shape
carat
color
clarity

Roval ring v 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
(It''s v 1.0 because the prongs and height need to be adjusted. However, the basics are in place and I''m pleased with the overall result.)

GIA 2.05 ct. Oval (aka Roval), H VS2, 63.2%depth 59%table, 9.31 x 7.42 x 4.66, no fluor. Premium cut

14k YG four-prong, custom setting with pave frame and six 2.5mm RB - aprx. .46 ctw

14k YG bezel-set eternity band - .71 ctw. All from local jewelers.

on puter.jpg

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
wow! Looks amazing!
30.gif

30.gif
Can you post more pics pleeeaaassseeee
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

nonails.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s so icey white Kay. Me likes!
9.gif

Soooo what are you doing with all your RB''s- have you gone over to the "fancy" side?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Me likes too!!! Beautiful!!!! I LOVE them!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so unique and lovely! I''m so loving your bezel-set band. To die for!
10.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Actually, when we selected my e-ring I really wanted an oval or ec but I chickened out and chose an rb. Also, the overt sparkle won out...I hadn''t yet developed an appreciation for the subtler cuts like Ecs, ovals, OECs, OMCs.

Good question Sevens. LOL! - There are just three RBs now: the 1.08 J(e-ring), 1.05 H(from mom) and the .30 H-I?(from dad). I''m going to put the 1.08 and 1.03s away for DS & D?( We''re expecting again... I''m due early Sept! arrrgh morning sickness... blech!)

The .30 I don''t know. I thought about finding a match for earrings(I''d love dangling leverbacks but with grabby DS, studs are more practical & safe for now. ), but that''s for a bit later.

I returned the 1.65 and 1.30(? can''t remember the exact weights) because I wasn''t in love with them. I guess I wanted something different.

One day, I''d love a 3ct+ EC but that''s decades off I''m sure. Certainly after the lipo and tummy tuck. LOL!

40.gif
37.gif

onlamp.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! the band reminded me of a Mona Taner bezel eternity ring I saw in the January Bazaar magazine in white gold. She does the coolest stack bands.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
KG, i love it! i love the shape of the oval (not too skinny or too fat) Roval i think you called it, cool! congrats on the new home for your oval
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
And congratulations on expecting again!! When are you due? Morning sickness is the worst, hopefully it won''t last for too much longer. I said it before, i''ll say it again, I just love your wedding set, it''s gorgeous!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
"Roval" - I read it first in one of Valeria''s(Ana''s) posts. Then the other night, I heard it from a host on the Gem Shopping(?) channel describing a sapphire. yes, I''m insane. I''m up in the middle of the night sipping ginger beer(it''s non-alcoholic), munching pretzels and watching jewelry spin around on a little mirrored tray. I''m sure dh is glad that he had to leave for work in France. He''d be going crazy.

I''m due aprx. September 14th. (my mom''s brithday is the 18th!) Thanks for the well-wishes! I got to see our little alien on the ultrasound yesterday. LOL! It''s so incredible!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats all ''round! Big oval fan here--your set is really gorgeous...........................

cheers--Sharon

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!
30.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Kaylagee: Congrats! What a unique setting. Wow, look at that fire.
10.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
"Roval" hee hee, lol.
Wow, I don''t know if you actually need to get a 3ct... this one looks HUGE!! The stone looks brilliant, andI love the originality of the setting.
Nicely done!
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you all like the design!! You still never know until you actually get it on your hand, so I''m relieved that the prongs were the only thing that bothered me!

Kaili - " I don''t know if you actually need to get a 3ct. "...my husband asked you to tell me that, right?
2.gif
LOL! It might look a bit larger because it''s a 4.75. I was a 4.5- I can still wear them but this allows for some swelling. Hopefully I''ll be able to wear it longer too..before I turn into the Michelin woman. For now, it''s a bit loose(esp. on my right hand...I''m left-handed.) but it won''t slip over the knuckle unaided.

I''ve had a hard evening of toddler wrangling so I''m off to bed.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!! I really appreciate it! -kayla

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
WOW KAY! That is so gorgeous. I love the ''roval'' shape LOLOLOL! The setting is just plain stunning. Congrats on your new baby too!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What cool rings! I love how the band seems to go right up to the roval. Very neat. Congratulations on a beautiful set and on the baby!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Here are a few new shots of v 2.0. The prongs have been shortened by half, so the roval is nice and low now.
36.gif
phew! The ring feels much more secure to wear. I was certain that I''d knock it out of those original crooked stilts.
38.gif
The prongs are much straighter as well.

The sun was out so I managed to capture a few flashes in the process!

30.gif

roval2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
In the cause of enjoying what I have(and hopefully combatting DiamondShrinkageSyn), & also having access to another camera for the day - here are few new Roval pics.

I thought these would be much better(superior cam) but they''re still a bit hazy. grrrrr. I still have so much trouble photographing jewelry!
38.gif

*it looks smaller IRL & I don''t think it''s only my PriceScoped brain. I am convinced that cameras add 10 pounds(points?) to diamonds too.
37.gif

First one is Roval alone... hand in classic Paw Pose - Oh so convenient for hiding heinous nails!
5.gif

1rovjuly05.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
* looking a bit jaundiced here

2jaunrovjul05.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Last one - featuring my wonderful, uber-sausagey, preggie fingers.
40.gif
On the plus side, rov is looking less peepeepot in this shot.
41.gif

3sausagerovjul05.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaylagee

beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
love those YG.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey kalagee,

i don''t know how i missed this thread
33.gif
anyway, you have such a cool and unique setting. The yg makes your stone look so bright and white and we don''t mind the preggy fingers
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love the contrast of the yellow gold and the white diamonds with your skin. It really makes everythign pop and look brigther and prettier. You set is so lvoely and orignal. Congratulations on your little, 6 weeks left good luck!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 3:25:15 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Kaylagee

beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
love those YG.
36.gif

Thanks DFire! I keep hearing/reading rumours of yellow gold coming back in style but still WG/Plat seems to be the favorite around here!
10.gif

I remember lots of yellow gold in the eighties here in the US but lately it seems soo out of fashion.
20.gif

In France I still see lots of YG jewelry. esp 18/21/24k.... even vermeil is quite popular and surprisingly expensive there!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 8:18:37 AM
Author: mrssalvo
hey kalagee,

i don''t know how i missed this thread
33.gif
anyway, you have such a cool and unique setting. The yg makes your stone look so bright and white and we don''t mind the preggy fingers
2.gif

Thanks mrsalvo!
9.gif
I''m surprised they still go on and off (unless it''s a very hot day). Last pg, I was already wearing my wedding band on a chain by now!
40.gif
41.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 10:04:45 AM
Author: Matatora
I love the contrast of the yellow gold and the white diamonds with your skin. It really makes everythign pop and look brigther and prettier. You set is so lvoely and orignal. Congratulations on your little, 6 weeks left good luck!

Thanks Mat!! Believe me, I''ve tried quite a few WG/plat ring but it''s just not the same on me. I do envy how white metals can take a lot of carats and just look vintage-y or just spectacular but it seems that it''s diff for YG. I wanted something sort of old-school but I didn''t want it too Viva Las Vegas. Some days I think it worked...but on other days well.. (cue the Elvis music).
5.gif

I can''t believe it''s so soon but then again I''m huge already!
9.gif
I can''t wait to meet this little guy(who''s kicking up a storm). If only I could skip over this whole labor-childbirth thing-y. LOL!

That stork theory is sounding really appealing right now!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Some of Roval's/Rover's(it's name on the days when really I want a new ring...hee) pals.

On the far left is my orig wed. band... the photo doesn't show all of the engraving(marquise alternating with clovers) and tiny milgrain edging.

Next is my concession to the WG trend. It also has some milgrain but a bit less fine.

Diamond band one - twin to the band on the end.

Between them are a pair of YG bands that fit well on either side of the ering and keep it from moving(they sort of lock in under the frame).

I mix them in all different ways. I was inspired by the A. Hepburn set of bands. There's a two-tone at Bill Barnes that I want too. Will try to find photo.

bandobands2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results