carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

im on my way out the door to work
day 4 of daylight savings so its still hard
just saw this picture of Catherine
1695753470122.jpeg

HSH Princess of Monaco looking happy and healthy and i think with gold hoops as she attended an event with the Monegasque Seniors' Association.
1695803756711.png

i know not much bling but its so nice to see HSH smile

no brooch so here is a back view
nice jacket
no necklace either
some sort of hair ornimant was called for if you ask me

1695857598572.png
the Princess of Wales joined a children’s sensory development play session today HRH was visiting the Orchards Centre in Sittingbourne, Kent, to highlight the importance of supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.

1695857976714.png

We know that the story behind some of Camilla's privately-owned jewels is a bit of a mystery. Such is the case with her turquoise demi-parure. It's been suggested by several sources that they are an heirloom, probably from her father's side of the family.

1695903980371.png
1695903988393.png

We have a fairly clear photo of the necklace from what looks like a catalogue, but no (online) author seems to have questioned whether it's an action catalogue, an inventory or from an exhibition.

1695903928699.png

I recently saw another - unedited - version of the same photo with what's probably the original pair of earrings from the set.
1695903910635.png

Unfortunately, the scanner has cut off the bottom part of the earrings, yet we can assume that they terminate with a pear-shaped turquoise cluster.

We know that the story behind some of Camilla's privately-owned jewels is a bit of a mystery. Such is the case with her turquoise demi-parure. It's been suggested by several sources that they are an heirloom, probably from her father's side of the family.

1695903980371.png
1695903988393.png

We have a fairly clear photo of the necklace from what looks like a catalogue, but no (online) author seems to have questioned whether it's an action catalogue, an inventory or from an exhibition.

1695903928699.png

I recently saw another - unedited - version of the same photo with what's probably the original pair of earrings from the set.
1695903910635.png

Unfortunately, the scanner has cut off the bottom part of the earrings, yet we can assume that they terminate with a pear-shaped turquoise cluster.

Just beautiful, but I have to say I would have preferred the (assumed) pear cluster hanging from a diamond stud, instead of using the oval, if these were indeed made from the original earrings. And that is a big assumption, I know, since royalty likely have several versions of gemstone jewelry.

1695903980371.png
1695903988393.png

1695903928699.png

1695903910635.png

HM really suits turquoise,
its kind of wonderful a very beautiful family hairloom ends up in a Queen's jewel box by way of inheritance

Just beautiful, but I have to say I would have preferred the (assumed) pear cluster hanging from a diamond stud, instead of using the oval, if these were indeed made from the original earrings. And that is a big assumption, I know, since royalty likely have several versions of gemstone jewelry.

The earrings from the scanned page and the ones Camilla uses are different. Different style, different period and it seems different craftsmanship. I'm afraid the ones Camilla wears are of inferior quality (or so it seems from the available pics).

ETA - Camilla's have 8 diamonds, the ones in the pic have 16 surrounding the turquoise.

On 15th September Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Gloucester visited the Civil Service Club. The Duchess met with members of staff, representatives of today’s modern Civil Service, and representatives of partner charities and organisations.

Note the Duchess' creative way with the fob chain! What do you think the red enamel and diamond pendant was originally used for?

*as a bonus two portraits of Elizabeth II in tbe background

20231001_153310.jpg
20231001_153319.jpg

On 15th September Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Gloucester visited the Civil Service Club. The Duchess met with members of staff, representatives of today’s modern Civil Service, and representatives of partner charities and organisations.

Note the Duchess' creative way with the fob chain! What do you think the red enamel and diamond pendant was originally used for?

*as a bonus two portraits of Elizabeth II in tbe background

20231001_153310.jpg
20231001_153319.jpg

HRH has made it very youthful
=)2

Tiara Watch!

Denmark will be hosting an 18th birthday gala for Prince Christian on 15 October. The dress code includes tiaras!

We might get some younger generation wearing tiaras, like Princess Ingrid Alexandra, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Orange, and maybe a tiara debut for Princess Alexia since she turned 18 over the summer!

1696270545395.png
Last week, The Duchess of Gloucester officially opened the ‘Treasures of Gold and Silver Wire’ at The Guildhall Art Gallery.As Honorary Liveryman of
@GSWD1693
, HRH toured the display and even saw some of the personal items she had loaned for the exhibition.

1696270545395.png
Last week, The Duchess of Gloucester officially opened the ‘Treasures of Gold and Silver Wire’ at The Guildhall Art Gallery.As Honorary Liveryman of
@GSWD1693
, HRH toured the display and even saw some of the personal items she had loaned for the exhibition.

I was coming here to post exactly that!
I thinknwe can say that the Duchess added a treasure of emeralds and pearls to the exhibition at the Guild hall :)
20231002_232429.jpg

Tiara Watch!

Denmark will be hosting an 18th birthday gala for Prince Christian on 15 October. The dress code includes tiaras!

We might get some younger generation wearing tiaras, like Princess Ingrid Alexandra, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Orange, and maybe a tiara debut for Princess Alexia since she turned 18 over the summer!

Actually, there are a few more to forward to!

- The wedding of Infanta Francisca de Bragança this Sunday (possibly foreign guests in tiaras; we know the bride will wear the Dom Luis diadem)
- Christian's birthday bash (including foreign royals in tiaras)
- State Visit from South Korea to the UK
- State Visit from the Netherlands to South Africa
- State Visit from Portugal to Belgium
- State Opening of (the UK) Parliament in early November (hopefully that one is restored to the pre-COVID glamor)

Tiara Watch!

So far we've only got confirmations from Sweden and Norway (sadly no Mette-Marit). It might turn into a Scandinavian-only occasion, like Daisy's Golden Jubilee, but we might also Christian's peers also attending. I sincerely hope that the Greeks and Berleburgs will be present in full force!

Just for fun — Daisy's birthday
20231003_184918.jpg

Frederik's official picture with his parents
E2S9TFtVcAM8YvB.jpeg

Ingrid-Alexandra and her peers
36998399d362-european-princesses.jpg

I'm sure most of the jewels are well-known around here!

Not a lot of royal jewels were on display, but the bride did shine at her wedding, held last Saturday at the Basilica and Palace of Mafra.

As previously mentioned, she wore the Dom Luís diadem - a wedding present from King Luís I to his daughter-in-law Amélie d'Orléans.

The fate of the tiara is somehow ambiguous, but it's generally accepted that Queen Amalia left the tiara to her godson, the current head of the Portuguese Royal House and father of Saturday's bride, Dom Duarte Pio.

1696940556246.png

its a great day to be Danish

Quite a contrast to how the Brits celebrated the coming of age of their future monarchs as far as I can remember.

The King's investiture as Prince of Wales was a day time affair, and the same is expected for William's, which I hope will be soon!

DK :))

Most has been covered by the video, so I'll just focus on what I think are the highlights from last night.

Mary has a new sapphire bracelet! I've dreamed of that so many times!
1697447628785.png

Can't not add The Queen for the sheer magnificence of her heirloom pearls and rubies!
1697447733794.png

The two great-aunts were lovely. Surprisingly, Queen Anne-Marie wore a long-unseen modern sapphire necklace (VCA, I beieve).
1697447797531.png

Amalia in the small sapphire tiara and coordinating jewels was a nice surprise, although I would've placed slightly more backwards, worn an updo and changed the neckline of her dress to let the fishnet necklace shir.
1697447887680.png

An honourable mention from last night - Ingrid Alexandra of Norway in heirloom pearls and diamonds.
The tiara was made/acquired for her great-greandmother around the turn of the century, while the earrings date back to Queen Josefina of Sweden and Norway.

1697451440860.png

And another interesting piece of royal jewelry - Queen Maud's badge of the Order of Victoria & Albert, which Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner converted into a bangle, was worn by Crown Princess Mette-Marit.
Princess Astrid, with all her love for family history, gave the bangle as a confirmation present to Ingrid-Alexandra, but so far only her mother has worn it.

1697452050240.png

Oh that brought tears to my eyes. Mary and Frederick married the same year as my husband and I then our daughter was born a few months before Christian so as an Australian I feel like our lives run parallel in a tiny way. What a lovely celebration For the Australian-Danes.

Princess Caroline wore her grandmother's sapphire set at the 60th AMADE Anniversary Dinner at Monte Carlo Opera Garnier a few days ago.
gettyimages-1735697450-2048x20480.jpg

Male Royal Jewels Alert!

The Danish court has released the first official gala portraits of Prince Christian. In the photos the Prince can be see wearing a set of dress buttons, which probably belonged to his late grandfather Prince Henrik. It has been confirmed that the badge of the Order of the Elephant was previously worn by Prince Hendrik.

1697550523697.png
1697550534087.png

In 2000 at Windsor
1697550556546.png

State Visit from Mexico in 2016
1697550620830.png

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP