shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Gold Jennie Kwon Buckle Ring

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
I entered a giveaway on Diamondsinthelibrary.com for fun, because there was a beautiful rose gold Jennie Kwon Buckle ring giveaway. I am a fan of the blog so I may as well enter because I had nothing to lose.

The next morning I got an email that I won, and I was so surprised!

It came in the mail around 2 1/2 weeks later, and I was having a really bad day. I was at work and I found out that my childhood dog of 15 years had to be put down. When I got home, my fiancé told me that I had a package waiting.

6ab13e53df58874c37ada703e75b5f7e.jpg

cc1cc5d7898ac124b69a387b661c7c8c.jpg

As a bonus, you can see the ring in the final photo I have with my dog, a few minutes before the vet gave a sedative. She was euthanized at home.

763f1622dbd4f6697e9e69800c927248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring! Enjoy wearing it - it's so unusual!

I feel a bit heavy hearted for the loss of your dog, I have to add. Normally I wouldn't as I'm not a dog lover, but that photo brought tears to my eyes :(( I hope you are OK....

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Alex Tilley said:
That's a beautiful ring! Enjoy wearing it - it's so unusual!

I feel a bit heavy hearted for the loss of your dog, I have to add. Normally I wouldn't as I'm not a dog lover, but that photo brought tears to my eyes :(( I hope you are OK....

It is! My style is pretty classic so it's nice to have something I wouldn't have purchased for myself but love to wear!

And I'm doing really well. My dog was 15 and had cancer and her time came. She was at peace and we were able to have the vet our her to sleep at home.

PerkyPolly

Rough_Rock
Hi M.M. The ring looks great. How lovely to win something!! Especially when you were having a sad day. I'm glad for you.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
PerkyPolly|1471706466|4068075 said:
Hi M.M. The ring looks great. How lovely to win something!! Especially when you were having a sad day. I'm glad for you.

Thank you! Yes- My day was pretty emotional. I thankfully was having happy tears before the bad news, and I can share that story too!

I work at a nonprofit, and my nonprofit organizes volunteer trips. On a recent trip to Tanzania, two volunteers shared stories about babies being named after them!

One woman (who was volunteering with her 13-year-old daughter) said she let a woman (a grandmother, a mother, and her newborn baby) share her taxi back into town so they didn't need to ride a motorcycle back with the baby. She asked the baby's name, and the woman said she hasn't named the baby yet, and suggested that they name the baby, so they named the baby after the 13-year-old volunteer in the taxi.

And another volunteer on our program birthed a baby for a woman in Tanzania, and when she did a checkup on the mother the next day, the mother said, "I named the baby after you." So I was crying and sent that picture to my mom (she sent us a picture holding the baby) and then my mom sent me the news about the dog.

I'm doing pretty well now. I don't live with my parents now; my fiancé and I own a home and coincidentally adopted a dog last weekend.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
MM: my dog is the apple of my eye - I live and die for her - so I totally feel your pain. How sweet that she was euthanized at home. Dogs HATE the vet, so to think of their last hours being filled with terror and dread is more than I can bear. May your darling rest in peace.

Congratulations on winning this lovely piece! It's gorgeous.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Fulvia said:
MM: my dog is the apple of my eye - I live and die for her - so I totally feel your pain. How sweet that she was euthanized at home. Dogs HATE the vet, so to think of their last hours being filled with terror and dread is more than I can bear. May your darling rest in peace.

Congratulations on winning this lovely piece! It's gorgeous.

I highly recommend looking up services that can do home calls when the time comes. We have two other dogs who were with her and my whole family was on the couch and chairs. They also prepared a little paw print impression for us.

7c8c2d7bdcbb98a3529a0d4ed7b86490.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY pretty & delicate. Sorry about your little buddy!! :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results