one...but i love the historical value behind these pieces..and to know that queen victoria used a snake ring as her engagement ring is amazing!

oro2.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is the coolest thing, you never think that art imitates life to this extent! here is the real life ring!
I saw this little Armadillo Lizard while browsing over at Spy''s Spice. Just like the mythical Ouroboros, the serpent that eats its own tail, the Armadillo Lizard will roll itself into a ball when threatened, grabbing its tail in its mouth to protect its belly from attacks.

The Armadillo Lizard (Cordylus cataphractus) is a spiny-tailed lizard endemic to desert areas of southern Africa. It is also known as the Armadillo Girdled Lizard or the Armadillo Spiny-tailed Lizard. They can be a light brown to dark brown in coloration and are sometimes referred to with the common name of golden armadillo lizard. The underbelly is yellow with a blackish pattern, especially under the chin.This lizard has a distinctive defensive posture, in which it grabs its tail and curls into a ring. Its size ranges from 16 to 21 cm (6½ to 8½ in) in length. In South Africa, trade in Armadillo Lizards is illegal.

armadillo-lizard.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The Ouroboros (Greek Ουροβόρος, from ουροβόρος όφις "tail-devouring snake", also spelled Uroboros in English pronounced /ʊˈrɒbɔrɔs/ or /ˌjʊəroʊˈbɒrəs/), is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon swallowing its own tail and forming a circle.

The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (See Phoenix (mythology)). It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished. The ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations, where it symbolizes the circular nature of the alchemist''s opus. It is also often associated with Gnosticism, and Hermeticism.

Carl Jung interpreted the Ouroboros as having an archetypical significance to the human psyche. The Jungian psychologist Erich Neumann writes of it as a representation of the pre-ego "dawn state", depicting the undifferentiated infancy experience of both mankind and the individual child.[1]

300px-Ouroboros_1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here he is again!

cbeb289e7519ede317d475970a4500a3_2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and then of course, we all remember the empress of the never ending story! and her symbol of eternal protection and guidence was of course, the auryn. two snakes eating each other''s tails, a spin on the classic ancient design of the oro.

this is nothing new of course, as snakes have for millenia been used as protective symbols with regard to royalty...egypt used the cobra as the symbol on pharaoh''s headdress to protect him against all enemies...i''ll find some pictures...so, i guess it really wasn''t too far out there for queen victoria to use a snake as her engagement ring considering the snake''s long standing relationship with royalty!

adduryn-1.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
the auryn of the empress..never ending story..''he who wears the auryn, speaks for the empress, it will guide and protect you''............

Imayage059.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
the auryn symbolizes good and evil, day and nite, dark and light, male and female, yin and yang, myth and reality, heaven and earth, well, you get the point. opposites that must all have each other to exist.

aucryn2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is pharaoh seti the first, notice his cobra on his headdress.

seti1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and king tut''s headdress as well..the other symbolic animal there is the vulture

tut40b.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Inlaid Diadem with Vulture and Cobra Uraeus
Dynasty 18, reign of Tutankhamun (1332-1322 BC)
Egyptian Museum, Cairo

hoving10-16-08-1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and a beautiful carved stone statue of a pharaoh with the cobra

PHAfrRAOH.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here is king ahkenaten with the cobra

phgyuaraoh.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here we have the queen of egypt, who took on the guise of a king to rule in the 18th dynasty..
The daughter of Pharaoh Tuthmosis I and wife of Tuthmosis II, her half-brother, Hatshepsut reigned from 1498 to 1483 B.C. as the fifth pharaoh of the 18th Dynasty, whose later members included Akhenaton and Tutankhamun.

When her husband-brother died, Hatshepsut became regent for the boy-king Tuthmosis III, the child of Tuthmosis II and a concubine. But hieroglyphic carvings suggest she donned a royal headdress and false beard, and proclaimed herself pharaoh.

But the powerful woman who challenged ancient Egypt''s tradition of male supremacy might have experienced very poor health, at least in the last part of her life.

hatshepsut.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here is rameses the great! the most accomplished king of ancient times! cobra intact!

01814_egypt_pharaoh_ramesses_ii.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here may be the closest thing we ever get to see of a real live ancient egyptian king! it''s king tut virtualized! built from his actual scull via computer regeneration....wow, an ancient king! what a handsome buy! hrh tut

King Tut reconstructed.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Archaeologists took the mummy from its stone sarcophagus and placed it in a climate-controlled case inside his tomb in Luxor''s Valley of the Kings.

_44217352_composite416x280.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
one of king tut''s amazing jewels, a horus ended broad collar of carnelian and turquoise.

023_necklace_of_tut.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
tut''s wonderful barque necklace..this shows the sun barque sailing over the nile waters with lotus beneath it...

tutl46.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
a royal snake amulet with human head meant for protection, solid gold

amulet3.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and last but not least for tonight, this is king tut''s scarab amulet..pectoral. the neat thing is for decades since it was found, everyone thought the scarab was a gemstone, when in fact, they now know it is actually desert glass. it turns out that desert glass came from outter space millions of years ago and is scattered about the egyptian desert. the egyptians knew what it was, placed great importance on it and used it for jewels such as this for centuries. we still go out looking for it today to collect!

kingtut_pectoral.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 8:55:44 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
Archaeologists took the mummy from its stone sarcophagus and placed it in a climate-controlled case inside his tomb in Luxor''s Valley of the Kings.
Kinda cute looking but I wonder why his head is so flat at the top?

In any case, all these Egyptian cobras and royal jewels are very interesting.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:01:59 AM
Date: 2/18/2009 6:46:38 AM

Author: Imdanny

Date: 2/17/2009 5:03:09 PM

Date: 2/17/2009 3:18:31 PM

and here is queen mary

Queen Mary is my favourate Consort (¹2 is The QMum) probably because of her vast collection of fine jewelery. I''ve alyaws sayed that no other queen could(and probably won''t)wear jewels the way she did.

Well, I don''t think Camilla should even try. They''re not going to let her wear I, II, III, and IV! That''s beyond all reason. That will never happen again IMHO.

I and II, in particular, I think are going to stay where they are now. Stunning picture!

I have to say, though, even for me, I think that is too much! Wow.

oh yes, i have to agree. not to be forceful against camilla or anything, but, i must admit for me, she will always be distasteful. not because of her age, not because of her relationship with charles, but it''s very simple really, it''s because of the way in which she and charles played diana. diana was young, innocent, and victimized thoroughly by them both. so, i must say of all royals the world over, those two have got to stand lowest on my list. and i think they always will. i could never do to anyone what they did to diana, and i cannot ever feel kindly towards anyone who would.
Amen.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:44:29 AM
When I said that Camilla is fond of big peaces I didn't mean that she should wear the Cullinans, or any other big royal jewels. I think that if some day Charles becomes king his Princess consort may wear jewels from the collection, but not ones as Grannie's chips and a regal circlet.

Bobby
Hi Bobby,

I see. Thank you for your clarification!

What you wrote was:

"Queen Mary is my favourate Consort (�2 is The QMum) probably because of her vast collection of fine jewelery. I've alyaws sayed that no other queen could(and probably won't)wear jewels the way she did. Maybe Camilla will try to, she is also fond of big pieces and IMO The Duchess looks radiant and/or regal when she wears them(especially tiaras)."

So I just looked at that picture and took your words too literally! No worries.

We all have our opinions (of course) but I don't want, myself, any contention or misunderstanding in this thread. This thread is too much fun for that!

Cheers,
Danny

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The Personal Jewel Collection of Queen Elizabeth II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen%27s_Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

I am not a big fan of the asian royalty(except of Russia), but wow they definitely have great jewels! One of the royal houses with most "haute joaillerie" is the Thai one. There are tons of diamonds, sapphires, rubyes and other precious stones. Probably the jewel that is my favourite is a sapphire and diamond necklace worn by the Queen Sirikit. It looks like a copy of QEII''s necklace (a gift from fer father).

jpx641217969407160020.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And another one of the Queen and the necklace. Here she olso wears a white and yellow(?) diamond tiara. It doesn''t look like a norml tiara, but as a framed necklace. Interesting. Have you ever seen something similar Is it typical thai style?

1n4sd1217965240159888.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results