shape
carat
color
clarity

Roval ring v 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kaylagee!

I''m a little late getting into this thread. Gorgeous rings, of course...just gorgeous!
18.gif

I''ve got a few YG rings that I just don''t wear very much any more. Sometimes I think I''ll just pack ''em all into the jeweler and have them rhodium plated, other times I think I''ll wait for YG to come back into U.S. fashion again....

Are you living in the US permanently now (CA?)...or are you here for the baby and then back to France?

BTW, congrats on being preggers!
30.gif

1.gif
widget

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
How did we all miss THIS???
23.gif
6.gif

I think your rings are just awesome! Love the YG too...
30.gif
3.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Still gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2005 3:51:47 PM
Author: kaylagee

Date: 8/1/2005 3:25:15 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Kaylagee

beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
love those YG.
36.gif

Thanks DFire! I keep hearing/reading rumours of yellow gold coming back in style but still WG/Plat seems to be the favorite around here!
10.gif

I remember lots of yellow gold in the eighties here in the US but lately it seems soo out of fashion.
20.gif

In France I still see lots of YG jewelry. esp 18/21/24k.... even vermeil is quite popular and surprisingly expensive there!
yep....YG will make a come back in couple yrs.back in the 80''s.i remember seeing like a 4 to 1 ratio in favorite of YG settings.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 4:42:58 PM
Author: widget
Hi Kaylagee!

I''m a little late getting into this thread. Gorgeous rings, of course...just gorgeous!
18.gif

I''ve got a few YG rings that I just don''t wear very much any more. Sometimes I think I''ll just pack ''em all into the jeweler and have them rhodium plated, other times I think I''ll wait for YG to come back into U.S. fashion again....

Are you living in the US permanently now (CA?)...or are you here for the baby and then back to France?

BTW, congrats on being preggers!
30.gif

1.gif
widget

35.gif
Hi Widget, Thanks for the compliments and well-wishes! I was here to visit, then to have the baby(I didn''t find out I was pg until after the holidays! It was a bit of a surprise...) initally but since we''re almost done with the first phase of DH''s immigration hoop-jumping...we''re strongly considering moving here...finally.

I love being closer to my family and it''s more convenient IMO in the US. Ahhh, glorious changing tables in bathrooms, elevators/ramp access/high chairs in most restaurants?! Very difficult to find in Pareee. A total pain.

We all may go back to Paris for a visit around Dec or Jan but the thought of making that trip w/ a baby and toddler is a horror. My in-laws are coming here in October anyway, so it''s not absolutely necessary but I have a couple of friends I''d love to see. I''ve been here since January and DH has been flying back and forth. He''s looking into work here (Graphic Design and Websites) and is much more enthusiastic than before about relocating.

The cliche of the international rel''p is that one person really wants citizenship/residency but in our case neither wanted the other''s country...we''ve been around and around about it.

I do share some of dh''s concerns about settling here, mainly: diff. in educational quality(California is low-ranking in the US..and the US is well, just-plain rank compared worldwide for schools)

...also racial madness here: In France, no one blinks at me & dh together (or for that matter at me and DS... he doesn''t really resemble me at all... he''s closer to his dad''s looks & coloring than mine... I guess thanks to my Euro ancestry popping up. I''ve actually had several people ask if he''s my son! grrrrr.)

So, I do love that France feels much more socially comfortable re: ''race''. The S.F. Bay Area is one of the better places to be, very multi-culti & all... but not as relaxed as Paris.

The rhodium plating idea is interesting. Do you find you can wear white metal and yellow equally well? Maybe I''m just a Color Me Beautiful(seasonal color theory-typing..Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer etc...very popular in the 80s?) disciple but my orangey-gold undertones basically lock me into YG.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jennifer & Stretch!!
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I took this pic for sarita''s upgrade topic but, as you can see there''s very little detail.

It is kinda groovy tho''. Looks like the ring is dissolving, burning,... smoking?
26.gif
LOL!

groovyroval.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful!
36.gif
I love all the bands you have so you can mix and match. They are so fun!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring kayla...it's sooo beautiful and very unique. Not the typical halo, and I love how the YG sets off the diamonds' whiteness. That first pic on this thread is the BEST!
30.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don''t know how I missed this thread! Your rings are gorgeous, kayla, & I love how you can mix & match bands! The YG looks fabulous on your hand & the setting is so unique & lovely. it really makes your diamond pop! And the bezel set shank--yum!

Congrats on your pregnancy!
36.gif

rae

Rough_Rock
Kaylagee,

I would love to see pics of the two eternity rings plus the two plain YG bands plus the ering... any chance??
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2005 7:53:16 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
They are beautiful!
36.gif
I love all the bands you have so you can mix and match. They are so fun!

Thanks!! I totally lucked out( for a while at least
20.gif
... my sob story to follow)!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2005 1:49:49 AM
Author: Mara
I love your ring kayla...it's sooo beautiful and very unique. Not the typical halo, and I love how the YG sets off the diamonds' whiteness. That first pic on this thread is the BEST!
30.gif

It was a totally lucky shot! I give the Powerbook some of credit..it all makes for sort of a nerdy glamour shot! Lol! It's my favorite photo so far too!

Yes, sometimes I'm not sure if the ring has a proper 'halo' or if it's more of a bed..a frame? Depends on the viewing angle too I guess. I'm glad you appreciate it!! High compliment from a sister in the diamondcraze!
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2005 1:52:11 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Wow, I don''t know how I missed this thread! Your rings are gorgeous, kayla, & I love how you can mix & match bands! The YG looks fabulous on your hand & the setting is so unique & lovely. it really makes your diamond pop! And the bezel set shank--yum!

Congrats on your pregnancy!
36.gif

Thanks for the congrats BrightS! I''m into that heavy phase. I miss being able to just put my feet up, rest and read like when i was preg w/ds. I''m running around so much more(how can one child have so much energy?!) and feeling exhausted most of the time. Dh will be back next week, so I''m planning to stay on the couch or in bed with my laptop catching up on PS topics and scouring for eye candy.
9.gif

Thanks for the ring compliments too! I initially thought of going with something more simple(i love artsy bezel set rings like Alex Sepkus & Etienne Perret... spelling?) but that 10-15 year agreement(dh was supposed to get a break from any uprgrade madness for this period) got the best of me and I went for something a little sparklier.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2005 5:28:33 AM
Author: rae
Kaylagee,

I would love to see pics of the two eternity rings plus the two plain YG bands plus the ering... any chance??
9.gif

So would I!! Two of my rings..(my real wedding band from the ceremony..on the far left and one of the eternities are totally MIA.)

I was putting on lotion in the car the other day and haven''t seen them since! We''ve looked *everywhere* & II keep praying they''ll show up but so far, no such luck.
38.gif

I''m begining to think I jinxed myself by taking the pictures or it''s my whole spacey(well spacier than usual LOL!) preggie brain. Also, my mom has been warning me about removing rings in public for lotion and sunscreen forever! There was a topic here too somewhere about this sort of thing I think.

I''m esp. sick about the wedding band because it was Estate/ from old jeweler''s stock(''50s or 60s? era) so I haven''t seen another one like it yet. I have to try get more info on it from the shop.

So any other requests I can do but my team is dissolving. At least I''ll be more careful with my e-rings now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results