carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
at the other end of the sparkly spectrum
HSH joined Prince Albert in Florence
69758475-11966023-Princess_Charlene_of_Monaco_proved_her_fashion_prowess_as_she_jo-a-5_1681331889436.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i missed the memo
the quest list will be more similar to a royal wedding than QEii's corrination 70 years ago
so kings and Queens will be on the quest lists, not heir apparents (excuse spelling)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
69715385-11961757-Queen_M_xima_of_the_Netherlands_made_a_bold_fashion_statement_wi-a-7_1681252199445.jpg

69718411-11961757-The_Dutch_Queen_looked_glamourous_in_her_crimson_gown_and_pearl_-a-8_1681252199445.jpg
69720689-11961757-Maxima_appeared_delighted_as_she_took_in_the_speeches_at_the_roy-a-14_1681252199447.jpg
69720711-11961757-Willem_Alexander_and_Brigitte_Macron_happily_toasted_one_another-a-3_1681252199442.jpg
69715373-11961757-The_royal_and_King_Willem_Alexander_55_wore_matching_sashes_ador-a-19_1681252199453.jpg

French President Macron's trip to Amsterdam and The Hague is the first state visit by a French leader since Jacques Chirac 23 years ago and underscores the close links between the Netherlands and France and the two leaders

I guess the president and Brigitte already had their outfit picked out for Charles and Camila :(2

Let's focus on the diamonds on display, not Macron's faux pas (again!).
Laurentien was there two, wearing the laurel tiara and Maxima's modern (Arabian?) earrings.
tumblr_4304b0349a34d8ca7a1c1d5b6a17ee70_3e692360_540.jpg

Are Brigitte's earrings GRAFF? I think they have a similar design.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the Daily mail is just foccusing on the clothes and not the event :(2

The Ateneo De Madrid was founded at the beginning of the 19th century.

During this time, political, social and cultural turmoil took place between 1808 and 1814 when the Napoleonic invasion occurred.
The event which was held to commemorate the centenary of the first Casa Del Libro bookshop.
69701371-11960323-Queen_Letizia_of_Spain_50_sported_the_Floral_Intarsia_Knit_Dress-a-18_1681217975559.jpg

69701375-11960323-Queen_Letizia_50_and_King_Felipe_VI_of_Spain_55_sat_in_the_front-a-19_1681217975560.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another French State Visit, another pair of blown up sleeves
WwNEwBOC4fUiHLZo6Zwe3A5H8WimuM6KAqfBv1kUVwDA.jpg

*the French MUST change the sash to a more narrow version. This male size looks ridiculous on women.

no soup on the menu ?
but it is very glamouse
and ultra sparkly

from a time before Disney princess were a thing

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is reported that the coronation attire is morning coats, military uniforms and morning dress for the ladies. As such, no tiaras for guests? Is this true..say it ain’t so! Will there be a formal dinner(s) for visiting dignitaries?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is reported that the coronation attire is morning coats, military uniforms and morning dress for the ladies. As such, no tiaras for guests? Is this true..say it ain’t so! Will there be a formal dinner(s) for visiting dignitaries?

SouthernTributekingscrownnapkinboxwhite_300x300.png

im sure there is a function for commonwealth represesntatives

also foreign royality (that might have tiaras but will we see pictures?)
especially as Kings and Queens seem to have been invited this time around
I read somewhere the King is planning an early night so maybe Princess Anne or Prince William is hosting

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
SouthernTributekingscrownnapkinboxwhite_300x300.png

im sure there is a function for commonwealth represesntatives

also foreign royality (that might have tiaras but will we see pictures?)
especially as Kings and Queens seem to have been invited this time around
I read somewhere the King is planning an early night so maybe Princess Anne or Prince William is hosting

The reception on Friday is for foreign heads of state (and their +1). It will probably be lounge suit/cocktail dress for those attending.
I still have some hope left that the dress code might include tiaras for the big day, but I fear they might go for working/non-working royals nonsense.

There's nothing planned (that we know of) for the evening of the Coronation, there might be a big white tie banquet that hasn't been announced yet.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup, that's what's been reported.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of banquet during the weekend, however, I have not read about it.

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
King-Charles-s-Crown-is-more-expensive-than-Kate-s-66million-necklace-4684977.jpg

the gutter press obsessed with costs of things purchases long long ago by long dead people

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, that's what's been reported.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of banquet during the weekend, however, I have not read about it.

DK :roll2:

im not making it up honest
i did read somehwre in an article that the king was ging to be early the night before

found it

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im not making it up honest
i did read somehwre in an article that the king was ging to be early the night before

found it

I know as I remember reading about that too, in that the King is having an early night before the big day.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know as I remember reading about that too, in that the King is having an early night before the big day.

DK :))

well the media is saturated with stories and a lot of fluff on the corrination
its hard to remember everything we have seen

i would onky remember this because the commonweath was named checked

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
King-Charles-s-Crown-is-more-expensive-than-Kate-s-66million-necklace-4684977.jpg

the gutter press obsessed with costs of things purchases long long ago by long dead people

That article made me both laugh and sad at the same time!
They speak of the Imperial State Crown, yet the pic is of the Imperial Crown of India. They mention that the "second most expensive jewel" in the Windsor vault is the Nizam necklace (late Art Deco by Cartier), yet completely omit the Cullinan III & IV brooch, which Camilla is set to wear as part of her Coronation Crown and which contains more than 150 cts in just two simple stones.
Seriously, these click bait articles can't be called journalism. I can point to a few IG accounts and forums that that can give a better estimate of the collection and actually reveal an interesting fact or two about the jewels based on research.

My share of wise words for the week - don't read this article.

*Edited for typos.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wearing an affordable Spanish dress to please her people
and wearing noticable earrings to please me
69783559-11968743-Queen_Letizia_also_smiled_as_she_greeted_people_who_were_lined_u-m-73_1681396506839.jpg

the Spanish Queen was in the south of Spain for Talent Tour and Prize Winner Announcement hosted by the Princess Girona Foundation

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
serously would it kill the princess to wear a tiny bit of jewlery ?

69780153-11968359-The_45_year_old_former_Olympic_swimmer_slipped_into_a_slick_sequ-a-12_1681400381024.jpg

HSH accompanies her husband Prince Albert, 65, for an evening out in Florence where he was gifted a portrait of his mother, the late Princess Grace

She didn't want to outshine her late mother-in-law, who is wearing a piece of fine jewellery in the watercolour on the left. :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They speak of tbe Imperial State Crown, yet the pic is of the Imperial Crown of India. They mention that "second most expensive jewel" in the Windsor vault is the Nizam necklace (late Art Deco by Cartier), yet completely omit the Cullinan III & IV brooch, which Camilla is set to wear as part of her Coronation Crown and which contains some than 150 cts in just two simple stones.
Seriously, these click bait articles can't be called journalism. I can point to a few IG accounts and forums that that can give a better estimate of the collection and actually reveal an interesting fact about the jewels.

this is why i do not trust huge swathes of the media -including in NZ
if they cant get something simple like this correct -that we know is wrong -how can i trust them on things i know nothing about

today i read an article about whom Gary calls the bad brother and half way down the aricle they are calling H Prince William

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They speak of tbe Imperial State Crown, yet the pic is of the Imperial Crown of India. They mention that "second most expensive jewel" in the Windsor vault is the Nizam necklace (late Art Deco by Cartier), yet completely omit the Cullinan III & IV brooch, which Camilla is set to wear as part of her Coronation Crown and which contains some than 150 cts in just two simple stones.
Seriously, these click bait articles can't be called journalism. I can point to a few IG accounts and forums that that can give a better estimate of the collection and actually reveal an interesting fact about the jewels.

it is true i never read it beyound the headline :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results