shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another shot from the same sesion. The jewels worn are: The Diamond diadem, The Greville chandelier earrings, The London fringe necklace (it isn''t convertable), the bottom section of Queen Mary''s stomacher, possibly a pair of diamond bangles and a Cartier watch. Also HM wears the diamond star of The Garter and ofcoure her ering.

qeiiear2.JPG

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
When I remember right it's the London Necklace, which HM received as (wedding ?) gift from the city of London, in a fringe style, which could not be converted into a tiara (most of this designs could).
The earings are those with "every modern cut diamonds" from the Greville estate, and the brooch is the lower part of the large triple Queen Mary stomacher (HM wore it complete during the for her Golden Jubilee diner at Windsor Castle 2002 -)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Camilla wore it again! This time at the Charity Royal Film Premier of ''The Lovely Bones'' on November 24 at the Odeon Leicester Square, London. This time she also wore the earrings from the set. I''m not sure but I think that we last saw them at The PoW''s 60th birthday gala last year.

610yukyukx.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Alexander, you''re right about the jewels HM''s wearing.

Here is Elizabeth II in Ely, England attending the 900th anniversary celebrations of the Diocese of Ely at Ely Cathedral on 19th November. Does anyone know the provenance or the name of this brooch? It''s lovely:

61078uklx.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
From 24 to 26 November The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are visiting Bermuda. After that thay are going to pay a State Vsit to Trinidad and Tobago. Here is a photo from day one in Bermuda - the Queen and one of QEQM''s brooches (a gift from Lilibet):

bermudaNov09.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Day two - the large rose brooch from the Nizam of Hyderabad tiara:

16741060.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The King and Queen of Norway are on a Stay Visit to South Africa. There was a state banquet and The Queen wore Queen Maud’s Malteser Tiara withowt the crosses, two rivieres and a pair of old diamond earrings:

00611_11455625_122_585lo.jpg

melissacutie

Rough_Rock
i might as well get a prince or at least somebody who belongs to the royal family as my husband to have these kinds of heirlooms too hahahahahaha!! but the question is, is there anyone right there who''ll marry me??? LOL!
31.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 10:33:02 AM
Author: alexander1917
it''s the Pearl Quatrefoil Brooch brooch

Why is it ''Quatrefoil'' since there are only three leafs?

Anyway, I knew I had this one somewhere - a front view of The Queen wearing the third part of Queen Mary''s stomacher. Isn''t she radiant? And the jewels are just breathtaking, aren''t they?

QeII_bottom_stomacher.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And a photo from the visit to Bermuda - Granny''s Tiara, The Festoon necklace and (surprisingly!) The Queen Mother''s floret earrings! As far as I can remember the earrings, favourites of Queen Elizabeth, were a gift from George VI.

2009-1125-britain-elizabeth2.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
may just a name...don''t know, all I find...

nice to see this earrings back in light!!

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of HM wearing Queen Mary''s stomacher from the Jubilee celebration in 2002? Would love to see that. Have only seen black and white photos of Queen Mary and nothing in color.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
and during the Golden Jubilee Diner at Windsor Castle 2002 there is a bette view of the stomacher from the same sitting, but I didn''t found it yet

79689064xy.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Don't you think that the somacher looked a bit awkward with that dress? Also, isn't it positioned too close to the edge of the dress and the pendant of the Nizam necklace?
The Queen and stomacher:

Queenp20520200220golden20jubilee.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is a picture of the stomacher from Leslie Field''s book ''The Queen''s jewels'':

Queen Mary’s stomacher.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last night I was looking at photos of Elizabeth and Philip's wedding and tought when we might see the fringe tiara again and today - Surprise!

Elizabeth II wore Queen Mary's fringe tiara at the State banquet in T&T!

Personaly I think that the hairdo and the ruby jewels weran't the best choice (diamonds wolud've looked better), but it is nice to see another of The Quenn Mother's favourites again.
I think that there is another banquet, so we can expect some more glitter!

305533216.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Yes I think, the dress is to colourful for the stomacher, may a darker would do better (blue, red or so)

is really this real? looks more like a bad pc photo programm :(( May there was again some difficulty with the energy support.....

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 11:20:57 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Don''t you think that the somacher looked a bit awkward with that dress? Also, isn''t it positioned too close to the edge of the dress and the pendant of the Nizam necklace?
The Queen and stomacher:
I agree; It looks a bit busy with the patterned dress and the stomacher and the it almost looks like its an oversized pendand of the necklace... But it''s nice to see a stomacher out and about; I don''t think I''ve seen any royalties this side of 1950 wearing a stomacher, except of course Queen Elizabeth.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
does anyone have photos of anyone wearing a stomacher except for the last few generations of English royals (queen mum, QEII, queen mary, etc.)? Would love to see other examples.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
the stomacher comes into fashion into the 15th century...it not really vanished but was sometimes out of fashion, during the late victorian and edwardian period it came back into fashion. QM got in may eyes the best way to show her jewels, and of course stomachers.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Elizabeth II at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at the Hyatt Hotel in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad And Tobago on November 27, 2009. HM is wearing The GGB&I tiara, Nizam necklace, diamond pendant earrings, a wide bracelet (both were possibly Queen Mary''s), a diamond wrist watch and the diamond star of The Order of the Garter.

Don''t you think that during this tour of Bermuda and T&T The Queen has worn jewels associated with her wedding 62 years ago?

610oox.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 6:03:23 PM
Author: alexander1917
the stomacher comes into fashion into the 15th century...it not really vanished but was sometimes out of fashion, during the late victorian and edwardian period it came back into fashion. QM got in may eyes the best way to show her jewels, and of course stomachers.

That''s right, Alexander. Do you know if Queen Alexandra wore stomachers like Queen Mary? I''ve only seen her wearing large brooches on her corsage. The same applies to the late Queen Mother.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And speacing of Queens and corsage brooches here is the only picture of EII wearing The Chips the way her beloved Granny did. Lovely, don''t you think?

QU_d_chips.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 1:31:00 PM
Author: laurensmama
does anyone have photos of anyone wearing a stomacher except for the last few generations of English royals (queen mum, QEII, queen mary, etc.)? Would love to see other examples.

Wel, the Dutch and Danish royal families come to mind when speaking about stomachers.

Here is Queen Beatrix in 1981 wearing a sapphire dovant-de-corsage that probably belonged to Queen Wilhelmina:

beatrix.jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The absolutely regal Queen Ingrid of Denmark wearing a diamon, pearl and ruby stomacher:

Queen_Ingridwaitsforguests.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results