shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant 1.70 in an oval halo??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just replied to this on your other thread. :) My answer is no, I have never seen anyone do that and I do not think it would look good at all. When the other person mentioned a cushion halo, it means the setting is designed for a round in the center but the halo is cushion shaped. There are no gaps as the halo fits around the center diamond.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i really dont like it that way.

that setting is made for an oval, and the gaps just at the top and bottom look odd and unintentional.

If you want an oval shape for a round stone, something like this make a lot more sense
uploadfromtaptalk1424637493299.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just say no. There's a ton of round settings out there, they can order one in. Send the diamond to one of the PS vendors and they can set it for you, quick like bunnies.

This jeweler sounds like trouble in the making.

Mia1723

Rough_Rock
Thank you both! I've tried on tons of cushion settings and I just don't like the shape on my finger. I originally wanted to trade my round brilliant for an oval and she said I would lose money and it wouldn't be a smart move, plus it would cost me 5k (including the setting) and this would be 2k.

I honestly think I like the shape of an oval more than the round. I have crazy long thin fingers and my current setting gets lost.. See below ,, any other suggestions!!

_27914.jpg

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
i really dont like it that way.

that setting is made for an oval, and the gaps just at the top and bottom look odd and unintentional.

If you want an oval shape for a round stone, something like this make a lot more sense
uploadfromtaptalk1424637493299.jpg

Hello-
Where can I find a setting like this? It is so unique? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results