shape
carat
color
clarity

Rough Rock, Cut Rock, Ideal Rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
So.... am I at risk of being demoted back to a rough rock now for being a perv?
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2005 4:36:36 PM
Author: pearcrazy
''But I think it might have been an obscure reference to this: often noted in the medical books
by the acronym, DSB. Literal translation - Deadly Seamen Backup.''-- Websailor

Gotta watch those Seamen, when they''ve been on the ship too long I guess it could get deadly!! You know, 9 months at sea could drive any man crazy!
26.gif
HI:

Yes, and for goodness sakes, keep them off the road!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geologists have decreed that there are only 3 basic types of rocks. I''ve taken liberties with the definitions and propose a new nomenclature for member levels:

Igneous: The highest member level. Their magma has cooled and the crystalline quality of their knowledge, forged by their heated passion for gems, has phased them into a solid state of expertise.

Sedimentary: Members who buy one stone and only one stone, never upgrade, and if their TV remotes malfunction, stay firmly attached to the couch watching the same channel over and over and over.

Metamorphic: Members who have upgraded their stone 2 or more times (see medical dictionary under "chronic shrinkage syndrome").

9.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
So I guess I would be Metamorphic.
rotflmao2.gif

Please never let me be cured...or at least let me keep buying new jewelry.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 5
6.gif
6:53 PM
Author: Feydakin
Just to confirm, Flopkins got the SRH meaning exactly right..

It makes us moody, suffer headaches, and generally real crabby to be around until the ''problem'' is resolved in a satisfactory way..
Feydakin - for some reason your confirmation gives me a strange sense of satisfaction... as in: *YES! I was right!* I have random useless knowledge that means nothing but is highly amusing (at least, for me) at times like this!!!

Something to be infinitely proud of, I know!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 4:36:36 PM
Author: pearcrazy
''But I think it might have been an obscure reference to this: often noted in the medical books
by the acronym, DSB. Literal translation - Deadly Seamen Backup.''-- Websailor

Gotta watch those Seamen, when they''ve been on the ship too long I guess it could get deadly!! You know, 9 months at sea could drive any man crazy!
26.gif

Unless, you meant deadly SEMEN backup, which sounds even scarier!!
6.gif

So, is that what men mean when they say if they don''t get any soon they''ll die!!
9.gif
Well it was me, websailor, who posted it, so I did catch the Seaman drift right away.... and it wasn''t much of a leap to realize it might just have been mis-spelled....

But this is a g-rated board, so I''ll officially state that I cut and pasted the quotes directly from other web sites, I did not type them in, so what you see is what you get....

Leonid, if you want to bump me down, can you please make me a "Natural Rock"? That fits my character (and some people say that is what I am - a "character") best....

emotion-14.gif
11.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
fortheloveofdiamonds,

I like your avatar and the Office Space movie too. Unfortunately, it''s way too similar to where I work....
emcry.gif

websailor

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 5
6.gif
6:53 PM
Just to confirm, Flopkins got the SRH meaning exactly right..

It makes us moody, suffer headaches, and generally real crabby to be around until the ''problem'' is resolved in a satisfactory way..
Moody and Crabby, those are real turn ons guys!! That will get your ''problem'' solved alright
27.gif
!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Do Fiance demerits carry over to husband demerits? I think I started off so far down I'm still trying to catch up! I'm not sure I'd even make it to the "mud" category.
15.gif

I guess it didn't help when I forgot to bring my tux to the hotel so I could change before getting married.... Not to worry, since I was driving cflutist's Turbo Supra and it needed the carbon blown out anyway. I drove fast enough that I got home, grabbed my clothes, and got back to the hotel before the groomsmen noticed I was gone. Besides, everyone in CA speeds....well, maybe not by that much!

We didn't tell this to cflutist until after we got married.....
12.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t you just love the way we remember EVERYTHING????????????
17.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dave:

You're fortunate that you only get implicated in things that go back to moses.

At times I seem to get implicated in things that go all the way back to the garden of eden. As if it was my desire to have gals wear clothing out of shame.... (and other assorted things...)

I do conceed there are other reasons for wearing of cloths. Fashion, weather, etc. Heck, 25 % of our economy would probably stop if gals were'nt shopping for new cloths, and accessories.

Perry

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2005 11
6.gif
3:50 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Ooooh, Steve. You''re gonna be in trouble!

And so am I for this next post.... It''s always defied my sense of logic, that if I could always put the seat DOWN when I''m finished, why can''t the other half always put the seat UP when she is finished
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2005 7:17:10 PM

Date: 1/23/2005 9:44:21 AM
Author: Maxine
17.gif
Everything except how to check to make sure the toilet seat is DOWN before you sit..
11.gif

It is mainly the middle of the night, don''t want to turn on a light and wake up more, and perhaps wake up significant other with sound of bathroom fan, so go in and sit down on COLD PORCELAIN RIM AND SLIP INTO WATER BECAUSE SEAT IS 1 1/2 INCH LOWER THAN EXPECTED! that is the problem. During daytime hours, its just kind of bothersome to put it down, but nighttime hours.....YIKES! Plus, if you look at it, we need the seat down 100% of the time, you need it down 25%, up 75%. So 125% down time, 75% up time...which should be the preferred arrangement?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Just to belatedly add my $.02 on the original topic.....I''m glad to have more explanation on this!

I was actually getting a bit of an inferiority complex when I was still at Rough Rock at over 400 posts...and I''d see Cut Rocks with fewer posts. (But then I''d see how they''d joined earlier than I had, etc....and GoldenGirl mentioned that Leonid kind of upgraded when he saw fit, and I inferred the bit about helpful information, etc....) Needless to say, all of that information aside, I still literally said YAY outloud and clapped my hands like a four year old
36.gif
36.gif
when I looked over yesterday and saw that I was finally CUT! Yay! (Pathetic, i know)

So now I just have to be a more productive member of PS society with LOTS of helpful bling posts so I can be ideal, right??
2.gif
2.gif
(Actually, I''m very happy being cut!)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses,

And you have to quit dyeing the dog pink!

emotion-14.gif
17.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WebSailor, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It''s actually not my dog--I have a little black mini poodle and just found the pink poodle pic on a google image search. Oh no! Have I earned a rep as an evil fur-dying pet-owner?
2.gif
2.gif

(This is my little Mattie.....so I don''t dye him pink, but I do take him out in snowstorms. I guess that''s not much better!!)

mattie-03insnow.jpg

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Bluenoses,

I just couldn''t resist - it''s the prankster in me.
emotion-14.gif

Ahhh, snowstorms... I hear the East Coast is getting tons of it tonight. Is that where bluenoses come from? Just kidding again, but it looks pretty cold in your neat picture.

I used to have two Labs who didn''t get to see snow much in CA. One time I took them to the snow and they were hilarious - pushing the snow with their noses, trying to gobble snowballs and sliding all over. I fell over a few times myself cause I was laughing so hard!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
I recall seeing some model on a show about a year ago that actually dyes her poodle pink. She has a standing appointment at the dog groomers!!She uses the dog in modeling shoots with her. She then went to pick out another poodle to keep it company and she let the pink poodle ''pick'' it''s friend! Anyway, that''s who I think of when I see your avitar.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
BQ, I saw that too!! Had totally forgotten about that....I think it was some MTV True Life or something? (Sad that i know that!!)

eta, WS -- yep, it's a winter wonderland here! Luckily my doggy is much warmer than I in CA awaiting my arrival there to join him (I've now had 2 cancelled flights b/c of the weather.) The picture was from a snowstorm in winter 03, I believe)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2005 4:29:57 PM

2 issues here..

1. My wife always turns on lights, slams cabinet doors, and generally makes normal daily noises when she wakes up.. At 5AM!! She figures it''s daytime, so we should all be up. Except, of course, that I''m a night owl and expected to be dead assed silent after 10pm
3.gif

2. I put the seat down every time I use the bathroom.. It''s the only place in the house where I''m left alone for more than 3 minutes
14.gif

Too funny! Isn''t it the way with morning people to think that we night owls should be quiet after 10pm, but in the morning they figure everyone should be up so noise is ok!

Also- I only have cats now, but even THEY won''t let me be alone in the bathroom. It is like a closed door is an affront to their sensibilities and they will sit outsiode the door and scream until I either come out or open the door to let them in. I shudder to think of what it will be like with kids.......

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Jenwill, my doggie is the same--it's virtually impossible to get into the bathroom without him on my heels!

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
"Too funny! Isn''t it the way with morning people to think that we night owls should be quiet after 10pm, but in the morning they figure everyone should be up so noise is ok!"

The false morality of the early riser.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
At the danger of getting vaguely on topic...

How the smeg did I end up a cut rock? I know nowt!
33.gif

And the subject in hand...

If its down ... no problem... if its up, put it down... easy... if the lights off reach back and check... not like when its dark you dont just blindly sit back down on the bed, you check where it is first.

Tho I do seem to remember one, German i think, primary school where boys where forced to sit down to go to the toilet... as boys standing to pee was discriminating against girls WTS?!?
23.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy solution for us was to have separate bathrooms....so my seat is always down and the toilet paper roll is pull-over rather than under
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2005 11:45:58 PM
Author: jenwill
Date: 1/23/2005 7:17:10 PM

Date: 1/23/2005 9:44:21 AM

Author: Maxine

17.gif

Everything except how to check to make sure the toilet seat is DOWN before you sit..
11.gif

It is mainly the middle of the night, don''t want to turn on a light and wake up more, and perhaps wake up significant other with sound of bathroom fan, so go in and sit down on COLD PORCELAIN RIM AND SLIP INTO WATER BECAUSE SEAT IS 1 1/2 INCH LOWER THAN EXPECTED! that is the problem. During daytime hours, its just kind of bothersome to put it down, but nighttime hours.....YIKES! Plus, if you look at it, we need the seat down 100% of the time, you need it down 25%, up 75%. So 125% down time, 75% up time...which should be the preferred arrangement?

This is not how we argue it.
1.gif
My family actually had a family meeting about the toilet seat issue when I was young, and this is what we decided: seat AND lid go down after use. This is because it is more aesthetically pleasing and because it''s disgusting when the dog drinks out of the toilet.
14.gif

So we compromise with aesthetics instead of arguing convenience.
2.gif

I never get to go to the bathroom alone, either. I have shut the door on my dog more than once when I didn''t think he was coming in and he ran for it at the last minute. lol!!
9.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Golden Girl!

Your post about your dog and the bathroom! How funny! My little snots won''t stop "peeping" at folks in the bathrooms! They are nosy and they will push a door open if its cracked and they try to figure out the shower door as they stand with their noses against the glass! When my daughters friends are over we always joke about our peepers, once they look they go on to something else! They always follow ppl to the laundry room or bathrooms. At least I am not the only one with this problem.
6.gif

Best,

Lori/yellowfan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results