Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bea out in the sun with her daughter

72214945-12203065-image-a-91_1686924661459.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I don't have access to the site. Might be geo blocked for some reason.
When is the listing from? Camilla has already worn her brooch in 2019 for a similar function.

@prince.of.preslav : this is the page content

A jewelled antique novelty bee brooch set with rubies, diamonds and tiger eye in gold and silver, designed as a bee with tiger abdomen, ruby eyes, and black enamel and diamond body, with further diamonds set in the wings. Length 3.2cm. Weight 11.05g.

Lot 148: A jewelled antique novelty bee brooch set with rubies, diamonds and tiger eye in gold and silver, designed as a bee with tiger abdomen, ruby eyes, and black enamel and diamond body, with further diamonds set in the wings. Length 3.2cm. Weight 11.05g.​

Est: £800 GBP - £1.200 GBP
Passed

Elmwood's
May 02, 2018London, United Kingdom

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
The history of the shamrock brooch by Cartier

The significance of Kate Middleton’s Cartier shamrock brooch​

The Princess of Wales wore the storied gold Cartier shamrock brooch at this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade. The piece has been worn in years past by Princess Anne and the Queen Mother
By Joshua Hendren
Princess Catherine took the salute as the Colonel of the Irish Guards for the first time at this year’s St Patrick’s Day celebrations in Aldershot, England.
Proving that the ever-elegant royal has more than settled into her new capacity as Princess of Wales, Kate stunned in a bespoke Catherine Walker coatdress with matching Gianvito Rossi pumps and a Jane Taylor London hat, topped off with a gold Cartier shamrock brooch that has a lengthy royal history.
Kate Middleton wears the Shamrock brooch at  the St. Patrick's Day Parade
Catherine, Princess of Wales attends the 2023 St. Patrick’s Day Parade wearing the gold Shamrock brooch (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
The brooch is spun in the shape of a shamrock, which is the symbol of Ireland, and set with tiny circular emerald at the centre, joining the three golden leaves.
What is so unique about the piece is that it reportedly isn’t owned by someone in the royal family. Rather, the brooch belongs to the Irish Guards and is loaned out to royal ladies who are associated with the regiment.
Kate Middleton wears the Shamrock brooch at the St. Patrick's Day Parade
Catherine, Princess of Wales attends the 2023 St. Patrick’s Day Parade wearing the gold Shamrock brooch (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
Despite being worn by numerous royal figures throughout history, the origin of the gold shamrock remains somewhat unclear. Some reports cite Queen Alexandra as the first owner of the brooch, but according to Up the Micks! An Illustrated History of the Irish Guards, a book written by James Wilson, which features a foreword by the Duke of Cambridge, the piece was designed by Cartier and then gifted to Princess Mary, Princess Royal, by the regiment in 1961.
When Princess Mary died, the brooch was purchased by the regiment at an auction of her personal jewellery, Wilson reveals. It was then worn by the Queen Mother.
Princess Anne at the St Patrick's Day Parade in 2009
Princess Anne, The Princess Royal visits the 1st Battalion Irish Guards on St Patrick’s Day Parade in 2009 wearing the gold Shamrock brooch (Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage)
Following the Queen Mother’s death in 2002, Princess Anne was seen wearing the pin at events related to the Irish Guard, such as the 2009 St Patrick’s Day Parade.
The Queen Mother arrives at the Irish Guards Centenary service of thanksgiving and commemoration in 2000
The Queen Mother arrives at the Irish Guards Centenary service of thanksgiving and commemoration in 2000 wearing the gold Shamrock brooch (Photo by John Stillwell/Getty Images)
As for the Princess of Wales, she was first photographed wearing the shamrock brooch at the Victoria Barracks in June of 2011, during a presentation of service medals.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
trooping of the colour via the trusty Telegraph
i was so tired after work yesterday i forgot all about it
i thought it was tonight
i have seen much critisim of the Queen's outfit on line so im watching it first
and i would never critise an outfit of a royal lady- who am i to judge
i just want more jewles

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prince-William-Kate-s-Kids-Steal-the-Show-at-Trooping-the-Colour-7.jpg

the back of the Princess of Wales hat
i rather love emballishmnet
Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds for the picture: I just found that Princess Beatrice's wedding band is a diamond platinum curved band by Shaun Leane (who also made her engagement ring)... I have always assumed that her wedding band was a traditional royal Welsh gold plain band.

Maybe its just the 'main' line who get the Welsh gold ?
if i remember correctly the origonal nugget got used up and another one had to be sourced for Kate's ring

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
shutterstock_editorial_13972912c.jpg

i like HM The Queen's hat too

Cahterine's hat reminds me of something Diana wore but i try not to compair family members because its not fare how that happens in families, everyone needs to live their own life, in their own time- although i do love when Kate wears Diana's jewlery

I love The Queens' earrings also
i feel because HM doesnt have her ears pierced its a real treat to see what earings she will wear

being of the '80's (I was born in 1971) i love emballishmnet
my best friend banned me from having a beadazler if you can remember those - they stuck rhinestones onto your clothes and were brought off an infermercial

now i need to see some close up's of The King
i mean who's offical) birthday is it ?!

the drum horse was a real beauty on parade, first time a 'lady' horse was used
had to laugh when little Prince Louise held his nose at the horse poo - thats certainly not the Windsor gene !
this was from the other day

Juno_150623_GettyImages-1258705319.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
58188dfe5b0b71535f0ab2f5b31e4cb9.jpg
i hope H has some nice memories of his family
queen-mother-with-princess-diana-at-trooping-the-colour-B4Y0NK.jpg

check out that brooch on the Queen mum
and look how big the family is on the balcony
i can hear the echo of the uninformed complaining about their tax dollars from here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
no jewels but something to wet our lips as we have Royal Ascot and then the order of the Garter coming up
72085301-0-image-m-2_1686667231318.jpg

i would so wear this
not that i want everyone looking at me but just because its so pretty
id wear it at my wedding (not that im getting a wedding )
and i dont usually even like pink

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
CP VIctoria attends a wedding
crown_princess_victoria04.jpg

crown_princess_victoria03.jpeg

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden attend wedding of Sara Westling, a cousin of Prince Daniel’s, at the Borg’s Church on 16 June 2023 in Norrköping, Sweden
crown_princess_victoria02.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
queen-rania-4803339.jpg

Queen Rania

of Jordan attended the King Hussein Cancer Foundation's Hope Gala Fundraiser​

of Jordan attended the King Hussein Cancer Foundation's Hope Gala Fundraiser​

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Maybe its just the 'main' line who get the Welsh gold ?
if i remember correctly the origonal nugget got used up and another one had to be sourced for Kate's ring

I don't think so, because her sister 's wedding band is a Welsh gold plain band.
About Princess Eugenie's wedding band:
Her band was made of pure Welsh gold and sat perfectly underneath her padparadscha sapphire engagement ring.
Members of the royal family have used the gold to create their wedding bands since the Queen Mother married the Duke of York on 26 April 1923 – and most are thought to be fashioned out of the Queen's personal collection from the Clogau St. David Gold Mine in Dolgellau, Wales.
0_Princess-Eugenie-wedding.jpg

Attachments

• princess-eugenie-12-20001-6ede52f9fff04a4aacd3b82dfb0765e7.jpg
    princess-eugenie-12-20001-6ede52f9fff04a4aacd3b82dfb0765e7.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 6

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

A jewelled antique novelty bee brooch set with rubies, diamonds and tiger eye in gold and silver, designed as a bee with tiger abdomen, ruby eyes, and black enamel and diamond body, with further diamonds set in the wings. Length 3.2cm. Weight 11.05g.

Lot 148: A jewelled antique novelty bee brooch set with rubies, diamonds and tiger eye in gold and silver, designed as a bee with tiger abdomen, ruby eyes, and black enamel and diamond body, with further diamonds set in the wings. Length 3.2cm. Weight 11.05g.​

Passed

Elmwood's

Thank you! Then we have the provenance or at least the source. Might it have been a present from the organisation? Although, Camilla is known to like insect brooches.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
CP Victoria wore costume earrings by Shourouk (repetead).
Shourouk+15.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• crown_princess_victoria01.jpeg.jpg
    crown_princess_victoria01.jpeg.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 7
  • vic29.jpg
    vic29.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 7

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Passed

Elmwood's

After comparing the the two, I noticed some key differences in the wings and the number of diamonds between the eyes.

See this close up of Camilla's https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=nahTVdNzh38zjjp5dEpQu9woC9ARgznWzb5soapGeco=

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results