shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The first Heirloom of the Crown debut is here!
:eek2::appl::kiss2:

Queen Camilla is wearing the Albert brooch on third and last day of TM's State Visit to Germany. The brooch was supposedly made in Germany and purchased by Prince Albert for Queen Victoria prior to their wedding in 1840.
FsibofAaIAEz1pK

Better picture
338686846_1716968288718601_1728510167433308986_n.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
My sister was invited and shook his hand . I'm so jealous !!! The dresscode was "smart casual" though , so no opportunity to whip the finery , unfortunately

So jealous of your sister!
Which part of the State Visit was she invited to?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So jealous of your sister!
Which part of the State Visit was she invited to?
It was a meet & greet organised by the embassy , invitation via her work - atmosphere was rather rustic ( for lack of better words ) since it was a big event . She was relieved though , since she hates too stuffy dresscodes with a passion

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It was a meet & greet organised by the embassy , invitation via her work - atmosphere was rather rustic ( for lack of better words ) since it was a big event . She was relieved though , since she hates too stuffy dresscodes with a passion

Once again, I'm jealous of your sister!
I saw some pics from the event your sister attended and it seemed fun and down to earth.
I hope Charles and Camilla will visit Bulgaria for a chance to meet/see them up close.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get easily bored by the choker-honeycomb tiara combo
Prince-Charles-CHOGM_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqDyn_kzCs85o7bFJrmLDpe8LsToN_jfq7PGs1mvSmaxA.jpg

5-10.jpg

I much prefer it worn with a proper necklace
greville-boucheron-honeycomb-tiara-queen-mother-2276531.jpg

EKJ5wXzU8AAMBEl.jpg

And last night was sort of a repeat from earlier times, albeit with a different fringe around the neck.
Queen-Elizabeth-the-Queen-Mother.jpg

i feel so happy when i see the Queen mum

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first Heirloom of the Crown debut is here!
:eek2::appl::kiss2:

Queen Camilla is wearing the Albert brooch on third and last day of TM's State Visit to Germany. The brooch was supposedly made in Germany and purchased by Prince Albert for Queen Victoria prior to their wedding in 1840.
FsibofAaIAEz1pK

isnt this just wonderful
another Queen wears the Albert brooch
and nice for it to visit its homeland

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister was invited to one of the meet and greet events and shook his hand . I'm so jealous !!! The dresscode was "smart casual" though , so no opportunity to whip out the finery , unfortunately

before Charles married Diana (but while engaged) he visited my hometown and my parents were invited to the civic reception
my dad was very impressed how good his memory was as he worked the room after the reception line
my mum said he was very charming and that when he talked to you it was like for that moment you were the only person in the room
I'm pretty sure mum's string of pearls were purchesed for that particular civic function

i wish my mum was still alive to see the corination
they were both in primary school for the last one and both were just old enough to remember it and having a big day off school at the racetrack for all the school kids from the whole city

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
not fine jewlery but thats ok
69225565-0-image-a-33_1680044180362.jpg

The new portrait of King Charles III was painted in oils by artist Alastair Barford, a former QEST - Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust - scholar, in a nod to the King's late mother, Queen Elizabeth II
Wearing a suit and a bracelet given to him by an indigenous Amazon leader, this is the first official portrait released of King Charles III.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A portrait by artist and Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust scholar Alastair Barford painted of the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 to mark her becoming Britain's longest-reigning monarch

• A portrait by artist and Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust scholar Alastair Barford painted of the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 to mark her becoming Britain's longest-reigning monarch
69225569-0-image-a-44_1680044301853.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II is wearing the George IV diadem and is holding the sceptre in her right hand which rests, with the Imperial State Crown, on a table to the left, in this portrait from 1953

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry off topic but was this an April fools day joke ?
as its slightly outside the paramaters of this thread
929a9f1c-6b1b-4bb6-ab7f-c1d0cb21625f.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
A portrait by artist and Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust scholar Alastair Barford painted of the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 to mark her becoming Britain's longest-reigning monarch's longest-reigning monarch

• A portrait by artist and Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust scholar Alastair Barford painted of the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 to mark her becoming Britain's longest-reigning monarch
69225569-0-image-a-44_1680044301853.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II is wearing the George IV diadem and is holding the sceptre in her right hand which rests, with the Imperial State Crown, on a table to the left, in this portrait from 1953

The new portrait of King Charles III was painted in oils by artist Alastair Barford, a former QEST - Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust - scholar, in a nod to the King's late mother, Queen Elizabeth II
Wearing a suit and a bracelet given to him by an indigenous Amazon leader, this is the first official portrait released of King Charles III.

Well, Mr. Barford should be commissioned to do the entire family.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
:sigh:

Why are her clothes so badly fitted?! Not just this outfit but others too!

DK :roll2:

This is exactly what I think when I see pictures of her. Does she not have a single friend to tell her to buy the next size up and have it tailored to her body? Has she never looked at a fashion magazine? Does she look in the mirror and actually think that this looks well fitted?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks marganilly ok sitting down but it reminds me of a yellow raincoat and over-trou
This is exactly what I think when I see pictures of her. Does she not have a single friend to tell her to buy the next size up and have it tailored to her body? Has she never looked at a fashion magazine? Does she look in the mirror and actually think that this looks well fitted?

its kind of sad isnt it
:sigh:

Why are her clothes so badly fitted?! Not just this outfit but others too!

DK :roll2:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

It's a beautiful portrait and the indigenous bracelet is an unexpected touch. I also get a de Lazslo vibe from the artist's works, particularly the Queen's in Garter robes.
4cce39abdc43da17b000242d8b88a22d.jpg 1-20191030143259170_web.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fs5iXavXoAEPSZr

fs5hqolwyamnr2x-1-a3a0e41c.jpeg

“Queen Camilla is the appropriate title to set against King Charles on the invitation. The Coronation is an appropriate time to start using ‘Queen Camilla’ in an official capacity.
All former Queen Consorts have been known as Queen plus their first name.”
The new portrait released on Wednesday was taken last month in the Blue Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace by Hugo Burnand, who will also take their official Coronation photographs.

Camilla wears a Fiona Clare dress with a diamond clasp pearl necklace and pearl earrings.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Fs5iXavXoAEPSZr

fs5hqolwyamnr2x-1-a3a0e41c.jpeg

“Queen Camilla is the appropriate title to set against King Charles on the invitation. The Coronation is an appropriate time to start using ‘Queen Camilla’ in an official capacity.
All former Queen Consorts have been known as Queen plus their first name.”
The new portrait released on Wednesday was taken last month in the Blue Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace by Hugo Burnand, who will also take their official Coronation photographs.

Camilla wears a Fiona Clare dress with a diamond clasp pearl necklace and pearl earrings.

All very nice until you realise that guest have been asked to dress in military uniforms, morning dress or lounge suits, which eliminates the chance for tiaras and other grand jewels for ladies.
I had hopes for something along the lines of the Japanese Enthronement, alas...

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
All very nice until you realise that guest have been asked to dress in military uniforms, morning dress or lounge suits, which eliminates the chance for tiaras and other grand jewels for ladies.
I had hopes for something along the lines of the Japanese Enthronement, alas...

I care not. I will be wearing my tiara and a gown.

Might see Mathilde of Belgium get around it by wearing her wedding tiara as a necklace. She did that at William and Catherine's wedding. Mary of Denmark could wear her wedding tiara in its necklace setting too.

I will be wearing a tiara Saturday night. My little princess (if little counts as 15 years old) and I are going to see the musical "Anastasia!"

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I care not. I will be wearing my tiara and a gown.

Might see Mathilde of Belgium get around it by wearing her wedding tiara as a necklace. She did that at William and Catherine's wedding. Mary of Denmark could wear her wedding tiara in its necklace setting too.

I will be wearing a tiara Saturday night. My little princess (if little counts as 15 years old) and I are going to see the musical "Anastasia!"

Im not sure Queen Mathilde will be there ?
non-commonwealth monarches are usually represented by their heirs, the new King or Queen need to be top dog at their own corination, thats why i cant understand the speculation that Joe Bieden will or wont be there because he is a HoS (a top dog)
some Euro heirs are quite young so it will be interesting to see who goes, Princess Lanore of Spain is 17

it should have been an excitting tiara moment for everyone but the BRF have the ever loudly moaning vocal minority to content with via the Guardian so we have to slim the bling down
what's the point of owning a tiara (obveously this is a general comment and not intended to you Lady Maria) if you can't wear it to a once in a lifetime corination

the Euros might not do corinations but they seem to have more tiara events
gone are the days when royal ladies would wear tiaars to the theater
this is sad because its happened within my lifetime

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Im not sure Queen Mathilde will be there ?
non-commonwealth monarches are usually represented by their heirs, the new King or Queen need to be top dog at their own corination, thats why i cant understand the speculation that Joe Bieden will or wont be there because he is a HoS (a top dog)
some Euro heirs are quite young so it will be interesting to see who goes, Princess Lanore of Spain is 17

it should have been an excitting tiara moment for everyone but the BRF have the ever loudly moaning vocal minority to content with via the Guardian so we have to slim the bling down
what's the point of owning a tiara (obveously this is a general comment and not intended to you Lady Maria) if you can't wear it to a once in a lifetime corination

the Euros might not do corinations but they seem to have more tiara events
gone are the days when royal ladies would wear tiaars to the theater
this is sad because its happened within my lifetime

Good point on Mathilde. You also bring to light an interesting conundrum....quite a few heirs are young (Netherlands, Belgium, Spain). I wonder who Luxumbourg will send since Stephanie just had a baby. Could see the Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish heirs though.

Still wish they would be in tiaras.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results