shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamond Proportions - Slightly thick and high table, does it matter?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's not my favorite stone, but it's not terrible either. I think this is destined to end poorly from all the info you've given.

uphone

Rough_Rock
it's not my favorite stone, but it's not terrible either. I think this is destined to end poorly from all the info you've given.

This stone falls within all recommended guidelines (except for a higher table and slightly thick girdle), including complimentary pavilion guidelines, triple ex rating. It also scores a 1.4 on the HCA with excellent in all categories and very good in spread. Is there anything specific from the numbers or videos that hints that this will not perform relatively well besides optical symmetry?

End poorly? I've said I will get it independently examined before payment. Let me know if there are any other steps I should take to make sure there are no issues.

uphone

Rough_Rock
Hint: click on the diamond in the video and you can spin it slowly by moving the mouse.

The basic numbers which are not that reliable from GIA puts it ags1 which is the second step in the AGS grading system.
It means basically above average but not the best cut.
The pictures are useless.
The video shows some irregularities in face up optical symmetry but otherwise supports the base numbers.
Everything is pointing towards an above average but not spectacular diamond.
All that is just my opinion.

Which brings us to the issue of the price which has already been well covered above.

Based on this AGS chart for the 59% table, 35 crown angle and 40.6 pavilion angle, it sits as AGS Ideal.
https://www.diamondscreener.com/wp-content/uploads/reference/agsl_proportion_charts.pdf

Is there another chart or resource I should be looking at?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

uphone

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for everyones input. Just got back from a vacation and am looking to finalize my ring within the next week before April 1st. My wholesaler got back to me, and I think there was a confusion in the messaging with all the different stones. It was actually $11,800 for the stone instead of the $10,900 I originally stated. I also found another stone I'm interested in from an online retailer. These are the final prices and specs of each stones. Which stone is better for the money? Not sure which one to go with.

I saw the 1.64 H VS1 in-person, under the loupe I was able to see some of the black marks on the table, but looked eye-clean without it. I haven't seen the 1.65 H VS2 in-person, but provided a video. Retailer said it might look cloudy because it needs a cleaning, but it comes with 30 day return policy since I haven't seen it in-person.

Wholesaler Connection

Online Retailer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results