shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Rose gold and diamonds remodel!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I wanted to share with you 2 much loved diamond rings that I have recently had remodelled and I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

My first ring is a 1ctw 5 stone from Whiteflash that I've had for a few years. I was finding that I was wearing it less and less as the setting just didn't suit my lifestyle. I kept catching it and bumping it on things and whilst I loved it, it really was a lovely setting, it just wasn't me. I needed something a little more low key and low set! So I had my 5 little aca's bead set into a fairly plain 18ct rose gold ring (with a touch of milgrain) and I just love it! I've worn it everyday since as it's so, so comfortable. The aca's still sparkle like mad and look just as beautiful as they did before (to me anyway).

My 2nd remodel is my AVC from my e'ring. My hubby and I are no longer together, we're best friends and always will be, and I still wanted to be able to wear my avc so I did a remodel. I wanted a ring that was understated, classic and low maintenance. I decided on 18ct, rose gold satin finish gypsy style setting. My avc is a .88ct N with sb fluorescence and I did wonder if it would throw more yellow being set in rose gold. I would have to say that yes, it probably does look a little creamier in colour compared to the old 18ct white gold setting, but all in all, it still looks pretty white to me, though I'm not colour sensitive at all.

I realise that my new rings won't appeal to everyone, but I love them! To me they are comfortable, understated and perfect for my lifestyle. Okay, on to the photos.....

Old setting for 5 stone
20201029_094430.jpg

New
20210127_180726.jpg
20210127_180806.jpg
20210130_174718.jpg

Okay I think these photos may be massive - sorry about that!

And my AVC in it's old setting
20201029_094514.jpg

And new
20210224_141028.jpg
20210224_141600.jpg
20210224_141729.jpg 20210224_141735.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! =)2

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I absolutely love both re-sets!! So so beautiful!! And so glad you have two rings with diamonds you love that are comfortable and elegant and perfect for you!

If you're okay sharing, would you identify the vendor who did the new rings?

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Both resets are incredibly beautiful. I hope you get to wear them with great joy and in good health!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I LOVE both of your remodels!!!! The AVC in the gold is amazing - a ring like that is definitely on my wishlist for the future! I’ve seen similar styles on Single Stone and this one is absolutely perfect!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double home run on both resets. I think they are beautiful.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I absolutely love both re-sets!! So so beautiful!! And so glad you have two rings with diamonds you love that are comfortable and elegant and perfect for you!

If you're okay sharing, would you identify the vendor who did the new rings?

Thank you so much marymm! The jeweller I used is just such a lovely man, his name is Alan Whittle, he's located in Tasmania, Australia and he told me today that he's retiring :( so I think I got very lucky to have these rings made by him.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
So smooth and pretty. Have never seen a cushion set like that.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both resets look amazing! I especially love your AVC in its new home - it’s the definition of easy wearing but beautiful.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the five stone reset!! It looks so smooth and easy to wear. The cushion looks like a completely different stone in the new setting! I like it, but for me it would take getting used to. It kind of reminds me of my moms engagement ring, though her stone was much smaller.

Bravo!!:clap:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
That AVC is so stunning! I love the gypsy-ish styling.

I always stay away from eternity bands bc of my lifestyle as well. Looks like you found the perfect solution.

Wear them in good health.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
The resets are perfect. I love them both :kiss2: :kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Absolutely gorgeous!

I am always amazed at how a new setting can transform the way diamonds look & these are SO different & absolutely lovely!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much marymm! The jeweller I used is just such a lovely man, his name is Alan Whittle, he's located in Tasmania, Australia and he told me today that he's retiring :( so I think I got very lucky to have these rings made by him.

Beautiful pieces!
I have a few pieces made by Alan! Lovely man!!
I also have an antique rose gold pocket watch that I bought from his private collection 23+ years ago.
I thought he had already retired because he doesn’t have his shop front anymore.

I love your bangles!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I think they are both gorgeous resets, the white flash ACAS I love in their new setting! The AVC looks amazing in both settings but that matt rose gold is just so lush and it doesn’t look like an engagement ring anymore of course! Can I ask about your bracelets? They are so simple and substantial and go perfectly when your rings!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
So smooth and pretty. Have never seen a cushion set like that.
Thank you, I think the satin finish helps the cushion to really stand out.

Gorgeous remodels! What better way to restyle than to a way you will wear! I’m a fan!
Exactly nala, better to remodel and wear than have them sitting in a box never seeing the light of day!

Both resets look amazing! I especially love your AVC in its new home - it’s the definition of easy wearing but beautiful.
Thank you so much lissyflo, that's exactly what I was after, easy wearing and klutz proof!!

I LOVE the five stone reset!! It looks so smooth and easy to wear. The cushion looks like a completely different stone in the new setting! I like it, but for me it would take getting used to. It kind of reminds me of my moms engagement ring, though her stone was much smaller.

Bravo!!:clap:
Thank you MjK1 and I completely understand, jewellery is really personal and I know these resets won't be to everyone's taste.

That AVC is so stunning! I love the gypsy-ish styling.

I always stay away from eternity bands bc of my lifestyle as well. Looks like you found the perfect solution.

Wear them in good health.
Thank you!

The resets are perfect. I love them both :kiss2: :kiss2:
Thanks so much HollyC!

They are both gorgeous!!
Thank you Dandi!

Yes! Absolutely gorgeous!

I am always amazed at how a new setting can transform the way diamonds look & these are SO different & absolutely lovely!
Thank you Alex T, and you are so right, I can't believe how different my avc looks, as in I think it looks better!

Beautiful pieces!
I have a few pieces made by Alan! Lovely man!!
I also have an antique rose gold pocket watch that I bought from his private collection 23+ years ago.
I thought he had already retired because he doesn’t have his shop front anymore.

I love your bangles!

Thank you GoldenTouch! How great is Alan, such a lovely man! He closed his front shop a few years back but was still operating a small office and seeing clients by appointment. He said he will continue to do valuations but is pretty much retiring from manufacturing. Such a shame for us jewellery lovers! Thank you for the bangle love!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I love what you’ve done with the 5 stone but I adore your gypsy ring!❤️

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow I think they are both gorgeous resets, the white flash ACAS I love in their new setting! The AVC looks amazing in both settings but that matt rose gold is just so lush and it doesn’t look like an engagement ring anymore of course! Can I ask about your bracelets? They are so simple and substantial and go perfectly when your rings!

Thank you so much meely! So my bracelets are a mixed bag really. One is a 9ct yellow gold oval bracelet that I bought probably about 30 years ago and the other one is silver with a gold disc from a really great jeweller in Falls Creek, Argent Silversmith, she uses all recycled products and has a very 'organic' aesthetic, great prices too! Thank you for your lovely compliments!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much meely! So my bracelets are a mixed bag really. One is a 9ct yellow gold oval bracelet that I bought probably about 30 years ago and the other one is silver with a gold disc from a really great jeweller in Falls Creek, Argent Silversmith, she uses all recycled products and has a very 'organic' aesthetic, great prices too! Thank you for your lovely compliments!

Ah well they all look very good together!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Yes he is lovely & honest!
He made me my first expensive ring for my 16th from my Mum (he was in George St then). It has alternating diamonds and emeralds.
My mother went out with a man for many years who cut opals & sapphires, he was friends with Alan & would sometimes keep his stones safe in his safe. Sadly he has passed away now.
My mother has a beautiful sapphire ring he made her. I took it into another jeweller a few years ago to have a small diamond replaced & they didn’t believe the sapphire was natural until they saw Alan’s valuation (from memory he is the only “qualified” one around. Most jewellers are not gemologists.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
They’re both so beautiful and unique, love it! The rose gold is beautiful with your skin tone. Congrats and enjoy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your resets! What wonderful vision you have. I love how you have given your diamonds new life, beauty, and wearability!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Your resets are beautiful!!! I especially love the 5 stone!

S

sparklegirl1414

Awe I love it. They looks so stunning on your finger. I love the rose gold with it

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both stunning! I hope your new resets bring you lots of joy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look so wearable! Well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results