shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher Eye Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The steps are there but there is a couple things going on:

1: focus and focal lenth. the camera is just bluring them all together.
2. ra''s due to the extra facets each step is a lot smaller so they dont stand out as much.
3. by the looks of it the crown height is likely in the 18%+ range which can mask the pattern except in the best lighting.

I think the ra really starts to slightly pull ahead of more classic cut asschers at the 3-4 ct size point.
In the under 2ct range they atleast to me appear too busy and the steps dont stand out enough.
But to each there own because I know there are people who love their 1ct RA''s who totaly disagree with me.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 2:59:28 PM
Author: valeria101
Date: 7/26/2005 1:52:35 PM

Author: Mara

i thought all RA''s would have a real mile deep look to them? or maybe it''s just the pix, hard to tell?

Hm... can''t be sure (of anything), but the ''mile deep'' look might well be an artifact of diffuse lighting (like the sellers around here use to show the arrows og H&As). The RAs are cut rather different - the extra steps get rid of contrast brilliance (no black under the IdealScope) . Besides, these pictures are relatively small.

STRM, where does the ''mile deep'' wording comes from anyway ?

From a random website when I was studying asschers.
It described what I was seeing to a T so I borrowed it.
I dont know the history of the term when it comes to asschers havent cared enough to hunt it down because it fits what I see in the best of the asschers Iv seen.

The look does show up best under difused and indirect lighting with the small steps and very high crown the RA''s are cut with it shows up in a rather narrow range of lighting due to the lack of contrast.

With asschers there is always a trade off of white light return vs patterns but the cutting that makes for nice patterns increases colored light return or fire.
I will take good patterns and fire in asschers over white light return anyday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got it ...hmm more food for thought.
31.gif

gemini646

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 1:24:57 PM
Author: ecf8503
Second flower shot:

I can now officially claim ownership of my ring!!!

ecf8503 is my daughter, and she took these great pictures of my ring during our last visit together.... telling me that she was going to post them on a diamond site. I''d never heard of these sites before - but now I''m totally hooked!! SUCH GORGEOUS STUFF!! I could just drool all day long......

I look forward to many happy hours, spent "oohing" and "aahing" and learning on Pricescope!!

Gemini 646
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Gemini!!!

So nice to meet the owner of that fabulous ring!
18.gif

Welcome
35.gif

widget

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for you and your ring! Welcome to Pricescope.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gemini!
35.gif
Absolutely fantastic ring
30.gif
! I cannot believe I missed it the first time around. So nice to see a new face, welcome and enjoy alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the eye candy!

gemini646

Rough_Rock
Hey guys! Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!!

I''m beginning to feel right at home here!

Gemini

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results