shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Rose gold and diamonds remodel!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, they appeal to me. Yessir, they do.

:love: I'm all about them. All about them!:love:
Perfect proportions for me, the brushed finish and elegant detailing.
Love.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Love the gypsy setting in brushed rose gold - so wearable but distinctive. Well done!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just perfection! Rose gold was such a great choice too! I love your newly remodeled jewels!!

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your choices! I am a fellow rose-gold lover and also enjoy smooth, seamless pieces, so these seem like perfect daily-wear jewels. So beautiful!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous and definitely appeal to my style - can I ask how high your five stone now sits off the finger and if you don't mind your finger size? I would love a band of ACAs but so far haven't quite found the right setting. Your set is elegant and lush and easy to wear all at the same time.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
These are both absolutely stunning, seriously. Perfectly complimentary

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your resets!! They both seem so cool and wearable!

Von03

Shiny_Rock
Both are so sleek looking and beautiful!! I love both new setting.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love your resets! Theh suit you so well!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you maita13, yes the gypsy is pretty special!

Curious to know, @GeorgieQ...if you don’t mind...do you see a difference in your AVC’s performance in the gypsy setting vis-a-vis its old setting? I know your old setting is bezeled but I’m assuming the (under) gallery is open?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of your resets. Probably more than the originals, to be honest. I really love what you did with the AVC and you've given me an idea of what to do with mine (I've been trying to figure it out for two years), so thank you!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous and definitely appeal to my style - can I ask how high your five stone now sits off the finger and if you don't mind your finger size? I would love a band of ACAs but so far haven't quite found the right setting. Your set is elegant and lush and easy to wear all at the same time.

Hi Tartansparkles =)2 so the aca band sits really low to my finger, like just a few mm - I'll attach a photo so you can see. I really found the original setting was just too high and I was forever bumping it and catching it on things, I even caught it on my car door once, don't ask me how I did it, but I did it! :roll2: I've had this band for a few weeks now and it's honestly the most comfortable ring I have ever worn, I don't even feel it on my finger and I haven't bumped it or knocked it on anything yet - touch wood!
Here's the photo, sorry it's so huge.
20210225_164028.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Curious to know, @GeorgieQ...if you don’t mind...do you see a difference in your AVC’s performance in the gypsy setting vis-a-vis its old setting? I know your old setting is bezeled but I’m assuming the (under) gallery is open?

Hi maita13, so I have only had my new avc ring for 24 hours as I only picked it up yesterday, but I actually think it performs better in it's new setting. I was actually a bit worried about that as my original setting did have an open gallery so a lot more of the stone was exposed to light. However the avc loves the gypsy setting, it constantly throws rainbows of colour and really dances against the contrast of the satin finish rose gold. I think avc's are just such an amazing cut you could set them in play dough and they'd look amazing! ;-)

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
They’re both so beautiful and unique, love it! The rose gold is beautiful with your skin tone. Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you so much, believe me I am enjoying them very much!

I love everything about your resets! What wonderful vision you have. I love how you have given your diamonds new life, beauty, and wearability!
Awww, thank you so much for the beautiful compliment!

Your resets are beautiful!!! I especially love the 5 stone!
Thank you MamaBear, the 5 stone is sooo comfy & sparkly a perfect combo!

Awe I love it. They looks so stunning on your finger. I love the rose gold with it
Thank you sparklegirl!

::chokes on my coffee:: There is nothing plain about this ring! I keep staring at the last hand shot - such casual elegance! I'm going to quietly squirrel this away into an inspiration folder, ahem... #ringgoals
I laughed out loud at this! I can't believe one of my rings would make it into someone's inspo folder!!! I'm chuffed! Thank you dmack!

Both stunning! I hope your new resets bring you lots of joy!
Thanks Sparkles88, they are bringing me loads of joy!!!

They both look so wearable! Well done!
Thank you!

Ooh, they appeal to me. Yessir, they do.

:love: I'm all about them. All about them!:love:
Perfect proportions for me, the brushed finish and elegant detailing.
Love.
Thanks so much ItsMainleyYou, it's really lovely to hear that other people think the same way I do!

Love the gypsy setting in brushed rose gold - so wearable but distinctive. Well done!
Thank you caolsen, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Just perfection! Rose gold was such a great choice too! I love your newly remodeled jewels!!
Thank you fiona00004, I love me some rose gold!

I LOVE your choices! I am a fellow rose-gold lover and also enjoy smooth, seamless pieces, so these seem like perfect daily-wear jewels. So beautiful!
Thank you so much! There's just something about rose gold that I just love!

These are both absolutely stunning, seriously. Perfectly complimentary
Thank you Cerulean, I appreciate your thoughts!

Love your resets!! They both seem so cool and wearable!
Well thank you so much, and you're right they are both so comfy and easy wear, just what I was after!

Both are so sleek looking and beautiful!! I love both new setting.
Thank you!

I absolutely love your resets! Theh suit you so well!
Thank you so much Spring Day!

I love both of your resets. Probably more than the originals, to be honest. I really love what you did with the AVC and you've given me an idea of what to do with mine (I've been trying to figure it out for two years), so thank you!
Me too!! I think they beat the originals hands down! I'm loving my avc in the gypsy setting, it's performing beautifully!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Clean, bold and sleek...

You just gave your pieces a fabulous makeover!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry @Tartansparkles I forgot to mention my finger size, so the 5 stone aca ring is 4.5 and my avc gypsy is 3.75.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Hi maita13, so I have only had my new avc ring for 24 hours as I only picked it up yesterday, but I actually think it performs better in it's new setting. I was actually a bit worried about that as my original setting did have an open gallery so a lot more of the stone was exposed to light. However the avc loves the gypsy setting, it constantly throws rainbows of colour and really dances against the contrast of the satin finish rose gold. I think avc's are just such an amazing cut you could set them in play dough and they'd look amazing! ;-)

Thank you for replying, @GeorgieQ! That‘s very helpful info indeed!
I’m in the process of setting my 3 stones and am considering a gypsy (ish) as one of 3 settings in mind. You’re right about cut, and AVCs are amazing performers! But mine are OMC/OECs so that may be a concern.
Please post more pics and vids if you can. Would love to see more of your glorious rings! Thanks again!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry @Tartansparkles I forgot to mention my finger size, so the 5 stone aca ring is 4.5 and my avc gypsy is 3.75.

Yuuus, does happy dance round the kitchen table. My finger size is 4.5 and my issue has been finding a band that would sit comfortably between my fingers (in my daydreams I forgot that stones have a depth as well as a face up size). Feel free to add loads more photos ;-)and I'm pretty sure your rings will be ending up in more than one inspo folder!

Edit to add that we've been in lockdown for months with all nonessential shops closed so it has been difficult to try different sizes on.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Yuuus, does happy dance round the kitchen table. My finger size is 4.5 and my issue has been finding a band that would sit comfortably between my fingers (in my daydreams I forgot that stones have a depth as well as a face up size). Feel free to add loads more photos ;-)and I'm pretty sure your rings will be ending up in more than one inspo folder!

Edit to add that we've been in lockdown for months with all nonessential shops closed so it has been difficult to try different sizes on.

I hear you Tartansparkles, I can't stand the feeling of anything too wide between my fingers either, it just rubs and becomes too uncomfortable. I think finding the right ring can be tricky when you have smaller fingers. Basically my band width is the depth of my stones, so it's set as low as it can go. Honestly there is nothing I'd change about this band, the comfort level combined with the simple aesthetic is just perfect for me.
I hope you're out of lockdown soon, such a tricky time for so many folks, we've been so fortunate here in Australia really by comparison. I also hope you get a new band sooner rather than later and in the meantime have fun researching! =)2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently all about rose gold right now so I absolutely loved seeing your new pieces!!
Enjoy!!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word, I LOVE them both! #ringgoals indeed!!

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Both rings look great and I can completely appreciate the want to be both glittery and comfortable!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I wanted to share with you 2 much loved diamond rings that I have recently had remodelled and I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

My first ring is a 1ctw 5 stone from Whiteflash that I've had for a few years. I was finding that I was wearing it less and less as the setting just didn't suit my lifestyle. I kept catching it and bumping it on things and whilst I loved it, it really was a lovely setting, it just wasn't me. I needed something a little more low key and low set! So I had my 5 little aca's bead set into a fairly plain 18ct rose gold ring (with a touch of milgrain) and I just love it! I've worn it everyday since as it's so, so comfortable. The aca's still sparkle like mad and look just as beautiful as they did before (to me anyway).

My 2nd remodel is my AVC from my e'ring. My hubby and I are no longer together, we're best friends and always will be, and I still wanted to be able to wear my avc so I did a remodel. I wanted a ring that was understated, classic and low maintenance. I decided on 18ct, rose gold satin finish gypsy style setting. My avc is a .88ct N with sb fluorescence and I did wonder if it would throw more yellow being set in rose gold. I would have to say that yes, it probably does look a little creamier in colour compared to the old 18ct white gold setting, but all in all, it still looks pretty white to me, though I'm not colour sensitive at all.

I realise that my new rings won't appeal to everyone, but I love them! To me they are comfortable, understated and perfect for my lifestyle. Okay, on to the photos.....

Old setting for 5 stone
20201029_094430.jpg

New
20210127_180726.jpg
20210127_180806.jpg
20210130_174718.jpg

Okay I think these photos may be massive - sorry about that!

And my AVC in it's old setting
20201029_094514.jpg

And new
20210224_141028.jpg
20210224_141600.jpg
20210224_141729.jpg 20210224_141735.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! =)2

Love Gypsy set diamonds

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I'm currently all about rose gold right now so I absolutely loved seeing your new pieces!!
Enjoy!!
Thanks Rubies-R-Me, I love the warmth of rose gold and how it contrasts and at the same time, compliments diamonds.

Oh my word, I LOVE them both! #ringgoals indeed!!
Thank you so much jbkhere!

Both rings look great and I can completely appreciate the want to be both glittery and comfortable!
Thanks AJ37, I'm finding that as I get older it's all about the comfort factor!

Love Gypsy set diamonds
Me too!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
ME???? :shock::shock::shock:My little ring is #jotw!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!! Thank you so much!! What an honour! :mrgreen2:

P

Petalouda

How did I miss these? LOVE a chunky ring and yours are perfection! Your diamond shines SO bright in it’s new setting. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results