shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold & Rubellite?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I've been planning to have this setting http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47553603?show_panel=true with a rubellite center (still being cut by Bob Kast) in white gold, but my hesitation has been that I worry about feeling like I need to replate it often.

So I'm now rolling around the idea of going with rose gold, but I don't know how the color combination would look. I did a search here and found LTP's halo rubellite, but with it being surrounded by diamonds I'm not really able to tell how it'll be.

Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA! :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it should look great! I'd expect it to accentuate the warmth of red colors...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd have to see your rubellite, but I think as long as it's more pink than red, it's going to be a great combo. I don't think I'd like it with a more ruby-red color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like pink and red family color stones in high karat yellow gold. JMO. I think rose gold makes them kind of "disappear" and white gold brings out any potential brown in a stone. I think that a rubellite should be highly saturated and very hot pink to stand up to white gold. This is my rubellite in white gold. You may or may not like it, but it will give you an idea of what kind of rubellites I personally think look best in white gold. Not everyone shares my opinion of course, and I respect that. This stone was also cut by Bob Kast, and part of a rare Nigerian parcel he had at one time. Some rubellite shifts to a more orange or brown color in some lighting, and white gold tends to make that look worse.

TLpinktourmalineneon.JPG

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
TL, thank you for the picture! I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the stone looks like before making the decision on which type of gold. I'll be sure to post as soon as I see it! :bigsmile:

Thanks again guys for the good points and examples! :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look good in 18K YG prongs for the center stone, and a white metal for the rest of the setting. I don't know if it 's possible to replate rhodium on a WG piece with YG parts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they would look amazing together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results